is this site always run this poorly

Thanks KM

You know... that specific information would be handy on the sticky in the AH... I know it already comes under the 'Submission Guidelines' topic in the sticky. It seems there are still authors who don't read the Guidelines. hmm I'm wondering how many actually bother with the Sticky.

http://www.literotica.com/subguide.shtml
just to choose one...
7. If you have specialty formatting requests, such as the need for bolds or italics in certain parts, PLEASE LET US KNOW in a note at the top of the story. Otherwise, all special formatting will be stripped from the stories before posting.

I would suggest having this comment,
The best way to submit a story is to do so with everything pared out of it but the text itself. It will not br printed, it will be transfered to a web page which is completely incompatible with word-processor codes.
added in on the Sticky.

You ought to check out the editor's forum. There's a couple of stickies there. I don't think that Laurel wants to turn the author's hangout into the why am I rejected forum, so she did that to the editor's forum.

The actual question is in fact 'Just curious?' to which the answer is: Yes, I am just curious. Just because I've slept with a sheep doesn't mean I'm into bestiality. I was curious :D.

Sorry, that's a cheap shot. I just couldn't resist. Try copying and pasting the text of your story into the submissions page if you're having problems with attachments. I don't think Lit allows centred texts anyway.

Hope some of that's helpful.

The Earl

MathGirl said:
Dear Red,
I know that the ... umm ... sheepmen have their jeans in a pool around their ankles when they ... tend the sheep, but I don't see that I have demeaned the ovine population.
MG

Reminds me of a story a few months ago in the local paper. In a town about 12 miles from here, this lady relocated here from somewhere in England. Her trained profession: a shepard. I am not making this up. She had difficulty finding work in her profession. I think she became a Woolite salesperson.

Ever notice all the "ine's?" Bovine, equine, ovine, feline, ovaltine, benzedrine, magazine, etc........

redrider4u said:
Ever notice all the "ine's?" Bovine, equine, ovine, feline, ovaltine, benzedrine, magazine, etc........
Hi Rider, don't think we've met. I liked the story, but more the ine connection. Imagine the rhyme scheming for a DurtGurl or DG-like epic poem.

Regards, Perdita

KillerMuffin said:
You ought to check out the editor's forum. There's a couple of stickies there. I don't think that Laurel wants to turn the author's hangout into the why am I rejected forum, so she did that to the editor's forum.

I must remember to put in a link straight to the relevant sticky next time. I still think it'd be handy to have as a link in the AH sticky.

I keep forgetting to guide new authors there.

ps: I apologise to the Welcoming Committee for trying to stick to the thread. :p God, you lot are worse than a witches covern. ;)

May I suggest this KM.. try navagating your way to help around here and see where it leads you... then I suggest reread over your comments

Actually, Crows, I am the help around here. That's why I'm the moderator of the Editor's Forum now.

It can be seriously frustrating when things don't work the way they're supposed to. And since I don't have an actual question to answer for you, I had to make do with one of those "what usually happens" answers.

As I said before, I had to make an assumption.

If you have a question, ask it and I'll answer it for you. If I can't, then I will get an answer for you. The questions you've asked so far in this thread are either overtly hostile or not specific enough for me to give you the information you're looking for. I'm not the best orange in the sack, but I will try to help you.

TheEarl said:
Sorry, that's a cheap shot. I just couldn't resist.

Dear Earl,
That was a very good cheap shot. I wish you hadn't detracted from its integrity by apologizing for it.
MG

Ps. I'm not the biggest turd on the garderobe pit, but I can sure make a stink.

Last edited:
KillerMuffin said:
Actually, Crows, I am the help around here. That's why I'm the moderator of the Editor's Forum now.
______

Congrats, Muffie!

CrowsTouch said:
/QUOTE]

Dear CT,
I think you got off to a really, really bad start on here with the above comment.

Helpfully,
MG

Ps. When you're going to make a comment about someone being *illiterate* you should pay very, very close attention to your spelling.

CrowsTouch said:
Just curious...? If you cant open .doc format document you should really find someone who can..

Just an observation, really.

Anyone with Windows 95 or later can open a MS Word format file, whether they have MS Word or not. WordPad is an integral part ofthe Windows package, and uses the same file format as MS Word. In the absense of a file association, Wordpad is the default association for DOC format files.

Since I have submitted stories in MS Word 97 format, I know for a fact that this site can handle that format.

