pic-a-thon II

neonurotic said:

Thank you :) I am getting used to the program-- still have not figured out some tricks, like why sometimes I try to change the text and it comes up as a whole new text box or Rasta layer. eh hem. but it is definately better than what I had been using! Next time it will be easier and so on... it is difficult to move away from what you are used to even if it sucks.

amen.

now I am taking them down, my big old butt up there makes me nervous

Neo and Angeline

Angeline said:
It's very fallish here tonight. :)

I very much enjoyed the poems and recent illustrations you both shared here. thank you so much I am attaching a recent view from Zion I took that is inspiring my lastest work. Love to share the beauty of Utah!
blessings
du lac

Attachments

• Zion valley.jpg
    Zion valley.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
annaswirls said:
Thank you :) I am getting used to the program-- still have not figured out some tricks, like why sometimes I try to change the text and it comes up as a whole new text box or Rasta layer. eh hem. but it is definately better than what I had been using! Next time it will be easier and so on... it is difficult to move away from what you are used to even if it sucks.

amen.

now I am taking them down, my big old butt up there makes me nervous
Use the Arcsoft program for your lettering rather than the Jasc (Paintshop). It doesn't have a seperate box pop-up like Jasc does. Make sure you play with the shadowing too. It makes a big difference.

Or if you'd like, we can IM and I can do a 'how-to' for both programs.

:rose: Let me know. You know where to find me.

neonurotic said:
Use the Arcsoft program for your lettering rather than the Jasc (Paintshop). It doesn't have a seperate box pop-up like Jasc does. Make sure you play with the shadowing too. It makes a big difference.

Or if you'd like, we can IM and I can do a 'how-to' for both programs.

:rose: Let me know. You know where to find me.

ah! I will give that a try-- I have not been able to work the Arcsoft yet. And I prefer to call Jasc "Jason."

I will definately be contacting you for some tutoring.

J

redscape.jpg

I separate your thought from heart,
remove the come hithers
that wiggle
like an end-of-hook beckon.

dissection is no more
than sips of water,
a turn signal at the light.
your horror is outside my
see-hear space.

your head is pillowed
on leaves,
other side of the tree.
And I,

I am but a stone's throw
beyond your trunk, lichenous--
bark, skin,
a scream's crusted torso.

remember childhood's wooden blocks
and how they tumbled,
then stacked, and tumbled?

you will again
drum your fingers,
count the beats,
and clean away all debris.

then we'll be clever
and fuck--one of us
with brilliant understanding.

Last edited:
WickedEve said:

This is brilliant, as is the poem above it. If I didn't like you so much I'd be incredibly jealous of your talent, you wicked artistic beast.

And I love when you write about your family--it's Southern gothic meets The Addams Family. You have such twisted gifts. :D

Angeline said:
This is brilliant, as is the poem above it. If I didn't like you so much I'd be incredibly jealous of your talent, you wicked artistic beast.

And I love when you write about your family--it's Southern gothic meets The Addams Family. You have such twisted gifts. :D
Shoot. I wish you hated me so you could be jealous of my talent. I'd really like that. Then you could send me hate mail and tell me that my talent is so extreme that it's giving you hives. Wouldn't that be a fun? It would be like some sort of poet's soap opera. :D What am I saying? This board is a soap opera. lol
By the way, I saw feather memories a couple of days ago and almost commented but I was so pissed off that I couldn't come up with something like that. See? I can go with the hate! I'm in touch with my poetry/jealous hate!

WickedEve said:
Shoot. I wish you hated me so you could be jealous of my talent. I'd really like that. Then you could send me hate mail and tell me that my talent is so extreme that it's giving you hives. Wouldn't that be a fun? It would be like some sort of poet's soap opera. :D What am I saying? This board is a soap opera. lol
By the way, I saw feather memories a couple of days ago and almost commented but I was so pissed off that I couldn't come up with something like that. See? I can go with the hate! I'm in touch with my poetry/jealous hate!

I didn't think it was so great. The poem was better than the illustration. I wish I had my crummy old Cannon scan software. I could manipulate that so much better than Photoshop.

I am jealous of your talent, but I like you a lot so the jealousy makes me feel guilty. I'm more in touch with my guilt. I've gotten to third base with my guilt. At least.

damn, that redscape is cool and the other is um freaky, the kind you don't take home to mama.

I took this one but have no poem to go along with it.

Lime_kiln_S.JPG

annaswirls said:
damn, that redscape is cool and the other is um freaky, the kind you don't take home to mama.

I took this one but have no poem to go along with it.

Lime_kiln_S.JPG

anna, that circular shape is reminiscent of a 'koru' - part of a native fern that grows here in NZ. the koru shape means 'new life'. it's very beautiful.

meant to say this sooner, very cool photo, Eve, and I love what you have done to manipulate the edges, feels very natural, organic.

so whenya gonna get all yer stuff on line so we kin see it hum?

(not really trying to pressure you, just to remind you- you gots people who are interested)

wildsweetone said:
the more i look at that, the more i like it.

:rose:

Thank you. It's about my sister who died when I was 17. I first wrote the poem on ewopper's thread, but it was Vermeer's painting that you posted that got me thinking of the poem in the first place because the eyes look like her's. So thank you twice. :)

wildsweetone said:
did i tell you lately that i love your poetry?

i do.

we have a mutual admiration society. ;)

i have been playing with illustration again lately. i don't think i'm very good at it--Eve, Neo, Liar, and Lauren are all very talented illustrated poets imo, but it's a fun and relaxing exercise for me.

thanks for the good words, sweet one. :kiss:

Back