Is anybody interested in listening to points of view different from one's own?

This is a common right-wing trick. They can’t actually cite reputable references to support their positions, so they’ll either cite Alex Jones-type ramblings or cite refs that don’t support their position under the assumption no one actually reads them.

Either way, they’ve made you spend more energy than they did. They consider that a win. This is why the best choice these days is not to try to be the better person, but treat them like the pieces of shit traitors that they are.

I actually enjoy finding the crux of issues, it’s kind of like playing chess or solving puzzles. So digging into propaganda and finding the intentional or unintended misinterpretations and pointing them out is kind of fun.

On the other hand, watching the dickheads who stand by their statements even after they’ve been disproven is both funny and tragic - common elements to robust entertainment. 🤣

This is a common right-wing trick. They can’t actually cite reputable references to support their positions, so they’ll either cite Alex Jones-type ramblings or cite refs that don’t support their position under the assumption no one actually reads them.

Either way, they’ve made you spend more energy than they did. They consider that a win. This is why the best choice these days is not to try to be the better person, but treat them like the pieces of shit traitors that they are.

I like to counter their propaganda articles with factual articles. (See: Post #200)

Then someone who is truly uninformed about the issue can decide for themselves which side is trying to gaslight them.

👍

🇺🇸

I like to counter their propaganda articles with factual articles. (See: Post #200)

Then someone who is truly uninformed about the issue can decide for themselves which side is trying to gaslight them.

👍

🇺🇸

I actually enjoy finding the crux of issues, it’s kind of like playing chess or solving puzzles. So digging into propaganda and finding the intentional or unintended misinterpretations and pointing them out is kind of fun.

On the other hand, watching the dickheads who stand by their statements even after they’ve been disproven is both funny and tragic - common elements to robust entertainment. 🤣

Well, all power to you.

I’m just going to call them out as traitorous filth who hate America.

I'm curious. I don't see any point in participating in a politics forum without genuine curiosity and open-mindedness toward people who think differently from the way I do. But I see no evidence of that at all in this forum. It's boring, and the nastiness and one-sidedness is dispiriting.

Most online political forums I've seen are like this, but this one is worse than most.
Low-information MAGAs are dying of the Kool-Aid. Why bother. We're getting Harris elected. No more Miss Nice Girl. This is evolution!

Because most people, including myself, believe that the abortion question presents a conflict of values-- the woman's right to autonomy and in her body v. the interest of the fetus in being alive. As the pregnancy progresses the relative weights of those interests change. Even the majority in Roe v. Wade recognized that the state had a legitimate interest in protecting the fetus's life interest, and that at some point in the pregnancy that interest warranted regulating the right to abortion. If you believe in NO restrictions on abortion, then you are entitled to your opinion, but yours is a minority view, with no support in legal precedent, history, or public opinion.

Here are some examples of necessary “late term” abortions that many pro-life politicians don’t want to consider:

"The medical reasons for an abortion in the second trimester include a diagnosis of fetal malformation or genetic anomaly," says Dr. Grossman. These can include:6

• Anencephaly, the absence of the brain and cranium above the base of the skull
  • Limb-body wall complex, when the organs develop outside of the body cavity
  • Chromosomopathy, a chromosomal disorder
https://www.parents.com/pregnancy/m...ing-as-late-term-abortion-here-are-the-facts/

(Thanks for posting the link, @Lazaran )

These issues are only discovered with thorough prenatal care.

Imagine being 28 or fewer weeks pregnant and having politicians demand that you have to carry your pregnancy to 40 weeks (full term) only to have it inevitably “die” upon delivery.

Well, all power to you.

I’m just going to call them out as traitorous filth who hate America.

I’ve seen made minds change, including my own.

If you don’t believe it can happen check out the words and history of the song “Amazing Grace.” it was written by a slave trader after he had an epiphany. It has influenced generations .

What you are witnessing is simply the obvious. Since it's been amply demonstrated that the two prevalent political models do not work, since they have nothing to offer that hasn't already been proven to fail, they instead attack the other side. It's all they've got left to say; there is no evidence they are good, so they have to yell about how terrible the other guy is.

Politics is merely a branch of philosophy. The roots lie in ontology and epistemology. Social prescriptions not grounded in objective reality and logic are doomed to failure. Few are capable, or willing, to invest the effort to start from the beginning. With little or no training in how to use logic, they fall back on emotions to make decisions, with predictable results.

We currently have two gangs of cannibals fighting over who is going to win the game of musical chairs, whose interests are going to be sacrificed for the benefit of others. This grotesque spectacle has been going on for so long that most persons have come to treat it as inevitable, immutable. That is false.

The faulty premise is that social existence is of necessity a zero sum game.

If you are genuinely open minded, you might benefit from reading a few brief essays. I won't mention the author's name, since they have been subject to so much Ad Hominem attack over the years that the mere mention of their identity often causes people not to read what they've set down. Rather a classic example of killing the messenger when you dislike the message.

Essays:
Philosophy: Who Needs It?
The Nature of Government
Government Financing in a Free Society

🙄

Another one.

😑

Off to IGGYland they go.

Bye Felicia.

😘

Yeah, in younger days, I’d patiently take time to say that this wasn’t happening and that this is a bad argument because so-and-so reason. But then I realized that it won’t matter, they’ll have moved onto the next lie even before it happens. And your own position will look weak because now your showing empathy to a bully.

Now, my new position is that these are traitorous scum who seek to enslave free people in the US and around the world. They deserve nothing but hatred and the dark. The only time they respect the flame of knowledge is when it burns them.

Except...

https://thehill.com/opinion/healthc...abortions-are-real-and-they-happen-every-day/

Which means all the rest of your nonsense is just as false.

What you are witnessing is simply the obvious. Since it's been amply demonstrated that the two prevalent political models do not work, since they have nothing to offer that hasn't already been proven to fail, they instead attack the other side. It's all they've got left to say; there is no evidence they are good, so they have to yell about how terrible the other guy is.

Politics is merely a branch of philosophy. The roots lie in ontology and epistemology. Social prescriptions not grounded in objective reality and logic are doomed to failure. Few are capable, or willing, to invest the effort to start from the beginning. With little or no training in how to use logic, they fall back on emotions to make decisions, with predictable results.

We currently have two gangs of cannibals fighting over who is going to win the game of musical chairs, whose interests are going to be sacrificed for the benefit of others. This grotesque spectacle has been going on for so long that most persons have come to treat it as inevitable, immutable. That is false.

The faulty premise is that social existence is of necessity a zero sum game.

If you are genuinely open minded, you might benefit from reading a few brief essays. I won't mention the author's name, since they have been subject to so much Ad Hominem attack over the years that the mere mention of their identity often causes people not to read what they've set down. Rather a classic example of killing the messenger when you dislike the message.

Essays:
Philosophy: Who Needs It?
The Nature of Government
Government Financing in a Free Society

For fucks sake.

The government of the United States of America has so far lasted 248 years - the oldest Constitutional government in the world.

You think you have a better idea? 💡

Need an ASPCA style commercial for the His Arpy's starving to death brain worms. I can hear Sarah now...

Honestly, that one finger thinks politicians are better at making medical decisions than a doctor you would choose for yourself? 🧐

Is your finger saying abortionists are only in it for profit?
Slightly the other way. I take zero medical advice from politicians (take this shot and never get the virus, said the politician) and slightly more than zero from doctors. The trustworthiness of doctors and politicians rapidly converges in the more expensive fields of medicine. So I raise one finger. You can probably guess which finger.

Back