Now, since you are the only person I've ever seen who has complained that Literotica can't open a file in one of their preferred format, I'm forced to conclude that it not this site that is at fault.

Rather, I suspect that either the file or the person who submitted the file is messed up in some way -- possibly the password to the file was not included inthe submission or the sender did something else to mess up the file integrity.

Of course, there is always the remote and miniscule possibility that both the sender and the site management are all fine, upstanding and intelligent people and some glitch in the e-mail network corrupted the file.

CrowsTouch said:
Now I am not sure if that is why it is rejected.. or if whom ever accept's or rejects submissions actually can not open the format I am sending it as... again, I apologize for the comment made.

Go to your personal Submissions page, and click on the story. There should be a reason given for the rejection.

If the reason is something that obviously isn't a problem, such as underaged sex was once in a story of mine where none of the characters were underage, simply re-submit it as is, either copied and pasted into the window or attached. I always copy and paste because I heard through the grapevine that it's quicker to get things approved that way.

-Chicklet

(adding my suggestion to one of millions...)

Re: Re: is this site always run this poorly

Weird Harold said:
Just an observation, really.

Anyone with Windows 95 or later can open a MS Word format file, whether they have MS Word or not. WordPad is an integral part ofthe Windows package, and uses the same file format as MS Word. In the absense of a file association, Wordpad is the default association for DOC format files.

Actually, Word Pad works with Word 6.0 files. It doesn't do well with my Word 97 files. Heck, Word 95 won't work well (sometimes at all) with Word 97 files.

Not to sidetrack the thread but I write in RTF format. It seems to be more universal.

Format

I still write in Wordstar 2000+, convert to ASCII, relabel the .asc file as .txt and it works with everything.

Anyone remember Wordstar 2000?

Og

I like ASCII. I once found a site where they had made a whole bunch of Disney-characters out of ASCII-code.

Re: Format

oggbashan said:
I still write in Wordstar 2000+, convert to ASCII, relabel the .asc file as .txt and it works with everything.

Og

Remember Wordstar? This computer is an Amstrad 682.

Gauche

Re: Re: Re: is this site always run this poorly

batchman said:
Actually, Word Pad works with Word 6.0 files. It doesn't do well with my Word 97 files. Heck, Word 95 won't work well (sometimes at all) with Word 97 files.

It depends on how many bells and whistles are used, but the version of Wordpad in Windows 98 handles Word 97 and Word 2000 files although it doesn't display comments and tracked changes that are in a file. (whether the file is RTF or DOC format.)

There are features available in the Word 6.0 format definition (like footnotes) that Wordpad has never implemented and thus won't display properly, but it can at least open the file and display the main text.

Nope, I don't remember Wordstar 2000 -- I never upgraded from Wordstar 3.1 for C/PM.

I haven't used WordStar in years, although I have fond memories of when it was the Leading Edge of Word Processing.

Svenskaflicka said:
I like ASCII. I once found a site where they had made a whole bunch of Disney-characters out of ASCII-code.
Dear Sv'a,
Your youth invigorates me. These ASCII pictures of which you speak haye a long and venerable history going back at least to the century before last. Telex operators used to amuse themselves in the graveyard shift by sending pictures of things and people to each other. It is amazing the amount of shading you can get into a picture by using simple Courier characters, with overtype.

I'll look round for a sample for you if you wish.

ASCII

Sv'a,

For a modern animated ASCII of Star Wars try here but be patient.

Older ones, still looking.

Hi Perdita

perdita said:
Hi Rider, don't think we've met. I liked the story, but more the ine connection. Imagine the rhyme scheming for a DurtGurl or DG-like epic poem.

Regards, Perdita

Recently, I've much more free time, (S) so I've delved into Lit. Spent some time uploading some stories and just generally cruising Lit. I've also had fun in a rhyme thread in the Playground.

I'ts only been the last few days I even met the author's hangout. There are many interesting and humorus types here. I must say though, that ever since Math Girl took us into the zoo, we have yet to escape the barnyard or garderobes (sent a ditty in to DG on that one).

so with a sheepish smile,
I just might stay a while

searching for stories dark and deep
that prickle hair, not letting you sleep

or poems with a whimsical erotic flair
where ladies let down tresses of hair

to forums of grumpy old folks
who just don't get the jokes

by amateur pics good and bad
photos happy and sad

to a story about a hippo pooting
or some fanatic hooting