Man in tights: another British question

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Ha

snooper said:
It is - <quick mental arithmetic> - that's £36,733,084.8 in Turkey and thirty six million of anything is a lot of money.

Though, in Brittish currency, it's just pocket money for a toddler.

jeanne_d_artois said:
Sorry for the delayed response Perdita. I haven't been myself.

Pratt's Bottom is about 80 miles from Oxford but about 4 hours by car. London is in between.

Villages close to Oxford include:

Toot Baldon and Marsh Baldon
Ickford; Piddington; Upper, Lower and Nether Wichendon
Cumnor; Delly End; Poffley End; Cutts End; Shorthampton (Hampton aka penis); Broughton Poggs;

and one for Tatelou - Kingston Bagpuize.

Jeanne

:D Thanks, Jeanne!

We have a village called Sandy Balls a few miles down the road from us. Hehehe!

Lou

I once drove into the camping site at Sandy Balls.

I took one look, drove out, and went to Bridport.

The wind-blown chip papers were enough, without getting sandy balls as well.

Og

Hahaha!

Can't say I blame you, Bridport is a much better option.

Fordingbridge (of which Sandy Balls is technically part of) is a very pretty town, though. Off season, that is. ;)

Lou

Tatelou said:
Hahaha!

Can't say I blame you, Bridport is a much better option.

Fordingbridge (of which Sandy Balls is technically part of) is a very pretty town, though. Off season, that is. ;)

Lou

Bridport WAS infamous for its locally brewed beers. They tasted great but if you weren't a local they gave you the runs for the first two days - a new meaning to dirty weekend.

Beer in Fordingbridge was much better but Sandy Balls Camp Site was a blot on its escutcheon. Is the camp site civilised yet? When I drove in they were playing Mary Hopkin's Turn, Turn, Turn - so I did.

Og

near here

Near here. Where I live in Somerset, England. 100 and a bit yards away. there lies or proudly stands, the beginning of the remains of Loxley woods. which stretched from Bridgwater to Glastonbury along the spine of the polden Hills.

Robin of Loxley were you talking about?.

oggbashan said:
Bridport WAS infamous for its locally brewed beers. They tasted great but if you weren't a local they gave you the runs for the first two days - a new meaning to dirty weekend.

Beer in Fordingbridge was much better but Sandy Balls Camp Site was a blot on its escutcheon. Is the camp site civilised yet? When I drove in they were playing Mary Hopkin's Turn, Turn, Turn - so I did.

Og

Hehehe! To be honest, Og, I haven't been there for years. I've never actually stayed there, myself, but I did visit some relatives who'd come to stay there, when I was about six years old. Can't say it left much of an impression.

Oh and thanks, btw, I've got that song stuck in my head now! Funny, though! :D

PAUL C said:
Near here. Where I live in Somerset, England. 100 and a bit yards away. there lies or proudly stands, the beginning of the remains of Loxley woods. which stretched from Bridgwater to Glastonbury along the spine of the polden Hills.

Robin of Loxley were you talking about?.

So, you're a Zummerzet boy? Half of my relatives come from Yeovil (on my Dad's side). I love the accents from that way. Mine gets noticably stronger when I go visiting. :eek:

Best place in the world for cider. :D

Lou :kiss:

SensualCealy said:
I... and of course, no panties underneath, ...
This might be another language problem. No Brit wears panties, if it is a female she (almost always) wears knickers, and if male he (usually) wears underpants.

Re: Hmm

pop_54 said:
We had a bit of modern history in the making today, Queen Elizabeth II visited our humble little town to officially open the new headquarters of the software firm Sophos, be upstanding, "God save the Queen". Then she tootled down the road to Oxford City, opened a kids home, then on to open the new Oxford Uni science building.

Poor bloody woman seems to spend most of her life opening new buildings or shooting Pheasants, or was it Peasant's.

