NaNoPoMo Challenge Support Thread

wildsweetone said:
i have just read Flippy by BooMerengue
and have this lump in my throat so big it's difficult to swallow. *hugs* dear lady, from deep in my heart. :kiss:

i will think about what you've said.

That's one of my all-time favourites. (I really should take advantage of that option.)

I almost didn't post this cuz I don't want folks to think we're goin' out or anything. LOL But I had to.This...

Laika
by Tristesse

Laika's "coffin" circled the Earth 2,570 times and burned up in the Earth's atmosphere on 4 April 1958.

Nov 3rd

I wonder if she felt fear
strapped in her metal tube.
Small innocent hero
sacrificed by man
as he raced to conquer space.
For four days she spun looking out
at stars, at her blue-green home
puzzled in her isolation.
Only know do they
tell the truth
how she died from heat
and terror.

... is my kind of poem, and I thank you. Now- just go take the k off know so it'll say now! lol

EDIT!!
I did not write this poem...

Tristesse did!!

When I copied the quote I assumed her name would be on it. Ohhh, Tris! Sooo sorry sweety!!!

Last edited:
ah, a meeting of the minds. you make a stunning couple.

*grinning my head off* --- hey, i couldn't resist.

MET, do you happen to have a secret stash of poetry or something? ;)

hey, is anybody finding that they have a bajillion poems just waiting at their fingertips, to pour fourth?

...maybe this challenge was not a good idea.

*gulp*

wildsweetone said:
hey, is anybody finding that they have a bajillion poems just waiting at their fingertips, to pour fourth?
That's irony, right?

:kiss:
BooMerengue said:
I almost didn't post this cuz I don't want folks to think we're goin' out or anything. LOL But I had to.This...

Laika
... is my kind of poem, and I thank you. Now- just go take the k off know so it'll say now! lol

EDIT!!
I did not write this poem...

Tristesse did!!

When I copied the quote I assumed her name would be on it. Ohhh, Tris! Sooo sorry sweety!!!

I was using the "all of a sudden passion suddenly" format and just writing off the cuff. I will go and
EDIT!!
if we can go steady.

:cool:

Tristesse said:

I was using the "all of a sudden passion suddenly" format and just writing off the cuff. I will go and
EDIT!!
if we can go steady.

:cool:

I'll only go steady with you if I'm allowed to cheat.

wildsweetone said:
ah, a meeting of the minds.

MET, do you happen to have a secret stash of poetry or something? ;)

*gulp*

no...what I write I usually write here. I HAD an old computer that crashed alot so I got into the habit of writing here submitted or / zen / chicken thread so that if anything did happen to my computer that I would be able to retrieve them <grin> and it is a good thing I did cause my puter finally bit the dust. I got a new one but my habits of wriiting here are the same only my computer goes faster <grin>

I am not totally sure why but I enjoy sitting after supper <every night> with a big 'Punch' cigar and for an hour or so, write a poem or two..(good /bad or indifferent) ...that's just me <grin>

BooMerengue said:
I'll only go steady with you if I'm allowed to cheat.

you two sound like you need a room. ;)

stop chatting and write!!!

:D

Art, Lit sure is a handy hard-drive. ;)

Great poetry everyone, keep up the good work.

:rose:

WSO!

8. the sounds of spring is a beautiful entry, especially this part...

Bees don’t mumble,
they growl and grumble
and the blackbird hisses
as it spits a foul worm​

The meter of those 4 lines caught me and could well be the beginning of a whole new poem! Thanks for the read, kid! :rose:

thank you Boo :rose:

roll on December editing! ;)

this poem a day lark is interesting in what it's freeing up.

how are you doing? you're sure putting up some very interesting writing. :rose:

wildsweetone said:
thank you Boo :rose:

roll on December editing! ;)

this poem a day lark is interesting in what it's freeing up.

how are you doing? you're sure putting up some very interesting writing. :rose:

Interesting. Hmmm... Thats what Mom would say when I asked her if I was pretty. "You have an interesting face, dear." LOL

I'm not really happy with much of what I've written so far. I can't seem to get a grip on the emotion just under the skin of me. In time, maybe...

But I do Thank You for reading them. :rose:

quit trying so hard and just let the words flow. the emotion will out, given the chance.

:)

wildsweetone said:
quit trying so hard and just let the words flow. the emotion will out, given the chance.

:)

Yeah, you're right. Thats what the school Drs used to tell my Mom. LOL Hey- I'm ready!! Just sitting here waiting!

I do love you!!

write, write stream-of-consciousness and it will come out. it always does. *smile*

i love you too.

Anna? I just read your Number 7 and I really love it- I really do! I hated that book, but that's part of why I like your poem so much! Thanks! :rose:

Anna your Nov 7 has me giggling, thank you :rose:

Boo i sure hope you finish that Glosa, i really do. i just know it's going to be awesome. it's cool that you've put it up, there's no law saying you can't do that and you can always, always go back and add to it when the mood strikes. :kiss:

This caught my eye today...

Dead End~
by MET

I thought I was right
till
I took a left
ran smack 'dab' into
a dead end

I watched her curves
wondering
what was around
'the bend'

roaming mounds
loop
looking for
'clearance'

stop

crashed into
a wedding band
at a high rate of need

at the intersection
of lonely

Pretty good, MET. Certain parts ring out to me. Sounds like a lyric.

Last edited:
'and fell as a rain of titter
into my head'
- Liar

i love it!

Boo! you finished! i love it! write another! *wicked wink*

Anna, that's a beautiful sounding garden you have there.

Art, ouch! i sure hope you didn't burn yourself too badly.

keep writing all, and remember, have fun! :rose:

yeah i know. so what's new? :p aint it great to know you're not alone? *wicked wink*

i'll write one if you write another. i went to the beach yesterday and want to play with it a little.

Last edited:
wildsweetone said:
yeah i know. so what's new? :p aint it great to know you're not alone? *wicked wink*

i'll write one if you write another. i went to the beach yesterday and want to play with it a little.

You want to write another Glosa? Well, I'm game. I think. But YOU have to go find a rhyming poem and how about we both do the same verse? See how alike/different we are? Huh?? Game??

yep i'm game. any particular verse? i'll check in tonight (about 12 hours from now), but will spend the day looking for something in case you're not choosy. :)

wildsweetone said:
yep i'm game. any particular verse? i'll check in tonight (about 12 hours from now), but will spend the day looking for something in case you're not choosy. :)

I am choosy. Choicy, we say here. And I'm choice!! LOL But I choose you- I chose you a long time ago, remember? And I've never looked back.

I trust you. Find something with a good story, good rhymes, something that has enough message that we can expound on it.

Anyone else wanna get in on this mini challenge? WSO can start another thread- we'll sign up. See what comes...

*hug and kiss* Flippy has an awesome sister.

man there's some heavy poetry in this thread. :)

*going to think about something light and airy*

Back