New to this Board...With a Gripe

Just-Legal said:
[B
Gauche is Brilliant - and I'm not just saying that to get in his sig line (so to speak). Honest. ;) [/B]

Gauche,

all of a sudden you're our Conrad (From Bye Bye Birdie)
what with all the accolades in your sig line

all together now

We love you Gauchie oh yes we do...

Gauche, I am awed and envious... Can I be your poor wall flower friend that gets your left overs? I'm not picky or particularly particular... I'll even drive the car... and get the beer. And I don't eat much or make many noises... Really I promise.

JJ1

Gauche's sig lines

Yeah, he dumped me for himself. I guess that's just gauche.

Purr :(

Error Page? There MUST be some mistake!

Quasi,

Went to read "Quasimodem's stuff" and got an error page. Must be some mistake damnit... Now I have to do that looking up author thing...

thought you'd like to know....

Availability is a most attractive quality and the demise of many a relationship...

Just an observation...

JJ1

Re: Error Page? There MUST be some mistake!

Just_John1 said:
Availability is a most attractive quality and the demise of many a relationship...
I'm talking about sig lines, what are you guys talking about?

Perdita (Purr only to Gauche)

gauchecritic said:
Eyup Miz. 3 in 1800 isn't actually all that bad. If you consider that something like a third of those views are clickbacks then it's 3 in 1200.

How did you come up with the statistic of 1/3 of the views being clickbacks? Is that just hypothetical, or is it based on some evidence.

I hope that question doesn't sound confrontational, because I don't intend it to be. I'd really love to believe that 2/3 of my views are real readers.

OK, this is my part of the confusion. A quote by me used to be Gauche's sig line, an honour I felt. Then he dumped it at the first sign of flattery and now the poor man can't seem to stop.

Très très gauche.

purrless Purr :(

This gal adores statistics. If they sound realistic, they are believed. What is the saying? Ten percent of people create statistics, the other 90 percent fall for them...

Shrugs,
Wantonica:rose:

KenJames said:
How did you come up with the statistic of 1/3 of the views being clickbacks? Is that just hypothetical, or is it based on some evidence.

I hope that question doesn't sound confrontational, because I don't intend it to be. I'd really love to believe that 2/3 of my views are real readers.

It's purely hypothetical based on one source. Me. I tend to click back on about a 1/3 of the stories I read, for various reasons. It's highly likely to be incorrect, but I consider myself as an 'average' reader so I applied it to everybody regardless. Like you do.

According to surveys approximately 76% of surveys are untrue.

According to science 93% of people are made of water.

Who am I to argue?

Gauche

I have to agree with Gauche.

I click back about 1/3 of the times. Either because I discover the writer has mixed 1st and 2nd person within the first couple of sentences or because the opening of the story is way off base of the description (marked an incest story and starts with how the character is being choked on a gag, etc).

-FF (slosh)

mmm so you guys keep statistics in your head and so forth.
Considering the company I'm amongst I wouldn't be entirely surprised if both of you we're right. I happen to click back way more than that maybe half the time. When I go to new stories I want a story with a GOOD plot and GOOD character development. Both of which I want paired with GOOD grammer and a flow that doesn't bore me. I guess I'm not the average reader though.

The Mrs.

So are we saying guys are looking for something less (or more) in a story here?

-FF (pooling around - but not wanting to upset the Mrs.)

and what about WORK?

How many people are sneaking a peak at LIT from work and have to close a window when the boss or even a coworker walks by? Now I know a lot of folks have other, benign windows open to 'cover', but I bet there are a fair number of views that are the same reader, reopening the same story to finally finish it.

Also, I'm not sure how LIT's servers work, but if your own ISP cache's any webpages you look at, or your 'puter is set to do the same, then when you click back, most of the time, LIT is not going to reload the page and record a new view. (As a rule of thumb, if the click back loads the page exactly as you left it, scrolled to the bottom, for instance, it was 'cached' and not reloaded nor refreshed.)

How you use a web site has a lot to do with how your activity gets recorded. It is very hard to discern accurate information without some pretty heady user logging that has to be done at the point of use.

OnD

I am Sooo Confused

I am so completely confused...

I got lost in statistics and sig. lines

LOL Does this happen often?

Don't fret, pretty Mizz, us tech weinies just like to Therouly discuss the matrix of possible causes for the bastardization of statistical counts that don't mean a hill of bean farts.

There are many dimensions in which your thread may travel before coming to any kind of a useful conclusion - if any.

This is what happens when we run out of stories we like to read.

In the mean time, just keep being erotic and share more of your stories.

-FF (weinying along)

"Guess I'll wind up like I always do,
With only...
Me and my Weinie
Strolling down the avenue.
Me and my Weinie
All alone and feeling blue!"

Last edited:
93%

If 93% of people are made of water the other 7% HAVE to be full of shit... Just an observation... One of two paths... dazzle em with data or baffle em with bullshit. Just another observation.

JJ1

Naw, it's:
93% water retention
2% bullshit
5% full of hot air

Oh, that's politicians.
As for writers, you may be right.

-FF (never politically correct - flunked that exam too)

What is that AV Ffreak? Looks a hell of a lot like Dahli but I don't think I've come across that one before.

Gauche

Happy to oblige, JJ1.

Gauche, it is a Dali - called Archaeological Reminiscence

-FF (always in another dementia)

Back