In praise of annaswirls

twelveoone said:

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

what some?

that depends
is that spinnach
or green m&m's?

twelveoone said:
In honour of Indepence Day, who better here than annaswirls ?

From the new poems yesterday:

At great personal risk to her professional poet's standing, anna has promoted various and sundry off beat authors.

They have included bogusbrig

seanelson

4degrees

and a long time ago in a thread far away Darth1201 who preformed a small theftage of Billy Blake "thy fearful symetry" (WTF he's dead) to describe the wonders of frogs fucking, which now resides elsewhere.

I don't think there is a MFA workshop authour in the bunch, "Make it New" as E. Pound once said. It is one thing to see patterns that every one knows about, not so easy, once it goes outside the lines.

I owe her, not only for that, but for writing some of the most inspirational poetry done in a completely original way. "Is poetry dying?" someone asked, I don't think so, not with the likes of her about.

I hope to become her harshest critic, because I believe the essence of poetry resides in her. Not "poetics", others are better at that. Techique is a tool in the service of the Art. But it is the Art that is important, even if it looks flawed.

We see what we see. Take a look at some of the threads started by annaswirls, I owe, others owe.
If I wasn't such a lazy bastard, I would follow her advice.

Happy Indepence Day, anna
:rose: :rose: :rose:
May someday, I write something that is worthy of you.

I hope to become her harshest critic, because I believe the essence of poetry resides in her. Not "poetics", others are better at that. Techique is a tool in the service of the Art. But it is the Art that is important, even if it looks flawed. :rose: :rose: :rose:
would you want me to lie?

twelveoone said:
I hope to become her harshest critic, because I believe the essence of poetry resides in her. Not "poetics", others are better at that. Techique is a tool in the service of the Art. But it is the Art that is important, even if it looks flawed. :rose: :rose: :rose:
would you want me to lie?

I depend on you not to lie.
I also hope you have faith that I will again write something that deserves your praise.

~AS

Back