Introducing Women's Erotica: a new subgenre of Erotica, and a necessary one

But it is just wishful thinking, because no group has emerged so far. This is why I decided to abandon the project. Your interest comes out of the blue to me, and makes me hopeful again.

There's no need to "abandon" your project. Instead, adapt to the input you've received and reshape it.

This site is run by two people, and change comes slowly. Think about how you might achieve your aims regarding the types of stories you like within the existing structure. Some people have offered some ideas about that.

The longest single story I've seen here on Lit was over 80 Lit pages, around 300,000 words.

I've heard anecdotally (I've not read it) the longest serial story here on Lit is pushing a million words - Tefler, I think, is the author's name. Whether its nuanced or not, I don't know, but I don't quite see what that's got to do with story length. You can do nuance in 750 words.

You might want to pop over to Novels and Novellas to see how other writers do it - and give yourself an idea of story length here on Lit. 70k words is just getting started for some authors - the dynamics don't really compare with paper publishing, which seems to be your frame of reference.
Tefler's Three Square Meals is not a particularly nuanced story. Not in the first 12 chapters, anyway. I'm not sure how far into it you'd need to get before you'd find two female characters talking about anything other than how great the main character is at fucking, but it's more than 100,000 words.

. I am exploring Lit and I guess that a complete novel (over 70 KWords, and multi-category) is too long and nuanced to be published as a Series in Lit.
I could not disagree more. I am currently on my sixth series on Lit. Only one of those series is under 70k words. Combined, they are over a million. Half are in the non-erotic category the rest in Romance. I don’t have a large following but there are many loyal readers.

Literotica is filled with readers looking for the long form. I’ve had some tell me they dislike one-offs as they prefer a story with fully developed characters they care about.

EDIT: And this cowardly male writer might once again participate in the next Pink Orchid challenge. (And O thinks, "Oh, for the love of god, Lifestyle66, not again!!!! Please don't ask me to read it!)

🤣😂🤣😂 You know, you’re annoying as all hell, but you do have your moments.

Popcorn isn't optional in this thread, it seems. All the rational and valid points have already been said and discussed in the first three or four pages of this thread, yet people can't seem to stop making the same arguments over and over and over again, hoping that the twentieth time will be the charm, and clearly trying to prove Einstein wrong.
Also, the many thumbs-ups that some conceited posts get leave me baffled.

@NancyVeeners, even if I expressed my reservations about the name of your subgenre, I wish you good luck with it. Do what you feel is right, and others can do what they feel is right. This doesn't need to be a unanimous thing. Everyone can create their own lists and call them what they want to call them. Either way, I seriously doubt there is anything more that can be accomplished by discussing this subject further in this thread.

Popcorn isn't optional in this thread, it seems. All the rational and valid points have already been said and discussed in the first three or four pages of this thread, yet people can't seem to stop making the same arguments over and over and over again, hoping that the twentieth time will be the charm, and clearly trying to prove Einstein wrong.
Also, the many thumbs-ups that some conceited posts get leave me baffled.

@NancyVeeners, even if I expressed my reservations about the name of your subgenre, I wish you good luck with it. Do what you feel is right, and others can do what they feel is right. This doesn't need to be a unanimous thing. Everyone can create their own lists and call them what they want to call them. Either way, I seriously doubt there is anything more that can be accomplished by discussing this subject further in this thread.
People stating the same things over and over and over. Trying to impress their opinions.

Sounds like every argument I've been involved in...
Cagivagurl

🤣😂🤣😂 You know, you’re annoying as all hell, but you do have your moments.
You know, I really do respect your opinions. In fact, I think if you read all of my stories in the sequence I wrote them, you'll find one major change I've incorporated shortly after participating in Pink Orchid three years ago. In all of my later stories the change comes from you: "Why would she do that?"

I think that's why you didn't like "Maneater". You couldn't hate the MFC, because she explained WHY she did everything in that story. You couldn't "love" her because she's abrasive and manipulative, but you couldn't hate her either.

So, Thank you, O. You made me think!

Back