Is being a gay man and not liking anal common?

I’m sure that there are people of all genders and sexual orientations who do not engage in any type of anal play.

Not every act will be pleasurable to every person. Just do what you like to do and what feels good to you and don't worry about the rest.

Maybe you'll grow into it, maybe you won't. There are myriad ways to feel pleasure. Discovering what works for you personally is what life is all about.

I’m not sure that’s a big deal, your likes in bed don’t have to define your sexuality.

I think there are plenty of straight guys who love playing with dildos and plugs and fingers who love anal, I don’t think that makes them gay. I might even know one 🙂

i won't fuck a guy or be fucked. i enjoy receiving anal play, fingers, toys, plugs but i don't give. to me a male ass is a turn off.

I've been fuck in my ass and love it, but i have never fucked a man. I'll gladly eat ass as an act of submission though.

A lot of the guys in my are that ever want to hook up are usually only interested in oral

I have never met with the intent of having anal sex. However, a few men have got me hot enough that when they asked I became their bottom. I liked the submissive feeling it gave me. Ninty percent of the time sucking cock satisfies me.
Yes, exactly. Giving oral is everything I desire.
But if my friend of the moment insists on anal too... what else can a poor boy do, but roll over and brace...?

I thought so too but being tense and not easing into it is what makes it painful, if you use lube and learn to relax, (and the top doesn’t have a horse cock) it’s not painful, to me it’s enjoyable
Believe you me, I've tried everything - relaxing, plenty of lube, etc. Just doesn't work for me, but that's okay, as I said I enjoy other types of anal play that are quite pleasurable

I love kneeling behind a sexy ass, doesn’t matter if it’s male or female… I have only fucked a few guys, and that only in the last few years, but again, whether male or female, the role I feel most natural in is that of the breeder for lack of a better term.
I really love that my partner accepts me into her or his body, and that they get as much pleasure from receiving as I do from giving. There’s a feeling of naturalness there that just rocks my world.
And I have found that with a guy I also do enjoy multiple positions- my last but one experience was with a married man who became femme when the wig and panties and camisole were on… we started out with him bent over the bed, and it was so lovely when I initially penetrated him and slid his top up so I could place my lips on his sexy back, loved holding his hips in my hands as I slowly thrust in and out…
I think it helps that my cock is longish, straight and slender, I’m not a needle dick but I’m also not a painful, wrenching invasion… we finished with him on his back, and yes, it was just as hot pumping and pulsing and filling him as it has been all these years with women. I need to get in touch with that guy again! 😉

Regarding the people who say that they can't because they are too tight or it's too painful etc etc etc. Do they ever contemplate the size of the items that exit this same hole?

You should never ignore pain when inserting something in your ass but there is no reason for it to be painful unless you are doing something wrong. The question is what.

Of course there is no reason to even do anal sex unless you want to. Like so much else, it's not for everyone's taste or inclination.

Taking an object up the ass requires practice and the mental ability to work toward that goal, knowing that there will be pain and discomfort in the process. No one just takes a big dick or dildo without ever trying before without a lot of pain involved.

I’m bi, but lean far more towards a preference with sex with males. Why? I like to be fucked. I like sucking cock and I like cum. While I have fucked women in the ass, I’ve never fucked a man. I prefer to be the receptive partner and gave up being verse long ago. I absolutely love taking it up the ass!

And some here might be surprised to find that women interest me. But there has to be a certain edge to her, unconventional beauty, a kinky/deviant side for me to be interested. For me men are easier to find and easier to have sex with.

Regarding the people who say that they can't because they are too tight or it's too painful etc etc etc. Do they ever contemplate the size of the items that exit this same hole?

You should never ignore pain when inserting something in your ass but there is no reason for it to be painful unless you are doing something wrong. The question is what.

Of course there is no reason to even do anal sex unless you want to. Like so much else, it's not for everyone's taste or inclination.
I have contemplated the size of my poops. I don't enjoy pooping. I don't understand people who look forward to having a good poop. If I didn't have to, I would never poop again.

On the other hand, on a theoretical level, I can understand why some people enjoy anal. I've never enjoyed the experience but the only experiences I've had were with guys who had a "Wham, Bam, Thank you, Ma'am" approach.

I have contemplated the size of my poops. I don't enjoy pooping. I don't understand people who look forward to having a good poop. If I didn't have to, I would never poop again.

On the other hand, on a theoretical level, I can understand why some people enjoy anal. I've never enjoyed the experience but the only experiences I've had were with guys who had a "Wham, Bam, Thank you, Ma'am" approach.
Wham, bam, thank you, Ma'am is not the way to go when it comes to anal penetration. Quite the contrary.

Once I'd realised anal was something I wanted I started practicing with an inflatable dildo so I would be more confident and familiar with the sensations the next time the opportunity arose.

With regards to lube I like the applicators that enable you to get plenty inside you, just applying it externally and/or to the cock is not enough for me.

Last edited:
I've heard of guys who hate oral too, and yes, there are gay guys who find anal abhorrent. Don't know why, maybe it's the pain.

So, over the past few years I've accepted that I'm bi. In fact I'd say I'm more gay than straight and if anything happened between my wife and I I don't think I'd have another relationship with a woman.

I've never been into anal sex. Both giving and receiving. If I'm honest I'm not that bothered with vaginal sex. Sure it's good but I much prefer hands and mouths to penetrative sex.

My query is are gay men who don't like anal common? All I see is people being a top or a bottom, but I've heard the term "side" for men who dont do anal but it's not something I come across much at all. Is this rare?
there are a lot of oral only bi and gay men

Back