NaNoPoMo Challenge Support Thread

wildsweetone said:
*hug and kiss* Flippy has an awesome sister.

man there's some heavy poetry in this thread. :)

*going to think about something light and airy*

:rose:

This Flippy is the uncle of the other Flippy- they're both Philips. We have one more... but we don't call him Flippy, except sometimes when I slip.

Art, you sure got me on that one! underpants over the head indeed! lol

and Liar! sooooo glad you made it in time! bouncing along just fine there i see. :)

keep up the good work everyone. this is such a fun challenge. :)

wildsweetone said:
Art, you sure got me on that one! underpants over the head indeed! lol

and Liar! sooooo glad you made it in time! bouncing along just fine there i see. :)

keep up the good work everyone. this is such a fun challenge. :)

thanks wild...

I was cleaning house and doing laundry and that come to me <grin>

I am enjoying the challenge <grin> (~_*)

Anna! i swear i tried really hard not to cough my bugs all over you. i hope you're doing okay dear. :rose:

I keep seeing this thread as NannyNannyPoPo - you know, that thing kids chant as a taunt. I just can't help it. Maybe I was taunted a lot as a child?

...maybe.

sorry it brings back taunted memories, maybe you should write a poem about that.

;)

a taunted memory poem... hmmm... brings back memories. School yard bullies, VietNam rallies, abusive partners... hmmm...

What are we going to do with these poems, Kiddo? Have you anything in mind?

what am i going to do?

hmm... a massive amount of editing for over the christmas break when i'm not online...? lol

heck i haven't a clue. i doubt anything i have is worth sending off anywhere. maybe i'll print out a final copy of each and store it in a box somewhere.

what are you going to do?

wildsweetone said:
what am i going to do?

hmm... a massive amount of editing for over the christmas break when i'm not online...? lol

heck i haven't a clue. i doubt anything i have is worth sending off anywhere. maybe i'll print out a final copy of each and store it in a box somewhere.

what are you going to do?

I don't know- burn them, maybe. Theres not any of what I'd call 'knock out' poems.(of mine) I've been reading through them, though. There are some good ones here. Maybe we can invite the public to peruse them? Pick out their favs? Might be too much for all to read- 120 poems is a lot. I don't know. It just seems like such a good challenge- I hate for it to just end. It's been good for me anyway. The timing couldn't have been better. *shrugs Who knows?

I had no idea that this thread was here, omgoodness, I thought another challenge? I cannot possibly!

Okay I feel like a total bozo for putting that supporting post int he poem thread :rolleyes: I was feeling um unsupported :eek:

heheh not really, just wanted to give a cheer, and damn y'all are over here the whole time.

BooMerengue said:
Anna? I just read your Number 7 and I really love it- I really do! I hated that book, but that's part of why I like your poem so much! Thanks! :rose:

Thank you!! I have to go back and leave my comments here, goodness

annaswirls said:
I had no idea that this thread was here, omgoodness, I thought another challenge? I cannot possibly!

Okay I feel like a total bozo for putting that supporting post int he poem thread :rolleyes: I was feeling um unsupported :eek:

heheh not really, just wanted to give a cheer, and damn y'all are over here the whole time.

You are a blonde, aren't you! he he he
[SIZE=-4]
just kidding- so am I!! lol[/SIZE]

Buggrit! My puter went titsup yesterday, and I'll get it fixed tomorrow. Gonna hafta catch up on the poems this weekend.

Til I'm back, play nice. Or..um...just play. :)

i'm gonna die laughing, i swear it.

anna, where have you been honey? ;) here i've been avidly reading ALL the poetry in that thread (and there's a heck of a lot too!) and you've been thinking nobody's been looking at it? poor honey. :rose: glad you finally made it over here. ;) now, quit gossiping and get writing! sheesh.

:D

Boo, if any of yours gets burned i'm gonna come up there and spank you. i swear it as long as this :nana: is :nana: 'ing. you hear me woman? and by goddess of all that's wonderful, DON'T YOU DARE say you're not a poet. got that?
:kiss:

(mine is a different matter however :D i've got the cauldron ready. lmao i figure the more i burn the less i have to edit. lol)

Liar you're going great guns! don't stop writing okay? store all those poems up and post them when your computer has a new bra. (why is it that computers go tits up? why do they never go tits down? i don't really want to know, just pondering ya know. ;) )

ps i'm a blonde too. okay, okay, chill out, i'm going grey. brunette to grey, suferinsuckertash. where's the dye bottle gone?

wildsweetone said:
i'm gonna die laughing, i swear it.

anna, where have you been honey? ;) here i've been avidly reading ALL the poetry in that thread (and there's a heck of a lot too!) and you've been thinking nobody's been looking at it? poor honey. :rose: glad you finally made it over here. ;) now, quit gossiping and get writing! sheesh.

ps i'm a blonde too. okay, okay, chill out, i'm going grey. brunette to grey, suferinsuckertash. where's the dye bottle gone?

I have it.

I am telling you, I really only read through about 2-3 threads at any given time, for a while the Construction and thin-skinned...I used to try to keep current but I can't! Besides what the fuck is nanopomo, damn it, you were askin for someone like me to be tripped up. I thought it was some sort of new form

la-di-dah-di-da-di-NA
la-di-dah-di-da-di-NO
la-di-PO
la-di-MO
la-di-dah-di-da-di-NO

okay I am making a new challenge. Write a five line poem with the above rhythm. No, it does not have to rhyme with the la di dah, but the end sounds of each line should match.

i have had a glass of wine and form poetry (i just wrote 'gorm' :rolleyes: ) has just flown out the window, trust me it really has.

la-di-dah-di-da-di-NA
la-di-dah-di-da-di-NO
la-di-PO
la-di-MO
la-di-dah-di-da-di-NO

under bridges we will go
holding papers tight in hand
on the way
we will find
lots more join our merry band

not right i know. trying again:

la di dah, di da di NA
under waves, the sea horse swims
la di dah, di da di NO
and spies Anna, so far to go
la di PO
she swims alone
la di MO
sinks like a stone
la di dah, di da di NO
he eyes her decend just so.

oh, i so suck at this stuff. wait up, that's tomorrows poem! :p

ps i've already had it in the neck about the NaNoPoMo title, keep up girl!
;) you are one of those people who only read the headlines and not the whole entire news item in the paper. tut tut :p

wildsweetone said:
Art, Number 17... men! :rolleyes:

lol

He He He He-men <grin>

I am enjoying the Challenge wild~
we find our muse with an amusing since of humor sometimes and...
sometimes not <smile> (~_~)

Art~

wahoo! we're on the last stretch everyone! hang in there, this month only has 30 days *grin*

wildsweetone said:
wahoo! we're on the last stretch everyone! hang in there, this month only has 30 days *grin*

This month will last forever... and ever...

wildsweetone said:
you can say that again, Ms Poet. write some more. i have a need to, too.

:kiss:
and *hug*

damn it all I can write about is how I do not want to write

:)

I dont know how I used to do this on a regular basis. it comes and goes.

I bought the good kind of bird food with nuts and berries and chunks of suet. Let's see if the songbirds come.

If you feed them they will come

you can write dear.

sit down, focus on the moment. write about your hands poised above the keyboard and typing. write about the room you are sitting in. let your mind go wherever it wills and write your heart out. i guarantee within ten minutes you'll be on a roll with something. if you stop then, look over what you've written, pick something that sticks out and expand on it.

relax and enjoy what happens.

Back