Positive impact of chasing that Red H

I did aim for red Hs for my second and third stories here, to see if I could do it (my first was a quick scribble for a friend which I hosted here as the easiest NSFW method). Mission accomplished.

Since then my stories often get one, but the ones that don't, there's usually a clear reason. 750 words is very hard to get good votes with. Group sex isn't a fan of mmf threesomes. Too many fetishes in one story generally makes some readers unhappy. And sometimes, it's simply that I've posted a story when I got bored of editing, and it's either structurally weak or got a bunch of mistakes left in it. It happens.

If anyone pays me, I'll sort those ones out. Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Yeah, I'll live with it.

Shouldn't having 21K followers easily offset a downvote if the story is good?
Understand a percentage of those people probably haven't been active here for years. There's also the fact that a lot of followers are fans of certain categories and not of others and don't follow you everywhere.

The biggest-and saddest-issue is even among followers, not everyone votes. In fact, going by my totals and considering a bunch of comments and votes I get are from anon, I'd say the amount of followers who vote on my stories is low single digits.

I didn't think you were the type to get all worked up about ratings and negative feedback, but if you want the story to be more acceptable to those folks, why not just be honest with them and talk on their level?

For instance, start with a writer's note explaining that the story doesn't necessarily reflect your real-life views; you're just messing around with some fantasies and kinks. If they can see you're not trying to push their buttons, maybe they'll leave the story be. And if that doesn't work, you can always start an interesting discussion about it. :D
I don't get worked up over it if someone doesn't like a story, but its different to know you'll get a beating just because that's how that particular arena is, at that point its not whether the story sucked or not, its just an agenda.

Disclaimers work sometimes, but not there. I think if I said "This is a fictional story, in real life I don't support infidelity" I'd probably get "If you don't like cheating why are you writing about it! Reeee"

Its the kind of crowd you don't win with, but if I decide to post it, I'll just take the lumps and get a few laughs out of the comments.

It doesn't matter to the LW crowd if it is consensual or not. If the woman fucks anyone but their husband, she's a whore and should be shot. If the man lets her or encourages her, he should grow a pair. You can't make them happy if you don't rip the woman up in the story.
But it's not cheating when it's consensual, or is your story not about a willing cuckold?

It doesn't matter to the LW crowd if it is consensual or not. If the woman fucks anyone but their husband, she's a whore and should be shot. If the man lets her or encourages her, he should grow a pair. You can't make them happy if you don't rip the woman up in the story.
This sums it up. My concept of a cuck in some of my stories is the type with the love/hate aspect. He protests, doesn't like when its happening, but when the other guy is done, he's banging his wife's brains out...but like you said, that doesn't matter.

I always wonder if the type that complains about these stories would complain if it were the guy cheating? I'm sure some would, but nowhere near as many.

We need a new category, Loving Husbands, dedicated to the slimball cheating husband all the incels want to be and are so happy those men know how to treat their wives.
This sums it up. My concept of a cuck in some of my stories is the type with the love/hate aspect. He protests, doesn't like when its happening, but when the other guy is done, he's banging his wife's brains out...but like you said, that doesn't matter.

I always wonder if the type that complains about these stories would complain if it were the guy cheating? I'm sure some would, but nowhere near as many.

We need a new category, Loving Husbands, dedicated to the slimball cheating husband all the incels want to be and are so happy those men know how to treat their wives.
Good idea, and at the top of the category they can link a copy of the 1950s Housewives Handbook.

I think if I ever wrote something that received kudos from that faction I'd be ashamed of myself and never write again.

Oh, I've thought of writing about a 1950s story. Vacuuming in heels and pearls while the husband is in the garage getting a blow job by the trap divorcee from across the alley. Then he comes in barking at his wife about dinner not being on the table. :) Those were the good ole days.
Good idea, and at the top of the category they can link a copy of the 1950s Housewives Handbook.

I think if I ever wrote something that received kudos from that faction I'd be ashamed of myself and never write again.

