On continuing where other authors left off...

In the Catholic Church. You can have a married couple (even one with children) decide to more perfectly serve their maker by the husband becoming a brother and the wife a sister in their dotage old age.

So, no, not all Catholic nuns have to be virgins.

Em
Thank you, I see I missed some details by pretty much quitting it around 1968.

This is just more proof that humanity has become nothing more than a disease riddled cum stain on this beautiful planet.

It's not difficult. If you do not have explicit permission from the original author, you do not write or post it. PERIOD. END OF STORY.

I've emailed a few OPs about stories and never heard back, so I didn't write or post my ideas.

I've put on my profile that NOBODY has permission to do so with my work, unless they ask.

If I deem someone worthy, I will post here in AH that "said person" has my permission. They must provide a link to my original story and give credit as well.

I think that is all just common courtesy and respect.

This is just more proof that humanity has become nothing more than a disease riddled cum stain on this beautiful planet.

It's not difficult. If you do not have explicit permission from the original author, you do not write or post it. PERIOD. END OF STORY.

I've emailed a few OPs about stories and never heard back, so I didn't write or post my ideas.

I've put on my profile that NOBODY has permission to do so with my work, unless they ask.

If I deem someone worthy, I will post here in AH that "said person" has my permission. They must provide a link to my original story and give credit as well.

I think that is all just common courtesy and respect.
Well don't post it, anyway. You can write anything you want and keep it in your drawer.

By allowing people to post rewrites of writers work. There is a story in Lit. "February sucks" It has 107 alternate versions. The first few at least sought permission. 90% didn't.
Lit allows posts of alternate versions that clearly state in the preamble, that they did not receive permission.

A version of one of my stories was targeted by a plagiarist. Thankfully, once I complained. Lit removed the story immediately. For that I am grateful. I didn't see the alternate version. If one of my friends hadn't seen it. I would be none the wiser.

Cagivagurl.
He has given permission in his bio as long as you credit him. BTW LOVE some of your stories.

Back