Pat Robertson repeals 6th commandment

SeaCat said:
Now wouldn't it be sadly ironic of someone assasinated him? (Sadly because the loss of life is sad, ironic because he called for it on someone else.)

Cat

Now hearing "I don't want start any blaspmeous rumours. But I think God's got a sick sense of humour…"

And now hoping that is the case.

SeaCat said:
Now wouldn't it be sadly ironic of someone assasinated him? (Sadly because the loss of life is sad, ironic because he called for it on someone else.)

Cat

Won't happen.

But the feds has been monitoring this board (it is a liberal board after all) and they'll be knocking on your door any minute now.

:cool: :cool: <---- "Men in Blue"

Kassiana said:
Okay. The word used for kill in Hebrew, some people say, actually means "murder," so ... uh ... can assassination not be murder?

I have talked with people who actually write and read Hebrew, including the ancient forms. The story I get is that the Old Testament was translated from Hebrew to English by people who were really not very good at translating ancient Hebrew. Thus, they translated it as "Thou shalt not kill." The translation makes no sense. The ancient Hebrews were involved in one war after another and they did kill. The correct translation was "Thou shalt not murder."

R. Richard said:
I have talked with people who actually write and read Hebrew, including the ancient forms. The story I get is that the Old Testament was translated from Hebrew to English by people who were really not very good at translating ancient Hebrew. Thus, they translated it as "Thou shalt not kill." The translation makes no sense. The ancient Hebrews were involved in one war after another and they did kill. The correct translation was "Thou shalt not murder."

Who determines what the hell murder is?

sweetsubsarahh said:
You goo, girl!

:cathappy:

LOL - ya ya spelling LOL. All I want to know is why we talk of these things? On a thing about sex? :D ;)

CharleyH said:
LOL - ya ya spelling LOL. All I want to know is why we talk of these things? On a thing about sex? :D ;)

Wait, wait, wait.

This thread has Pat Robertson's name on it.

If we talk about sex, things will catch on fire or something!

Back