Offend-O-Metering: U.K. vs. States

Re: July 1

perdita said:
Happy Canada Day

to the northern most Lit-American Maple Leaf Lovers.

your neighbor, Perdita

watch who you call American sweetie:D

Re: Re: July 1

sirhugs said:
watch who you call American sweetie:D
Hugsalot: I was trying to be geographically correct and inclusive. Though it's not generally recognized byU.S. Amerikans, there's plenty of land and peoples included in what's labeled North and South America on a globe.

makeup kiss? :kiss:

Purr

Re: Re: Re: July 1

perdita said:
Hugsalot: I was trying to be geographically correct and inclusive. Though it's not generally recognized byU.S. Amerikans, there's plenty of land and peoples included in what's labeled North and South America on a globe.

makeup kiss? :kiss:

Purr

why would I want to kiss your makeup?

or did you read

Gender Blender and think I'd be the one wearing the makeup?

That is one of the few stories I wrote where the male lead is most unlike me. It all began with an innocent comment on Story Ideas. Next thing I knew, the gals dares me. well... I had to write it then. 4.44 current score means it turned out ok too, although it was over 4.5 for the longest time....

Re: Re: Re: Re: July 1

sirhugs said:
why would I want to kiss your makeup?
Symantics is a turn off, Knaughty, but I'll read your story and even give good feedback.

Here's an unadulterated smooch :kiss:

July 4 tribute

again from "Forgotten English" by J. Kacirk:

John Farmer's Americanisms Old and New (1989) described one District of Columbia watering hole used by [19th c.] politicians, the Hole in the Wall, whose name has survived proverbially into modern times: "A resort in Washington of bibulously inclined members of Congress. At one time, it became necessary to prohibit guzzling at the capitol, and the Hole in the Wall nearby furnished thirsty souls with a convenient trysting place."

Back