Numbers Being Rigged.

"Registered: Not Yet
Re: Re: EXXXXXXxxxxxxxxxxxcuseeeee ME.

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by debbiexxx

You're excused. And the correct saying is, knickers in a twist or panties in a bunch.

BTW I peeked, WE wasn't wearing any.

Come on unreg, I get your point. PM or email Laurel
and express your concerns.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No wonder you people are getting only 1's for votes. It may not be so much your writing as it is your BaD AtTtItUdEs. The funny thing is. It is probably all you people voting against each other too.

I guess you are another one whose knickers are in a TWISTER. "

I have a BAD attitude? LMAO. You don't know me very well at all do you? I have a bad reputation around here. I am just a bitch. I get a one for attitude.

:D
And as for my knickers being in a TWISTER? Nope. :) Not all.
I ain't wearing none. It's an unwritten rule at lit. :D

debbiexxx said:
I have a BAD attitude? LMAO. You don't know me very well at all do you? I have a bad reputation around here. I am just a bitch. I get a one for attitude.

:D
And as for my knickers being in a TWISTER? Nope. :) Not all.
I ain't wearing none. It's an unwritten rule at lit. :D [/B]

Bitch...

You told me that you were wearing the ones I sent ya. :mad:

:p :D ;) I :heart: ya,Mrs Debbie!

lovetoread said:

Bitch...

You told me that you were wearing the ones I sent ya. :mad:

:eek: I was but I read the package they came in. Turns out they were edible! :D :devil:

I lub ya too, sweetie. :rose:

Voting

I would be interested in knowing how a poem at #5 on the top 100 list at a 4.54 with only 14 votes and had been there for a few weeks, could fall completely from the list to only a 3.83 with a total of 18 votes, only 4 more votes, overnight.
Talk about a bad case of the "Ones."
Oh well, I guess my poem "Restaining My Love" was just crappy.

Brandy

If I added it up right, you got three 1s and a 2. When you don't have many votes, it's easy to bring down your score with just a few 1s or 2s.
I haven't read your poem, yet. Post a link.

Thanks for posting the link. This poem is not a 1 or a 2. I think most would agree with me on that. So, I assume you got those 1s from some reader that didn't have anything better to do.
It's a good poem, Brandy. The only thing that didn't work for me was the repetition:
I try to do right,
prejudice rules from above,
but, still I must suffer,
restraining my love.
I like it, but the poem is kind of long. And after a while it gets to be too much. I think it may read better to just repeat it at the end of the poem. Just a suggestion.

Wicked Eve

Thanks for your response Wicked Eve and taking the time to explain it to me. At least now, I understand how it works. Perhaps I will give it another try. I'm not a poet by any stretch of the imagination, I just enjoy writing one every now and then.

The Competition

My poems have lately been flying high on the "list." Isn't that thrilling? Well, it is a little, but only to the extent that it gets them read, that it gives someone the the opportunity to connect with something I wrote--as I often do with others' writing. For example, if someone reads my poem about Lester Young, is inspired to listen to his music, and gets something from it, I am delighted. He has been too long forgotten. Aside from that it is all so arbitary. Writing at all is the important thing and where I intend to keep my focus. That works for me, but then I didn't care if I was prom queen either.

(P.S. Not makin' any jokes about my "panties being aslanty.")

;)

twelveoone said:
Interesting, now let me see, if I can get back on as Unregistered
No

The administrator may have required you to register before you can view this page.

Kudos to you, WickedEve and Angeline in this old thread.

twelveoone said:
No

The administrator may have required you to register before you can view this page.

Kudos to you, WickedEve and Angeline in this old thread.

i've seen threads started by smithpeter (though it said "unregistered") - he made it clear it was him - so i know there is a way to do it...or was a way at one time.

edited to add: if you look at page one of this thread, it says "Guest" under "Unregistered."

PatCarrington said:
i've seen threads started by smithpeter (though it said "unregistered") - he made it clear it was him - so i know there is a way to do it...or was a way at one time.

edited to add: if you look at page one of this thread, it says "Guest" under "Unregistered."
At one time you didn't have to register to use the board. We had many Unregistered posters back then. You could even use an unregistered name and change your name with each post if you wanted to. It's like the wild west back then.

WickedEve said:
At one time you didn't have to register to use the board. We had many Unregistered posters back then. You could even use an unregistered name and change your name with each post if you wanted to. It's like the wild west back then.

Do I detect the desire for a gun fight in the air? :D

WickedEve said:
It's like the wild west back then.

and it's not now?

we got a burial going on boot hill, and the last time i saw an ass as wild as yours was in Tombstone.

going throught the boneyard, it is a shame WickedEve's AV always shows the current one, it is a good thing I saved them all as JPEGs. I was thinking of publishing them, like baseball cards, ya know stats on the back, a short poem.
Chewing gum

twelveoone said:
going throught the boneyard, it is a shame WickedEve's AV always shows the current one, it is a good thing I saved them all as JPEGs. I was thinking of publishing them, like baseball cards, ya know stats on the back, a short poem.
Chewing gum

i'll order a case.

twelveoone said:
Chewing gum
Oh god, don't save the vulgar ass av. It's not really meant for the poetry board. I'm using it for other reasons right now. Kind of like fishing lure.

WickedEve said:
Oh god, don't save the vulgar ass av. It's not really meant for the poetry board. I'm using it for other reasons right now. Kind of like fishing lure.
Is that the time you mooned me? That is #347, in a series of 500.

WickedEve said:

well, you either better be prepared for what's comin' down the dirt road right now or get all those sticks ready.

.....hear them?

sounds like a cattle drive gone wrong to me.

Back