Insert Inside

I've heard that nonparametrics produce more reliable results with a smaller sample size. Now what does that say about the poem, the poet?
Nothing, actually. Nonparametrics do not try and estimate population parameters, which is what parametric statistics use to make judgments about differences in populations. So, what I remember is, if you have some sample that you think is not particularly representative of the population you intend to generalize your conclusions to, you might take a flier on nonparametric statistics to be more convincing to your colleagues.

Or something like that.

I dunno. Was that gobbleygooked enough to like completely futz up all understanding? I hope so. There are some math guys here that know much more about this kind of thing than some flunked out Psych PhD poet nerd.

I mean, life is really scary. Real life. You know?

Ah, but here is the thing with wanting. You have to combine the wanting with some taking. No asking. Just take. I think you want too much. I think you need to do more taking. Go ahead . Take.

And I never test anyone outside the classroom. ;) I just wait for what I want. Okay, that's a lie. I dont wait. Well, I dont wait well, anyway.
This sounds like my so-long ingrained "may I please?" would be counter-productive.

Nice hair. :)

This sounds like my so-long ingrained "may I please?" would be counter-productive.

Nice hair. :)

Let's just say I would much rather you growl in my ear, kiss me and pull my hair. Just sayin'.

You like the hair? I went back to blonde. Only on the surface, hopefully.

Let's just say I would much rather you growl in my ear, kiss me and pull my hair. Just sayin'.

You like the hair? I went back to blonde. Only on the surface, hopefully.
The color doesn't matter. Just that the roots are firm.

well, yes, sure it's not great - I had an urge and plucked it out of thin air, but hey, this place seems a fun place, and thats gotta be good !

That feeling needs to travel through all of you. If it did, you would know stuff that would blow your mind.

Man this is some first rate flirting — I feel like I'm watching on the sidelines as the cobra and the mongoose do the dance of death, and the cobra wins! I'm eating popcorn or corn chips and I can't take my eyes off this! I'm just glued!

(Sorry, Tz, you're a buddy and all — but we both know who is the cobra here!)

well, yes, sure it's not great - I had an urge and plucked it out of thin air, but hey, this place seems a fun place, and thats gotta be good !

Nice of you to take the ribbing so well — welcome!

Man this is some first rate flirting — I feel like I'm watching on the sidelines as the cobra and the mongoose do the dance of death, and the cobra wins! I'm eating popcorn or corn chips and I can't take my eyes off this! I'm just glued!

Hey!! I wanna be Ricki Tikki Tavi! Geez, the snake was even named Nag.

As far as the Symbolism goes, it don't much matter to me, cobra or mongoose.

I just don't want to be the tunnel when she's the train.

Jesus. Listen to the pair of you! I said I was feisty not psychotic. Now, I'm a train? What's next a killer whale?

If it were in me to sulk, I would go sit in the corner and sulk. But that's too boring so instead I will read my book and pretend to be the picture of tranquility and peace.

For as long as I can.

Nice of you to take the ribbing so well — welcome!

Ditto that. Welcome NZ, I hope you'll post some more poetry or write with us. We're silly but we're friendly. :)

Jesus. Listen to the pair of you! I said I was feisty not psychotic. Now, I'm a train? What's next a killer whale?

If it were in me to sulk, I would go sit in the corner and sulk. But that's too boring so instead I will read my book and pretend to be the picture of tranquility and peace.

For as long as I can.

You're a tower of strength to us all, you know like uh Supergirl.

Put it inside, put it inside
Open it up, open it wide.
Make me scream, you filthy hag
Put it in, make me gag.
Put it inside.

Your post is provocative and look at how long your thread was! Admittedly, the avatar got things off to a bang. "It" was immediately contextualized. Narrator seems conflicted (wanting to be made to scream and gag at once, aggressing the aggressor, etc.)

Perhaps you got what you wanted? Welcome to the Poetry Forum.

Ditto that. Welcome NZ, I hope you'll post some more poetry or write with us. We're silly but we're friendly. :)

You're a tower of strength to us all, you know like uh Supergirl.

Well, I try.

Supergirl? *shaking head* I think I'm a llittle too edgy and sarcastic to be Supergirl. Plus the 'Supers' are some what iconically American. Hmm, what should I be? I know! I'll be Peacekeeper-Girl. I'll wear a blue beret and travel around to various parts of the world, interupting battles by making snarky remarks about both sides. The I'll leave when the heat turns on me because all my powers will be outdated and seconds away from breaking down entirely.

In the posts before yours, I discuss whether not I am super girl, a cobra, a train, a tunnel or a mongoose, you can't possibly think that I was serious about anything I said here.

My fault entirely I beg your humble pardon but you may still get a smack anyway do you have any particular preferences as to where?

Did I hear tell you was Bijou's twin? If so I can see why you are both leading me down paths of temptation ... bare buttocks it is! *wonders should I edit that bit out*

*crosses fingers*

Um, nooo, Bijou and I are nothing alike.

Her bare buttocks that so likes to be smacked is a different shape than mine.

Back