Is the desire for multiple sex partners a true sexual orientation or just a kink?

It’s worth the effort , if a foursome try 3 on 1
I've had two women tell me they'd only consider a 3 some if they were assured to be the center of attention. How does one person just get to lie there and not contribute with 2 other partners? 😂🤣

I've had two women tell me they'd only consider a 3 some if they were assured to be the center of attention. How does one person just get to lie there and not contribute with 2 other partners? 😂🤣
I was wondering how that would work in a FMF unless they have turn being the centre of attention and the guy would have to satisfy them both in turn, would they draw straws to see who went first

I look at polyamory and ethical non-monogamy as orientations
our sex life was rather sparse. It was a band-aid that was necessary for us both to attempt to continue our union
This makes it sound like you chose it out of pragmatism rather than being oriented that way.

That's what my own situation is. I wouldn't otherwise choose to be non-monogamous, if it didn't maintain the union.

This makes it sound like you chose it out of pragmatism rather than being oriented that way.

That's what my own situation is. I wouldn't otherwise choose to be non-monogamous, if it didn't maintain the union.
It was a time of learning and growth for me. That union ended, but I have a new healthier union and a somewhat new secondary relationship.

Ethical non-monogamy and polyamory aren't taught or discussed. I naturally leaned that way without knowing it was a thing. I always thought it made sense to have different types of attractions and desires, because I felt that in my being, though I didn't have words to describe it as a young person.

How does one person just get to lie there and not contribute with 2 other partners? 😂🤣

Sort of the premise of a story that my wife and I wrote. ...The idea of two guys taking their turns w/ her - each doing what they want to her - totally turns her off, but the idea of her directing two guys to do do exactly what she wants... Well, that works :)

Read the following story if you can find 40 mins. ..And please leave a comment if you do, even if anonymously. And apologies for a few name mix-ups at the beginning (no matter how many times I edit a story I always miss something!)

Sharing My Wife Michelle

Last edited:
Ethical non-monogamy and polyamory aren't taught or discussed. I naturally leaned that way without knowing it was a thing. I always thought it made sense to have different types of attractions and desires, because I felt that in my being, though I didn't have words to describe it as a young person.
A good point. And bear in mind that you may begin your marriage having NO interest in non-monogamy. ..As I've said a dozen times in as many posts, for me the urge for NM didn't arise until decades into our marriage. In fact, my contentment w/ monogamy lasted longer than MOST marriages. But after having sex w/ my beautiful wife 3-4,000 times the urge for being with someone else became irrepressible. ..And the desire isn't necessarily to be with someone prettier or younger. Indeed, my wife is gorgeous by every objective measure and she is very youthful for her age. ..Nor is the motivation necessarily for having sex with someone who is kinkier. My wife and I do stuff I wouldn't dream of doing during a one-time hookup. For me, the itch for occasional sex w/ someone else can be perfectly scratched by having just plain old missionary position sex w/ an average looking 40+ year old woman. ...Well, doggie style too. ..Gotta have that ;)

I've long theorized that maintaining a high level of sexual activity later in life not only extends life but also reduces age-related physical and mental decline. ..After all, there must be a reason evolution instilled in us the desire for sex LONG after having a child is practical or even possible. And if older couples are too bored with each other to maintain an interest in sex, then they should show their partner REAL LOVE and allow them to pursue it outside their partnership without recriminations or guilt.

I suspect that when people in 30+ year relationships claim to have lost all interest in sex, what's really happened is they've simply lost interest in sex w/ each other because they've had sex with each other thousands of times. ..If they are allowed to spend an hour or two a few times per month with a different person, their interest in sex could well come rushing back, along with the physical & mental health benefits it confers upon a person. AND it may very well spark a renewed interest in sex with one another.

Last edited:
Not sure if I understand the question correctly, however, I know that I am polyamorous. and this is a definite physical NEED for sexual satisfaction. However, I do have a monogamous relationship with another which completes my emotional needs. So, kink or orientation? got me...

I've thought about this a lot during the course of this thread.

Both husband an I were what you might call polyamorous before we were married, although the word didn't really exist in those days. Not so surprising for a guy, but for us ladies the word was slut. I had to live with that.

We became monogamous for the first half of our marriage and though we've always been deeply committed, it was not quite sexually happy or fulfilled and it could quite possibly have ended our marriage.

Since in the latter half we have recognised and embraced polyamory our marriage couldn't be stronger and even not with others, has made our sex more pleasurable, meaningful and exciting. But also we are more fulfilled and happy... and sexually satisfied.

So I'm learning towards "orientation"... notwithstanding our other kinks.

There are so many variations on the lifestyle, it is hard to say. With my second wife, it was definitely a kink. She was unapologetic about being kinky.

Back