New Author Profiles BETA Feedback Request

When you submit a new story, it should allow you to add it to any of your existing Series before submitting for publication. If it doesn't, that may be a bug.

Here's what it looks like:

You may need to click "Save Draft" for the "Add To Series" button to appear. This functionality has been there since the rollout of the Series Pages, if not before.

If it doesn't work on your account, please let me know.

Apparently, I'm blind. Thank you!

Every time I click on an author I see the profile for a split second before getting an Error 500 Internal Server Error. Im on mobile if this helps to narrow down the cause. Ive tried it with mutliple authors too.

The new design is prettier, and I do like being able to sort into series by date; it would be nice to sort by genre first and then date. However, the organization of the profile feels harder to find what i want to know.

I did have an embedded picture on my profile which is missing. The throw-away little tiny avatar has instead enlarged and is not something I really want to be the only thing that represents me.

I miss having the actual date joined and date the profile was modified. "Last year" can be anywhere from 4 to 16 months ago.

A lot of people seem to have "favorites" but when you click on that they don't have any authors or stories listed. I assume this is a bug.

The "Show more" on the bio cuts off at too few lines; most profiles are no more than 12 or so lines long, but you cut them off at only 6 or so. The old one had the bio at the bottom so it didn't need to be cut off at all...

I miss having the actual date joined and date the profile was modified. "Last year" can be anywhere from 4 to 16 months ago.
I'd like to see the actual dates for both of these fields also.
A lot of people seem to have "favorites" but when you click on that they don't have any authors or stories listed. I assume this is a bug.
Maybe these are favorite chatters. It would be helpful to see those as well, like it was before this change.

When viewing my Works, I found that the stats change depending on whether I'm sorting alphabetically or by date. This is especially noticeable on my newest story which still shows it is NEW when listed alphabetically (but not by Date) even though it was published nearly three weeks ago.

Will we ever get the option to reverse to the good ol' times? Or are we now simply forced to use the inferior product? I use literotica mainly for visibility & accessibility, not for some cluttered and generic UI.

When viewing my Works, I found that the stats change depending on whether I'm sorting alphabetically or by date. This is especially noticeable on my newest story which still shows it is NEW when listed alphabetically (but not by Date) even though it was published nearly three weeks ago.
Hmm, my latest is NEW and HOT when in Alpha sort but only NEW in date sequence.

Throw in the duplicated stories (see above) and practical issues like pagination I have to conclude that this should not be out of Beta.

We're getting close to releasing the public BETA of the new Literotica Author Profiles.

If you'd like to have a look at your new Author Profile, please check the following URL:
literotica.com/authors/YourUsernameHere

We got a lot of feedback during the private BETA, and I'm looking forward to hearing more feedback now that everyone can see what we've been working on.

Thank you. :D
I really miss the profile grid, with information like gender, status, fetishes etc. A prettier profile that gives less information is not a win, in my opinion. I do like having the newest first option for the stories list -- that is a major improvement over the original version. However, for the dozens of authors with hundreds of stories, looking for a particular older stories with names starting far down in the alphabet now becomes a becomes a remarkably time-consuming task. Perhaps the alphabetical view could automatically load all stories at once, or alternatively, there could be a user-defined option as to how many stories to load at once. -- Dave K

I agree. The profiles are terrible now. Everything used to be in a grid with the full bio right there. Now The bio is chopped and to see the rest if it you need to scroll down. It's a total step backwards.
It now takes like 5mins to go through silkstockingslover's profile... Can't imagine what would if someone decided to go through Samuelx's.

The new design is prettier, and I do like being able to sort into series by date; it would be nice to sort by genre first and then date. However, the organization of the profile feels harder to find what i want to know.

I did have an embedded picture on my profile which is missing. The throw-away little tiny avatar has instead enlarged and is not something I really want to be the only thing that represents me.

The "Show more" on the bio cuts off at too few lines; most profiles are no more than 12 or so lines long, but you cut them off at only 6 or so. The old one had the bio at the bottom so it didn't need to be cut off at all...
Oh, one other thing I just noticed, I'd like a word count on the list of stories by an author. I don't know what the last thingy on the line is; perhaps a 'hover text' alt tag could describe the icons. I assume the bar graph is supposed to be number of times read. It would be nice to have a word count (or, better, a lit page count) since I like the idea of knowing whether I'm in for a long comfy story or a quick jab of adrenaline, dopamine, and oxytocin ;)...

Sample story list.png

Both the story listing and the favorites/lists could do with a couple of things. Favorites/Lists needs a search bar, for certain. Both then need the ability to limit the search by category. The search alone is highly effective if you remember even a bit of the title or description, but for those searching for something similar they haven't yet read, that category limiter would make the experience far better.

The second thing needed if you're going to have pagination is a drop-down listing all pages. The "more" button just doesn't cut it if you left off reading someone's whole catalog on page 7 and want to get back there for the next story in the list.

( Anywhere that's using the "more" button could honestly use that. Not just the author profiles )

Having experienced extreme frustration when another site went to paginated story lists without even including a basic in-page search, those are the features that made it useable again. ( Their text search still blows goats. I can type the exact title of one of my own stories on my own story list page and it won't necessarily find it. Lit's is far superior. ) I still wish I had the ability to use my browser's find on the entire list for a few things, but those kind of things are rare birds that most users aren't going to ever need.

I have to say, I absolutely hate the change, I's awkward, hard to follow, and way too big to be useful. Is there any way to get the old UI back?

It's not good for authors with lots of stories. When it is in expanded mode, it cuts mine off half way through the list, making it harder to find some stories. The old format showed them all.

Please make it an option to use the old layout like Reddit does. I much prefer it being more compact.

My profile is BROKEN. On my profile page, my latest story, Cuckquean Cruise, shows the NEW tag with NO STATISTICS. Zero, zilch, nada. If you go to the story, the score is 4.81, with 6.8K views, 19 favorites, and 2 comments.

Profiles lag behind, as do some of the things on the control panel. As a matter of face, the stats on the story page may not be accurate day date with changes.
My profile is BROKEN. On my profile page, my latest story, Cuckquean Cruise, shows the NEW tag with NO STATISTICS. Zero, zilch, nada. If you go to the story, the score is 4.81, with 6.8K views, 19 favorites, and 2 comments.

Yea, nothing has been fixed yet. Profiles are very important in chat. There are tons of people in chat going "are they ever going to fix the profiles?" And the rest of us have given up hope.

Patience is a virtue, but it's also often a lost cause. : P

Two suggestions to the literotica team.

1] Like how tags are diverse, may be there is a need to bifurcate stories with the number of words or length of the stories.
Example - 1000 words story, 2k words, 3k words, etc. As few of us prefer only a short story reading and a few of us prefer 25k, 50k words plus stories.
We need this, is there anyways we can do this? In future or near future?
This would help readers to choose a story of their choice easily.

2] Individual comment reply on our stories, if not other stories.
Example - if there is a comment on my story by a reader, is it possible to reply to that particular comment only with a reply? Is this feature here or may happen in future?

Back