Positive impact of chasing that Red H

Ah, that explains why 6 of my works are hot and the others are not. Good rating, but not enough.

Well, still not something to chase. Be what it may, I want COMMENTS.
My rule of thumb is one vote per hundred Views, one Comment per thousand. Lit is a feedback lite site. Comments on the whole are rare (unless you write in Loving Wives).

Comments have been on the decline ever since favorites were introduced. Readers prefer to express their approval with a single click rather than attempting to articulate what they enjoyed. With that option available via favorites, comments started fading away.

Comments have been on the decline ever since favorites were introduced. Readers prefer to express their approval with a single click rather than attempting to articulate what they enjoyed. With that option available via favorites, comments started fading away.
Thinking about that, I reckon you're right. And some people want to perpetuate dumbing down with thumbs up/thumbs down. Give me a comment, any day.

Thinking about that, I reckon you're right. And some people want to perpetuate dumbing down with thumbs up/thumbs down. Give me a comment, any day.
Back when I was actively tracking, I could see the the numbers literally flip as people got used to the favorites function being there.

There seems to be a limit to it, though. Last time I looked into it, there's little change between now and when it stabilized several years ago. The number of comments per view hit a bottom and hasn't really declined since.

Write for yourself. Some of my favourite stories that I’ve put on here are ones that were ugly and were never going to be sitting at the popular table. Life is ugly. People are ugly. But they’re here to stroke their feelings. It’s easy to feed that and forget why you’re writing in the first place.

My second book, an editor was paid - nicely I might add - and missed a typo in a chapter heading.

Editors are humans too, not like annon posters here, the ones who are cruel and aren't human. But only the mean ones, the rest are great.
I attended a panel at a writers conference a few years back and one of the pros on the panel was quick to point out that there are typos in agonist every book published, if you look for them.

There is a ten dollar word that describes the human tendency to see what it expects to see. Which makes it easy for typos to sneak by.

I attended a panel at a writers conference a few years back and one of the pros on the panel was quick to point out that there are typos in agonist every book published, if you look for them.

There is a ten dollar word that describes the human tendency to see what it expects to see. Which makes it easy for typos to sneak by.

Anticipation.

Back