Open Mic Poetry Readings

annaswirls said:
sounds like him

He wrote one specifically for me to read when I used to go Monday nights downtown about me reading lol! We talked about speaker phoning but I always called until afterwards and read them for him then.

It was cool sharing his work with strangers. He seemed to dig it, I did it a couple of times. Couldn't convince him to do one, there was some sort of festival coming to his area over the summer. He was thinking about it. The one he sent some for for me to read, he told me to fold them in my pocket and not read them until it was my turn. Thank God I got there and the reading had been postponed, I would have died of embarassment! I have not been back down there since June.

He will be looking at the top of your head from his glass bottom boat (or glass bottom canoe) and will be so proud of you :)

You will do great Ange. You know my favorite of your poems is your one with coffee. It is about relationships. I don't remember the title, but it might be cool to read at Borders. Wish I could be there to see you too--let us know how it goes!

I did a bunch at our bookstore a couple of years ago, the crowd will be kind, they will love you, it will most likely be small, poets and their loved ones.

I will be thinking of you

~anna:rose:

Thank you sweety. The poem is Coffee Clouds at Dawn. I hadn't thought of it, but it's a good choice.

:rose:

What is the date of the event? I want to cross my fingers, squeeze my eyes shut and push good thoughts your way! You'll know I'm thinking of you when a paper cup inexplicably tips over on a table near the door.

Angeline said:
Has anyone done this? There's one near me in a few weeks, and I think I'm gonna go for it.

Got any advice? What should I read? Tath, can you drive up and hold my hand? I'm nervous--I know I have no reason to be, but I'm a neurotic girl.

I'm a reader, not a rapper or slammer. Is that good or not? (It's at a bookstore, so it ain't exactly performance art).

Come in here and encourage me.

:)

Don't Ssssssssss ;)

Make sure you choose to read one of your blusey poems at Borders. I think they would fit in that atmosphere for sure.

Good luck!

- neo

BlueskyBeauty said:
the one i just did a few weeks ago was a down and dirty all girls thing for lesbians..i started with straight lies..and ty eve for suggesting i write it..and for helping me end it with a bang
Hey fishy, did you tell those lesbians that a hetero chick helped with the poem? Did you tell them I was cute? :D

Hey, Ange, read the one I love about the dust. I know. I know. I have thing about your dust. :eek:

Re: Re: Open Mic Poetry Readings

neonurotic said:
Don't Ssssssssss ;)

Make sure you choose to read one of your blusey poems at Borders. I think they would fit in that atmosphere for sure.

Good luck!

- neo

I'm coming to your city just to smack you.

:D

Maria2394 said:
Ange!!
this might not be appropriate, but you know how I love sista fista and can just SEE you all dresed up like a preppy Goth, giving it all you got, you go GF, lol :) besta luck, xoxo :heart:

I'm so not goth, lol. I'm more preppy neo-hippie. I'll fit right in with the coffee drinkers.

:kiss:

Last edited:
WickedEve said:
Hey fishy, did you tell those lesbians that a hetero chick helped with the poem? Did you tell them I was cute? :D

Hey, Ange, read the one I love about the dust. I know. I know. I have thing about your dust. :eek:

What dust? I wrote about dust? I think I need to shake my own off and remember it.

Angeline said:
Honey, weren't we all once...

And I remember now--After I Loved You. That dust.
I was never dust--or belly button lint.
That poem may not have enough impact read aloud. Though, many would be able to relate.

I've reconsidered....don't do it.....it'll be a catastrophe.......you'll never write again......you'll be so humiliated.....the laughing stock of Maine...

:rolleyes:

just felt someone had to play :devil: 's advocate....

(can we still be friends?)

tungtied2u said:
I've reconsidered....don't do it.....it'll be a catastrophe.......you'll never write again......you'll be so humiliated.....the laughing stock of Maine...

You *are* the guy I'm about to spend lots of time burning cds for, right?

Angeline said:
You *are* the guy I'm about to spend lots of time burning cds for, right?

a retraction of the offensive post is forthwith posted.......

You are the Goddess of Poetry.......mankind is blessed by the mere possiblity of your utterances falling upon their unworthy ears........:kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

(cd's- yes please...oo oo- and don't forget the Billie and Laura)

tungtied2u said:

if you had said that to me..you'd be on your knees..and don't forget, i know exactly how to bring there:D

tungtied2u said:

You are the Goddess of Poetry.......mankind is blessed by the mere possiblity of your utterances falling upon their unworthy ears........:kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

oh..i see ange knows how too bring you there too;)

tungtied2u said:

snotty bastard.

you think i'm gonna a miss an opportunity to convert another postulant?

:heart:

BlueskyBeauty said:
oh..i see ange knows how too bring you there too;)

Oh, I'm a natural domme, lol. That's what they say when you grow up, lol. Before that I was just bossy.

Angeline said:
Oh, I'm a natural domme, lol. That's what they say when you grow up, lol. Before that I was just bossy.

must be i haven't grown up yet, cuz tt says i'm bossy ..but he's never called me a natural domme:D

Angeline said:
snotty bastard.

you think i'm gonna a miss an opportunity to convert another postulant?

:heart:

bluesky says she sees she's not the only who knows how to bring me to my knees....... :rolleyes:

WickedEve said:

you realize if i had..i'd have to be telling you what their reply would be..which would be something like ..she's gay, she just don't know it yet.

BlueskyBeauty said:
you realize if i had..i'd have to be telling you what their reply would be..which would be something like ..she's gay, she just don't know it yet.

awww i bet you say that to all the girls.

anyway, somebody on this forum has to be straight. well, besides eve, who's y'know straight yet twisted. :p

BlueskyBeauty said:

And they would be saying that because they want me. Everybody wants me. Well, they do! (I even want myself.) Oh, that reminds me of the poem I was going to write. Must go write it before I forget about it again.

Back