Literary Question.

I don't remember their reasons, but it's still an odd way of reacting to being offered to a crowd for a gang-defloration.

According to what I read, Lot's daughters honestly believed that they three were the only people left on the face of the earth...or at least, if there were any more people left, they were a hell of a long way off, and it was highly unlikely that any man would be found to give them sons and continue the family line. Therefore, they did what they felt they had to do to ensure the family's survival.

I have talked it over with my husband at various times and it was always his contention that there was no way that Lot didn't know what was going down; if he had been too drunk to know what he was doing, he would have been too drunk to perform.

I thought he had something there, and that was what prompted me to write my Survival two-parter, besides that I thought it would make a good erotic story of those few verses in Genesis were fleshed out...

I agree. It was just something that they put in there at some point to obsolve him of any 'guilt' associated with incest. (at the time of the myths originations, incest may not even have been taboo, but with later retellings, would have needed to become more 'politically correct' ONce it was written down however...

I guess it doesnt' matter about the women. There just women anyway. I don't even think the early hebrews believed that women had souls.

SlickTony said:
According to what I read, Lot's daughters honestly believed that they three were the only people left on the face of the earth...or at least, if there were any more people left, they were a hell of a long way off, and it was highly unlikely that any man would be found to give them sons and continue the family line. Therefore, they did what they felt they had to do to ensure the family's survival.

I have talked it over with my husband at various times and it was always his contention that there was no way that Lot didn't know what was going down; if he had been too drunk to know what he was doing, he would have been too drunk to perform.

I thought he had something there, and that was what prompted me to write my Survival two-parter, besides that I thought it would make a good erotic story of those few verses in Genesis were fleshed out...

perdita said:
Didn't Lot offer up his virginal daughters rather than have his guests (angels) sodomized?

Perdita

As would any concerned host, Perdita. The Lot family may not have had a different fork for every course, but that doesn't make them entirely ignorant of etiquette.

In Bible times, a lot of arrangements were permitted, even encouraged, which would be viewed as incest today. I understand that in some states, first cousins are still not permitted to marry, although I suppose that states that do not recognize such liaisons are obliged to recognize marriages performed in states which do.

dr_mabeuse said:
Marquis de Sade would be the obvious choice wouldn't it? Or maybe Poe, depending.

---dr.M.

BTW, Dante's Hell was mainly characterized by feelings of anquish and despair among the damned, which is probably not what you want.

Agree with Doc . . . depending on how hell means to you . . . and whether - I'll guess there would be lesbian refs here . . .so, I'd go with stepped into a scene from: I'd use with in de sade context:

Justine: archetetype of femme sub innocence and naivity. I'm guessing the comment of hell - would refer to the characters innocence . . . of course de sade is very violent - though a dull read . . . must say.

Careful of book references - they need to encompass - and Dante has much more meaning than simply hell . . .be specific - ALWAYS, otherwise you may run away from the intention of your own meaning.

:rose:

Back