Pending Stories

How is people who use Grammarly and people who don't use Grammarly a common theme?
I'm just noticing a lot of people complaining about being rejected for AI say. "I don't use ai..but I use Grammerly for x, y, z."

Those who use Word or let the misspelled gobblygook stay put don't get rejected.

That's all I was saying.

So if I use a document instead of copy/pasting into the lit box, this should work?
I think it's quicker to copy paste into the text box. That's what it's for.

I've had three chapters of my latest story each go live within 36 hours. The first chapter took 48 hours, but that was in the middle of a contest.

I think it's quicker to copy paste into the text box. That's what it's for.

I've had three chapters of my latest story each go live within 36 hours. The first chapter took 48 hours, but that was in the middle of a contest.

This is exactly what I have done.

I now have 7 chapters, all pending still, all now 72 hours on from submission.

This is the fourth time of asking for three of them. Third time of asking for the rest.

All written on notes on the iPad initially. All then put into word. All then put through grammarly and then returned to word for a final edit.

Then copy/pasted into the word box when submitting on this forum.

My original three chapters were rejected for the use of the word “sample” in the title. I still don’t understand this logic but I removed the offending word.

All three then rejected for “use of AI” as have the others.

At this point, it feels like I’m just not wanted for publication here.

That's frustrating, but I don't know the solution. Ultimately though, it must somehow come down to something in content and style, if your work keeps triggering whatever bot or subjective criteria the editor uses.

My recommendation would be, don't use grammarly at all. It's always been rubbish for fiction, even before the current linkage to AI content came along. It's okay for bland, samey business writing, but you don't want that for erotica.

This is exactly what I have done.

This is the fourth time of asking for three of them. Third time of asking for the rest.

All written on notes on the iPad initially. All then put into word. All then put through grammarly and then returned to word for a final edit.

Then copy/pasted into the word box when submitting on this forum.

My original three chapters were rejected for the use of the word “sample” in the title. I still don’t understand this logic but I removed the offending word.

Check out the website recommended by @Candy_Kane54, and let us know if it's helpful.

We don't know how she even determines what she thinks is AI-generated.
Thanks for this, I just ran a few through. The longest ones came out at 7% and the shortest ones 40%, but still human.

What on earth is the cut off point for the Literotica Forum publications?

We don't know how she even determines what she thinks is AI-generated.

So we don’t know the process, or what it’s marked against, the timing to review is entirely random and different person to person, and some get through unscathed and some don’t get through at all.

So we don’t know the process, or what it’s marked against, the timing to review is entirely random and different person to person, and some get through unscathed and some don’t get through at all.
That's the long and short of the situation.

Okay. Last attempt. I will run every paragraph of my story through this and change any sentence it objects too. If that doesn't freaking pass this site, then I just quit.
Half a chapter in, it all says likely human but there is one sentence every other paragraph that "sounds too robotic". I guess I'm just a boring writing.

Half a chapter in, it all says likely human but there is one sentence every other paragraph that "sounds too robotic". I guess I'm just a boring writing.
Same for me, but I resubmitted it anyway :D Honestly, the results seem a little arbitrary, but let's just hope for the best.

True. But this is her website and she can use any criteria she wants.

True. But this is her website and she can use any criteria she wants.
Absolutely true, but it should be consistent, no?

Otherwise we’re just picking on people to publish/not publish which seems to defeat the whole point of it.

I’ve messaged for over two weeks at this point Laurel privately with not a single response, only the rejections and notes attached.

I’m trying to follow the guidelines of the forum, absolutely.

I fear there's a reason the criteria are not publicy known. As soon as people figure out how it is determined if a text written by an A.I., they'll certainly find a way to subvert them and flood the page with generated stories...

I'm not certain about that though, I'm no expert, but it would explain the radio silence regarding the issue.

So I’m now four weeks on from originally submitting some of my chapters, and a week on from the last re-submission.

I’ve reached out to Laurel - politely - via PM multiple times. No answer.

