In Georgia, a bill to cut all ties with the American Library Association is advancing

Got a link to a paperback...I'm deaf, as such I don't listen to audio books.
Preface: Don't get your theology from TikTok.

Having said that, here is a short TikTok that provides an example of the types of arguments made by one of the coauthors of the book in question, and a refutation of those arguments by professor of religion of and philosophy.

Full disclosure, Dr. Carnahan is a personal acquaintance of mine. Not that has any bearing on the validity of his critique here, but you may want to save a few bucks if you find his counterarguments to Dr. Turek persuasive.

Funny thing is we don't riot in the streets, we don't burn down businesses, we don't stomp people to death because they're wearing a hat that supports someone that we don't like, we don't walk around saying that people we disagree with need to be shut down and not only should we disagree with what they say but we should be anti the person that says it. We don't do any of this. In fact, everything I just described are trademarks of what those on the left do.
Hahahaha. You're right. Your kin folk literally rioted in the US Capitol and tried to burn it down, kill Nancy Pelosi and interfere with the proper transfer of power to someone they didn't agree with.

Austin Combs killed someone because he thought he was a democrat
David DePape broke into Nancy Pelosi's house and bludgeoned her husband because he was going to torture the truth about the great lie out of her
Joseph Collins vandalized a woman and LGBTQ+ owned bakery because he believes the LGBTQ+ community are child abusers

I mean, those are just the ones I can remember.

Last edited:
Preface: Don't get your theology from TikTok.
I don't get my theology from anywhere. *chuckles*
Having said that, here is a short TikTok that provides an example of the types of arguments made by one of the coauthors of the book in question, and a refutation of those arguments by professor of religion of and philosophy.
No offence, but I can make my own mind up on matters of religious belief.

Full disclosure, Dr. Carnahan is a personal acquaintance of mine. Not that has any bearing on the validity of his critique here, but you may want to save a few bucks if you find his counterarguments to Dr. Turek persuasive.
If I can't find it online, I'm not buying it.

Bottom line: It should be parents right to choose what their children can or cannot read.

NOT the government. That is not how the government works in a free society.

And, remember, America was founded on the principle of being a free society.

Parents forcing the government to do their job for them, and choose for them which books are available for their kids to read, do not understand how government works in a free society, and thus, have a gross misunderstanding on what America was founded upon, and what it represents. Because when the government removes books from libraries because someone complains, it is thereby impinging on the rights of others when others may choose to read certain books. One person's rights should not supercede others.

You don't want your kids reading books with gay or African American characters? Pull your kids out of school and don't send them to the library, then. You will deservedly be labeled a bigot, but if you earn that label then it's your choice.

Back