just wanted to share...

ffreak said:
dry-humping the neighbour's terrified terrier

Hilarious - I bet every dog in the neighborhood gave him a wide berth. Only a cat would think of that as an intimidation tactic.

I honestly don't think there was anything tactical about it. The adoracle little critter was dumb as a brick and suffered from a severe case of Darwinistic confusion.

Don't give hom too much credit. I think he was just trying to score. :D

Well, I've heard of switch-hitters before, but how come the dog stood by for the rape? Wasn't getting much hisself?

Hmm... never noticed my cat doing for himself what the dog does. There's a reason male dogs don't get that lonely, ya know. Probably why more women don't have male dogs.

MathGirl said:
I'm afraid I can't relate to that. Having cat hair on my dinner plate. I know it's cruel and has compromized the full development and realization of his felinicity, but my cat stays on the floor when he's inside. No couch, table, kitchen counter for the Senor, I'm afraid. He's a great tree climber and roof romper when outside, but he's strictly a floor cat inside.
MG
Ps. I'm probably going to get lots of outraged mail about my cruel treatment of my cat.
Oh, he isn't suppose to be in the cabinets. But, cats don't listen to their owners, if they don't want to. You should know that.

And on the cruel treatment of your cat? Yep. But, tree climbing and roof romping is good, too.

MathGirl said:
I'm afraid I can't relate to that. Having cat hair on my dinner plate. I know it's cruel and has compromized the full development and realization of his felinicity, but my cat stays on the floor when he's inside. No couch, table, kitchen counter for the Senor, I'm afraid. He's a great tree climber and roof romper when outside, but he's strictly a floor cat inside.
MG
Ps. I'm probably going to get lots of outraged mail about my cruel treatment of my cat.
how do you know what he does when you aren't looking?

I love talking about cats. Mine are very weird also - but who doesn't love that? One of mine loves cardboard boxes and loves to chew them as well as chew any kind of paper, and another cat is obsessed with plastic straws. If we come home with a drink from a fast food place, she won't leave us alone until we give her the straw. She loves batting them around!
:cattail:

hotforhim said:
I love talking about cats. Mine are very weird also - but who doesn't love that? One of mine loves cardboard boxes and loves to chew them as well as chew any kind of paper, and another cat is obsessed with plastic straws. If we come home with a drink from a fast food place, she won't leave us alone until we give her the straw. She loves batting them around!
:cattail:
Boxes, especially those with a lid, paper sacks, straws, plastic milk tabs, and many other things that you wouldn't think a toy would be. Actually, the real manufactured toys only last a short while, before they are just a mangled mass of fuzz in the corner. Give me one of these cheap make shift toys, any day.

Oh, but don't forget catnip. Is there such a thing as dognip?

DVS said:
. . .. Is there such a thing as dognip?

Highway apples, cow flop, even doggie do-do provided there is a sufficient quantity! They run at it, drop one shoulder, and slide through the stuff.

They act just as demented as cat-nipped cats, except you really need to bathe them immediately after.

If you do bathe them, they do the same thing again, in ordinary clean grass, or dirt, usually as their first action after being released

It seems to be a comment about their being made clean.

They also do this if they encounter a piece of rotting road-kill, or some other carrion.

Last edited:
Quasimodem said:
Highway apples, cow flop, even doggie do-do provided there is a sufficient quantity! They run at it, drop one shoulder, and slide through the stuff.

They act just as demented as cat-nipped cats, except you really need to bathe them immediately after.

If you do bathe them, doing that again, in ordinary clean grass, or dirt, is usually their first action. And it seems to be a comment about their being made clean,
You know, I've seen this dementia in dogs, but didn't know what it was. That is, until now.

Do you think this is the root of the saying "you dog"? Of course, I mean as it's said in an affectionate way. "You bitch" would the the opposite, I guess.

Our cat thought dog-nip was the name of our daughter's little black fluff of a thing. The cat would hide in a grocery bag and when the little ink-spot walked by, reach out and knock him ass over teakettle across the floor. See dog - nip out and roll him.

Mogwai goes crazy for anything mint or plastic. The best things are the things that're minty flavored plastic. Right now as I speak she is eating a plastic bag that I brought some grapes upstairs in. She chews on plastic, tears at plastic, sits inside plastic bags. She licks plastic until it is soaking wet. She bats at plastic. She loves plastic.

She goes absolutely crazy for minty things. Gum wrappers, for instance. She'll roll around with them, lick them, rub her face against them, bat them around. Toothbrushes she'll chew on. Candy she'll eat.

Cats being mentioned climbing walls reminded me of my old apartment, where I had this big green painted sheet hanging on the wall of my boring little hallway. It was tacked up at the top in five or six places, and made a great toy for my felines. Sometimes they'd sit behind it, hiding between the cloth an the wall. You could see the lump, but they thought they were being pretty stealthy (they being the three felines...eight when one had kittens) The cats could actually see through the sheet from the other side (I tried it once) so they would sit and wait for a human to walk by. Bat, bat, bat. You'd walk through the hall and your feet would get patted, sometimes gently and sometimes not so gently. Ambush from below.

Mog thought that it was great fun to climb the sheet and balance her way across the taut top. So, of course she taught the trick to her babies. As they grew older, they climbed higher, and many times I'd walk through the halls and find up to four kittens practically suspended in the air. They ripped the sheet to shreds. Finally the kittens were too big to hold it anymore, and one by one the tacks came out. The kittens were given away, and I thought my sheet problems were over...nope.

One day I was on the computer and I heard the unmistakable sounds of claws climbing the sheet. Then there was a strange ripping sound and a cat-like shriek of surprise. I got up to see what had happened. In theory, Mogwai was climbing up the sheet, preparing to do her trick of walking across the not-so-taut-anymore top of it, when the last tack let go. My cat was sent flying like tarzan through the hall, and when I found her she was still clinging to the fabric.

Back