M.O.O.N spells...

Tatelou said:
I've had the sound off on my computer for so long, I can't seem to get it turned back on. I go to the Tools department, but it says something ain't installed. WTF?
MG
Ps. The sound worked the last time I tried it, about two years ago. I distinctly remember finding that farting site someone suggested.

I keep a (NO) Smoking sign over my ashtray. I figure if they don't like it, they can go outside for a breather, and that way let me finish my work. Also, I'm thinking of putting a sign outside that will say: "If you don't like first, or second hand smoke stay the fuck out of my house." My favorite one was number 30.

As Always
I Am the
Dirt Man

I love the list -

But all I think of when I see the thread title is Stephen King's The Stand.

Tom Cullen - M.O.O.N spells Moon (and every damn thing else he saw.)

That was one of my favorite books when I was an undergrad!

:)

shit_on_the_face.jpg

Um....eww.....

Did I miss something?!? What brought that on?!?

Whisp :rose:

Ps. *off to curl up in a corner shivering with repulsion*

Re: I love the list -

sweetsubsarahh said:

I thought the same thing too. "The Stand" is on my all time top 3 list.

OK, I'll say it.

Where the heck did that picture come from?

I find it offensive and I think it's rude. If I want to see pictures, I'll go to the pictures thread.

Jeez, I come to Lit because I love words, not some idiot's bottom, let alone what's leaving it.

:devil: :eek: :mad:

Black Tulip said:
OK, I'll say it.

Where the heck did that picture come from?

I find it offensive and I think it's rude. If I want to see pictures, I'll go to the pictures thread.

Jeez, I come to Lit because I love words, not some idiot's bottom, let alone what's leaving it.

:devil: :eek: :mad:

Amen, Black Tulip...Amen!

-E

Well said, BT.

But, methinks Poopy was looking for a horrified response. I, personally, fear for his diet. Doesn't look like he eats enough fibre. :rolleyes:

Lou

Re: I love the list -

sweetsubsarahh said:

Yep, Tom Cullen was the inspiration for the thread title. :D

Dingus, me too. I'd even go so far as to say that The Stand is my all time favourite, but it's a close call.

Perdita: Hi back atcha, gal! ;)

Lou

Re: Re: I love the list -

Tatelou said:
Yep, Tom Cullen was the inspiration for the thread title. :D

Dingus, me too. I'd even go so far as to say that The Stand is my all time favourite, but it's a close call.

Perdita: Hi back atcha, gal! ;)

Lou

I have hedged on saying it was my favorite, but it is close. I have a particular love for 1st time author Allan Folsom's "A Day After Tomorrow"- not based on the new movie coming out soon. All you have to read is the first paragraph to be roped in. A big key for my busy schedule is a short chapter and the book has them.

Good lord, I hope Maths doesn't see that poopness. What a cretin (hiz poopyness, not Maths).

Hi Lou! :kiss: you're the main reason I'm posting, can't ignore La Lou.

For the record, I've not read any Mr. King, not cos I'm snobby ;) , but I'm just not into horror of any kind.

Perdita

edite to add "not".

Last edited by a moderator:
Perdita-

You'd probably like The Stand - it isn't Stephen King's usual horror type of story.

More of a love story, spiritual good against evil, community batting together, that type of thing.

OK, so it begins with most of the world dying from a plague, but hey!

:D

Thanks, Sarahh. I've thought of reading at least one King, I'll try it sometime.

Perdita :heart:

Stephen King's best

If you are going to read any King story that is the one. Like was said it isn't like the typical horror stuff he has written before. If you want to be scared, read Pet Semetary or Misery(great movie, great book).

I completely agree, The Stand is the one to go for. It's very dramatic, and uplifting, as well as being extremely suspensful.

Pet Semetary is awesome, but it always makes me cry. It is horror of the first degree.

Glad this thread has turned into a discussion on King's books. Now, if I can only switch it to Richard Laymon, Edward Lee, or Wrath James White. If extreme erotic horror is your thing, he da man!

Perdita, thank you, sweetie. :)

Lou :rose:

"The Stand" was actually one of few books by King I haven't read.

The film though was fantastic.

I do believe however that after the book, the film is often an anti-climax!

lewdandlicentious said:
"The Stand" was actually one of few books by King I haven't read.

The film though was fantastic.

I do believe however that after the book, the film is often an anti-climax!

Yeah, that's about the size of it.

Although the TV mini series (it was one of those, not a film) is good, it pales in comparison to the book. I never see a screen version of something before I've read the book, but I'm a fussy person. ;)

Katie :kiss:

You're right, it was a series.

I taped it and edited it to seem like a film, so that's how I remember it.

It's also true in my opinion that films never live up to books. That's mainly because a film can't tell you what someone is really thinking or feeling like a book can.

I'm glad though sometimes, that I haven't read the book, when I see a good film.

The Lord of the Rings was a case in point. Many people who have read the books didn't enjoy the films as much as I did, having never got round to reading the books.

I need to read more, I know, but I tend to find things to do!:D

I'd rather spend a thread discussing Stephen King, whom I've always rather liked, than come upon coprophagic pictures when I'm not expecting them. And I never expect them, because I don't go where I think I'm likely to find them.

I agree

I reported that post to the moderators about 12 hours ago, but I guess they think its okay. Even King doesn't create such horror.

I reported the post as well (but I also just put the poster on ignore).

So I can cheerfully read about Stephen King and not have to see that -

shit.

Back