I’ve had stories rejected for use of the word “sample” in the title - which felt like a weird reason to reject, but I accepted this and changed the titles.

Since then I’ve had a blanket rejection across everything I’ve submitted as “AI generated” - all that has happened is they’ve been put through grammarly to fix punctuation issues.

I am going to submit a final new chapter today which will not have had any grammarly content in it, and will see what happens compared to the original chapters, but this feels very much “last chance saloon” as I am pretty fed up of reading how other writers have got works published within two days of upload, repeatedly.

The big difference appears to be they’ve published before, whereas I’m a new writer to the site.

I’ve enjoyed being on the forum, discussing things across the board, but increasingly feel like there’s little point staying if the one thing I want to do - write and publish - is effectively blocked to me.

I can't address all of your comments. But you aren't allowed to publish work intended to drive people from this website to purchase a complete story. You can't publish "Sample" Stories. By using the word Sample in the title, it will draw an immediate automated rejection without anyone looking at the story.
I’ve had stories rejected for use of the word “sample” in the title - which felt like a weird reason to reject, but I accepted this and changed the titles.

I can't address all of your comments. But you aren't allowed to publish work intended to drive people from this website to purchase a complete story. You can't publish "Sample" Stories. By using the word Sample in the title, it will draw an immediate automated rejection without anyone looking at the story.
But as I’ve explained in my notes back to Laurel, that wasn’t the intention, I’m just starting out and sample chapters help to cement where the direction of the writing is going.

Maybe poor choice of words on my part, but that was never my intention.

I'm certain no one saw the notes section. There is some kind of bot that skims the story looking for forbidden content.

So if I use a document instead of copy/pasting into the lit box, this should work?
I think they meant, other-way-around.

If you used the paste box before and it took a long time, then I guess it's a data point in opposition.

I only use the paste box and it's always been <48 hours for me.

Well, you're a first-time author on Lit, and you spammed 7 stories all at once into the submission queue.

First-time authors probably get more scrutiny than known users, and anyone who tries to publish multiple pieces at the same time probably gets lower priority. All that, plus your initial submissions triggered the AI filter somehow, so, submitting four more while already under scrutiny couldn't have helped.

I can't tell what this means. Did they get rejected and re-submitted this many times? Or when you say you've asked this many times, are you just talking about PMing Laurel to see if you can expedite things?

Last edited:
Well, you're a first-time author on Lit, and you spammed 7 stories all at once into the submission queue.

No, I didn’t. I spaced out submissions over a two week period. I have ended up with 7 now in the queue because none of them have been accepted.

First-time authors probably get more scrutiny than known users, and anyone who tries to publish multiple pieces at the same time probably gets lower priority. All that, plus your initial submissions triggered the AI filter somehow, so, submitting four more while already under scrutiny couldn't have helped.

This still feels more like circumstance than anything I am doing here. I’ve chucked virtually everything I have written into Grammarly, I have used the AI checker site and done some sample work on my chapters - it’s coming up negligible or still below the 50% that suggests it’s not entirely human.

I can't tell what this means. Did they get rejected and re-submitted this many times? Or when you say you've asked this many times, are you just talking about PMing Laurel to see if you can expedite things?

To be clear:

All the stories have been rejected multiple times each.

I have personally reached out to laurel via PM (checks PMs) four times in two and a half weeks.

It is less about expediting it and more about understanding how they’ve been rejected and what exactly is making them susceptible to being rejected.

Meanwhile I have seen a load of new stories published of which a few look distinctly more questionable as AI generated content than anything I’ve written.

Feels really hit and miss, with respect, how to get published on here?

I'm certain no one saw the notes section. There is some kind of bot that skims the story looking for forbidden content.
Thanks for this. All the more frustrating when you’ve taken the time to put notes in that you think are being read!

Okay. Last attempt. I will run every paragraph of my story through this and change any sentence it objects too. If that doesn't freaking pass this site, then I just quit.
Have you had any notifications yet?

Back