As I wander through this thread (one of my specials in college was English History) I'm pleased to know that my son was part of making history- especially ENGLISH history. He attended the opening of the kids home, quite by accident. Picking up his slightly delayed birthday gifts at the Porter's Lodge of his college at Oxford, he had to stop and join a crowd in an area that had been roped off before he could proceed further.

so he watched her arrive with her entourage. Perform the obligatory opening ceremony and then tootle off to the next.

He was very pleased to tell us that he was in a 'small group' that cheered the Queen.

Re: Re: Hmm

OldnotDead said:
As I wander through this thread (one of my specials in college was English History) I'm pleased to know that my son was part of making history- especially ENGLISH history. He attended the opening of the kids home, quite by accident. Picking up his slightly delayed birthday gifts at the Porter's Lodge of his college at Oxford, he had to stop and join a crowd in an area that had been roped off before he could proceed further.

so he watched her arrive with her entourage. Perform the obligatory opening ceremony and then tootle off to the next.

He was very pleased to tell us that he was in a 'small group' that cheered the Queen.

Nice to hear this 'Old' old chap, we talk like that sometimes:D Tell him to pop down to St Antony's one day and the head of maintenance will buy him a beer.

perdita said:
I know, cheri ;) .

I like Cumnor :eek: fine.

Perdita :rose:

Well threr's a thing, Cumnor's just about 3 miles from me as I sit here, let me know if you are cumming to see it dear:devil: :D :rose:

pop_54 said:
Well threr's a thing, Cumnor's just about 3 miles from me as I sit here, let me know if you are cumming to see it dear:devil: :D :rose:
Sure will, lover. Think I'll put a special tack on my map now. :kiss:

perdita said:
Sure will, lover. Think I'll put a special tack on my map now. :kiss:

Careful with your aim dear, 3 miles is ever so small on a map, I'd hate to feel a prick:devil: :D :rose:

perdita said:
In fact, Yorkshire locals contend, Robin Hood, a man no one is sure ever existed, may have been born smack in the middle of the Wakefield bus depot. [/B]

Hahahahah *LMAO*

I'm SURE there's a good story in that line somewhere. It's just begging to be written down. Thank you, Perdita. Thank you so much!

:kiss: :rose:
Sadie

Re: Re: Man in tights: another British question

SadieRose said:
Hahahahah *LMAO*

I'm SURE there's a good story in that line somewhere. It's just begging to be written down. Thank you, Perdita. Thank you so much!

:kiss: :rose:
Sadie

It was just an excuse for the buses running late that day, they couldn't blame the leaves, it was summer.

Tickled?

snooper said:
This might be another language problem. No Brit wears panties, if it is a female she (almost always) wears knickers, and if male he (usually) wears underpants.

Have discovered via forums that many of our American Brethren (and Sistren) find the word "Knickers" extremely amusing.

No one has yet explained why this should be.

Personally, I think that "Panties" always makes me think of nappy (diaper) advertisements. Or Panty Liners (we call them Pads)

Perhaps it's all Benny Hill's fault?

*scratches head*

xx.Sadie

Re: Re: Re: Man in tights: another British question

pop_54 said:
It was just an excuse for the buses running late that day, they couldn't blame the leaves, it was summer.

Heheh...

"Somebody move that fucking woman, now! We can't get the number forty seven past her and we're already getting phone calls from Hull complaining that the Port Service is delayed! ....O.My.God.... what IS she doing? Is she doing what I THINK she's doing?"

*Sadie Skribbing*

xx.S

Re: Re: Re: Re: Man in tights: another British question

SadieRose said:
Heheh...

"Somebody move that fucking woman, now! We can't get the number forty seven past her and we're already getting phone calls from Hull complaining that the Port Service is delayed! ....O.My.God.... what IS she doing? Is she doing what I THINK she's doing?"

*Sadie Skribbing*

xx.S

I see you're starting it 9 months and a week or so before the birth then dear:devil:

Noooo.. that would be up against the stand, at 11.45pm after a few too many port and lemons! Perhaps we could use that as the Prologue (to quote Lurkio)

*chuckles*

xx.Sadie

Back