Lit New Year Resolutions

Not really a Lit resolution, but I'm going to try and make this year the year in which I actually become an author and finish the 'big project.'

Happy New Year one and all.

The Earl

Last year I resolved not to make any resolutions:)

This year, I resolve not to get involved in political discussions on lit

ha ha ha ha hha ha ha ha hha ha ha ha.....

The only real way to make change, is to make up your mind each and every day to do the thing that you resolve to do to the best of your abilitiy.

One day at a time- it's really true.

My real resolution is to try to seek what we all have in comon in any situation in order to find a mutually benificial solution. (In life- not in debate- I love debate:)) But that has been my resolution ever since I had my revelation back on the "I hate men thread" that we are all on the same boat and if we don't row together, we'll never go anywere anyway:)

perdita said:
No, Lauren, no! Go get some will power from Raphy or Weird Harold, right now!

Perdita
Thanks, 'dita. I'm fine, just feeling a bit bellicose today. :D

I hereby resolve....

Not to make a resolution. Hell, they never last past, what January 2nd? LMFAO! I will attempt to stay on my diet/excercise program and finish "Souvenir". I will also hope that I will become a welcome member here at Lit and have tons of new friends by election time to commiserate with...sigh. OMG! in the USA..2004 is a presidential election year...shudder.:kiss:

perdita said:
No, Lauren, no! Go get some will power from Raphy or Weird Harold, right now!

Perdita

Maybe men like the concept of will power because it appeals to the worior/hero ideal. Thet conqer and overcome for a greater reward.

And maybe that is the same reason that women need a different annalogy. We aren't tauhgt to concer or even desire conquest and consequntly many of us feel we have 'no willpower'

just a hypotheses...

Re: I hereby resolve....

cynter said:
I will also hope that I will become a welcome member here at Lit and have tons of new friends by election time .:kiss:

Welcome Cynter (that covers the welcome member thing) and you can count me as friend number one in what I'm sure will be a long long list.

PM me any time for useless advice or just a chat. Send me your story for editing if you like (I may be not that good at writing but I can edit like summat not rate)

Have fun.

Gauche

P.S maybe I could turn this into some sort of resolution.

Re: I hereby resolve....

cynter said:
I will also hope that I will become a welcome member here at Lit and have tons of new friends by election time to commiserate with...sigh.

Welcome from me too. *hugs*

Whisper :rose:

sweetnpetite said:
Maybe men like the concept of will power because it appeals to the worior/hero ideal. Thet conqer and overcome for a greater reward.

And maybe that is the same reason that women need a different annalogy. We aren't tauhgt to concer or even desire conquest and consequntly many of us feel we have 'no willpower'

just a hypotheses...

Hmm....maybe that's why I understand the men better....I grew up in a household with a father who really wanted a son the first time around, so I got taught both male and female skills and traits......*chuckle*

Re: Re: I hereby resolve....

gauchecritic said:
(I may be not that good at writing but I can edit like summat not rate)

I resolve to ask for a translation on Gauche's posts no more than once per week. *sigh* That might last until the middle of January if I'm lucky.....

Re: Re: I hereby resolve....

gauchecritic said:
Welcome Cynter (that covers the welcome member thing) and you can count me as friend number one in what I'm sure will be a long long list.

PM me any time for useless advice or just a chat. Send me your story for editing if you like (I may be not that good at writing but I can edit like summat not rate)

Have fun.

Gauche

P.S maybe I could turn this into some sort of resolution.

Thank you, mighty warm welcome! I absolutely adore useless advice and mindless chatter. As for editing, get back to ya on that one. Your new friend, Cyn:rose:

McKenna said:
Heyyyyyyyy... is that an open invitation? :)
I dunno, but I think we should all send Gauche our stories for editing!

I'm not much for New Year's resolutions, but I think my Lit one will be...to write a Lit story *not* based on my life. This will be hard, because I'm actually not very creative. Hmm.

My specific to lit resolutions are:

to write a story for each category that doesn't have one yet.

to re-write some of my stories in order to improve them.

to work on some of my 'dangling' stories that promise sequals but don't yet have them:)

Back