Moderation

I just think it's kind of funny that sixteen hours without a Moderator post is considered a long stretch. I mean, let's have a little perspective here--this isn't real life; I don't spend all my time here. I pop in at least once a day, typically, if for no other reason than to attend to my duties. But I've been here for over two years and have less than three thousand posts. I've never posted frequently, just at length.

I run in cycles. If my RL time is largely open, or I get sucked into some good conversations, I post more. If nothing much captures my interest, or my real life is busy, I post little. This says nothing about the nature of the board.

And my RL has been very interesting in the last few days.

Last edited:
My Asshole...

...has quite honestly never received more attention than here.

"Paging Dr. Freud, Paging Dr. Freud."

I love the Moderators.

They are beautiful, and wise in their ways.

Mz. Christa...pass the butt plug, won't you, darling?

Lance "Chocolate Starfish" Castor

Re: My Asshole...

Lancecastor said:
...has quite honestly never received more attention than here.

Lance "Chocolate Starfish" Castor

Yeah,...what he said! If I didn't have Dream,...I would be insanely jealous, and envious of ALL the attention Lance gets with his posts.

PB,...you TOO !!! :D

Lancecastor said:
I agree with you on all counts, WP, and MT's analysis and additional factors to consider also struck me as completely bang-on.

I don't believe the Moderators are inherently or irrevokably bad, wrong, etc in this...never did. I think everyone who posted in that mess owns a slice of the blame pie, if it's being served. And I'll have mine with a side of crow if it's going around, too.

But the question deserved asking....because it is quantifiably different here at the present time.

Cheers;
Lance

I will say that unless I missed a post in particular, hat's off to you , Lance for accepting your piece of pie.

This topic has gotten as stale as my mother's diaphragm. Can we move on, please? (I am going to, care to join me?)

As far as your asshole goes, I won't kiss anyone's ass unless I call them Sir!

:eek:

MissTaken said:

I will say that unless I missed a post in particular, hat's off to you , Lance for accepting your piece of pie.

:eek:

I eat pie, all kinds, from humble to peach.

Lance

Lancecastor said:

I eat pie, all kinds, from humble to peach.

That was just a "peachy" post. Err,...uhmmm,...sorry,...I only now read the humble part,...my apologies! :D

(is there a proper word for reading backward?)

ambivalence: A.M.B.I.V.A.L.E.N.C.E.

One of my favorite words. The a's and the e's are easy to get mixed up, aren't they?

I also like: amorphous. Ambiguous. And ambidextrous.

Ever hear the one about the Society for the Advancement of Apathy and Ambivalence?

heh.

Re: Re: My Asshole...

artful said:

Yeah,...what he said! If I didn't have Dream,...I would be insanely jealous, and envious of ALL the attention Lance gets with his posts.

PB,...you TOO !!! :D

Do I really get extra attention? :) Nah, I don't think so. At least not compared to good ole Lance "he da man".

Besides... I'm mostly a lurker.

PBW

Aww P.B.....

...maybe you need to be properly attended to. :D

Hello, I'm Persephone...pleased to meet your acquaintance. I'm just your average semi-switch, semi-sub, newbie with a rather verbose nature. ;)

Do you feel the luuurve now? :p

Actually, lol, I've enjoyed reading your posts. I think you've kept your head above the fray...that's not a bad place to be in my book.

See, you're making new friends everyday. ;)

Jeez! How'd this thread get all warm and fuzzy???

*Ack* it's because of that annoying wayward pseudo-sub again...

P. :rose:

Hiya Persephone :) Nice to make your aquaintence.

I could almost describe myself the same way as you have. But I'm short on time today so I must be going. :(

I'll be around... lurking and keeping to my own "devices"... hehe.

- PBW

Sandia said:
ambivalence: A.M.B.I.V.A.L.E.N.C.E.

One of my favorite words. The a's and the e's are easy to get mixed up, aren't they?

I also like: amorphous. Ambiguous. And ambidextrous.

Ever hear the one about the Society for the Advancement of Apathy and Ambivalence?

heh.

I'm choosing to be ambivalent about the play on words by my dear fellow posters, MissTaken & Sandia.

So there.

Spell cheque, please!
Lance

Back