Oh, I've thought of writing about a 1950s story. Vacuuming in heels and pearls while the husband is in the garage getting a blow job by the trap divorcee from across the alley. Then he comes in barking at his wife about dinner not being on the table. :) Those were the good ole days.
Good idea except you left out where he tells his son all about it so he to can grow up to be a real man. But from there the wife hits him over the head with the rolling pin then fucks him in the ass with it and leaves him for the equally disgruntled wife across the street she's been having a lesbian affair with.

Oops, there I go again.

You should write a Halloween contest story about the INCEL Trolls at Midnight. Hey now, that's even the title for you.
Good idea except you left out where he tells his son all about it so he to can grow up to be a real man. But from there the wife hits him over the head with the rolling pin then fucks him in the ass with it and leaves him for the equally disgruntled wife across the street she's been having a lesbian affair with.

Oops, there I go again.

You should write a Halloween contest story about the INCEL Trolls at Midnight. Hey now, that's even the title for you.
No joke....I have an idea for an LW Halloween story "Raise the Dead" Husband kills his wife because he thought she was cheating on him, and before he pulls the trigger he tells her he'd rather go to jail or burn in hell before he'd let another man fuck her.

One year later, he's drinking to her on the anniversary of her mysterious murder with his friends and when he leaves, she pops up in his back seat. Wifey brings him to the cemetery where she raises the dead, transforms them into normal looking men and lets them all fuck her while he's forced to watch. It ends with her telling him that he swerved off the road and died when he hit a pole, and he's now dead and welcome to hell.

Get er done!
No joke....I have an idea for an LW Halloween story "Raise the Dead" Husband kills his wife because he thought she was cheating on him, and before he pulls the trigger he tells her he'd rather go to jail or burn in hell before he'd let another man fuck her.

One year later, he's drinking to her on the anniversary of her mysterious murder with his friends and when he leaves, she pops up in his back seat. Wifey brings him to the cemetery where she raises the dead, transforms them into normal looking men and lets them all fuck her while he's forced to watch. It ends with her telling him that he swerved off the road and died when he hit a pole, and he's now dead and welcome to hell.

Just the synopsis touches the darkness quite well.

Actually, Mary has outlined a Halloween story set in the '50s or '60s, where a black family moves into an exclusive all-white community. And the presence of the lower element causes all hell to break loose. What with the over-sexed subhumans taking over their white neighbors' lives, as the property values plummet, the women become slaves to the power of the BBC, and white men are drawn to the power of black woman and submit to her excited by her angry bitting put-downs and commands.

I'm not sure she'll write it. It's her a hyper-interpretation of all those white fears of the time.
I see it as homage to the old Tales from the Crypt comics and the show inspired by them.

Actually, Mary has outlined a Halloween story set in the '50s or '60s, where a black family moves into an exclusive all-white community. And the presence of the lower element causes all hell to break loose. What with the over-sexed subhumans taking over their white neighbors' lives, as the property values plummet, the women become slaves to the power of the BBC, and white men are drawn to the power of black woman and submit to her excited by her angry bitting put-downs and commands.

I'm not sure she'll write it. It's her a hyper-interpretation of all those white fears of the time.
I'd give it a look regardless.

In spite of my theoretical disagreements with Mary, we're very close to the same genre.

Oh, I get ya. Yeah, she loves her Wollstonecraft gals, both mother and daughter. She's also got a real bug-a-boo about white cheating men and how she wished she'd turned the tables on her first husband. What I mean is she can seriously hold a grudge. She's been married, this go round, 25 years. LOL
About feminism. Wollstonecraft, and all. I don't want to drag the specifics out of the grave.

Oh, I get ya. Yeah, she loves her Wollstonecraft gals, both mother and daughter. She's also got a real bug-a-boo about white cheating men and how she wished she'd turned the tables on her first husband. What I mean is she can seriously hold a grudge. She's been married, this go round, 25 years. LOL
If only she'd gotten the chance. I'd give it to her if I could.

I think I have a cuckold story in me, but based on this feedback, when the day comes I'll put it in fetish.

Well....it sounds like the typical racist trash people eat up here so I'm sure she'll do well.

Back