Leaving it all behind... (Ryanmo97 x DarkWarrioress)

“Game shows, huh? That surprises me. I’m not sure why though. I use to watch NASCAR but now I’m a fan of Formula 1 races. I can get into baseball and I love watching football. Not a big fan of basketball though. Absolutely love Big Brother. Not so much Survivor. Watched it for a while then just lost interest. I think because there was too much of it,” then she smiled, ”Never been to Disney World. Have always wanted to go but I have been to Disneyland. A few times.”

Travis smiled, "Well, I think we are pretty compatible." He finished putting the leftovers away."Now it's your tell me something more about you personally that I might not know."

“Well….” Casey stopped to think what he might not know about her, “I love to garden but I haven’t had much opportunity to do so. In the wintertime, I love to read. A lot. The changing of the seasons is something I look forward to. Besides walking, I love taking long car rides to explore places. I enjoy hunting for antiques. Let’s see… aside from cooking, which you already know, I love to bake. It’s therapeutic. I enjoy listening to all kinds of music. I’m just basically a homebody I guess you can say.”

Travis listened to what Casey had to say... "Well, we have very large green area outside that I can make into a garden for you. I enjoy a good book once and awhile. We have a few trails here on the property that are quite beautiful. I love a good car ride as well. I'm not a big antique person. I like a pretty wide range of music myself. And, I'm not big on going to bars or clubs myself. I'm pretty much a homebody too.

Casey finished the dishes and washed off her hands, drying them as she leaned against the sink, smiling at him.

"It sounds like we're a lot alike and thank you. I would love to have a garden. Would you mind if we took a trip into town one day soon so I can get some seeds and plants?"

Just the simple idea of planting something and watching it grow made her feel happy. She knew Travis wanted to get out of the mainstream of city life and to be honest, that was perfectly fine with her. The mad hustle and bustle was starting to wear on her. Out here, she couldn't hear a car zoom by or a horn honk. She didn't hear neighbors yelling at each other through paper thin walls. There were no loud dogs barking, only the loud purring of one delightful Furball.

Travis nodded when she asked about going to town one day, "Absolutely." he said. He was glad that they seemed to be very compatible. He yawned, "Well, I don't know about you. But, I'm going to go to bed... It's been a pretty long day. Do you need help taking your bags up to one of the guest rooms?"

Casey smiled, "No, I've got it handled. Thank you, Travis. For everything. I'll see you in the morning."

She thought tonight had been valuable. She knew a little more about Travis now and she was starting to see him as a person and not her former boss. They really did have a lot in common. With the idea and plans of spending the rest of their lives together, Casey didn't want to rush this process. Travis probably would have liked to start a family right away, but Casey had to be true to herself. It would happen, she was sure, but in its own time. For now, she just wanted to spend time in Travis' company and see what happens.

Then next morning Travis was up early. He made some coffee and was watching the news on TV. He thought about making breakfast but he decided to see if Casey wanted to make anything

She had slept in much later than she had wanted to so Casey rushed through her shower and got dressed. Finding her way to the kitchen by smelling the freshly brewed coffee, she found Travis sipping at his cup.

"Good Morning," she chirped as she found the cupboard with the coffee cups and withdrew one, "how did you sleep, Travis?"

The coffee was awesome and just what she needed. After taking a sip, she looked at him over the rim of her mug.

"Is there anything you'd like for breakfast?"

Back