Proposal to "The Poets"

Thanks so much Equi. I learned a different appreciation for the tanka form from participating in your class. It's been a pleasure working through these introductions to new formulae fellow poets.

I see a need for Master Classes in Triolet, Pantoum, Prose, Terzanelle, Rubaiyat and so many other more familiar forms. I hope someone steps up but we can always take a short break and wait the shy ones out.

BTW, Sassy, if you want to learn Triolet, why not start a PoBo Form Master Class Series - The Triolet thread? Sometimes the best way to learn a formula is to do the research and write a short essay about it. Share that on the forum and voila! we have a new master class :).

(Just a suggestion, no pressure... really.)

If anyone is going to do Sestina can they do it between the dates of 17th to 24th October please? ........ I won't be here ......

I've really enjoyed trying yours Equinoxe and I suspect you know many more we could try

Thank you. I could probably offer something on a few other forms. I would love to know what insights the participants of this forum can offer, though, and I would certainly like to become more familiar with a variety of forms as well.

Thanks so much Equi. I learned a different appreciation for the tanka form from participating in your class. It's been a pleasure working through these introductions to new formulae fellow poets.

You are quite welcome, and thank you! I have enjoyed the tanka thread and I very much enjoyed your ghazal class, too—I am extraordinarily pleased with how this idea has come into being so far. It is always wonderful to develop greater understanding and skill and to see other people developing an appreciation for different forms and techniques.

Thank you. I could probably offer something on a few other forms. I would love to know what insights the participants of this forum can offer, though, and I would certainly like to become more familiar with a variety of forms as well.

You are quite welcome, and thank you! I have enjoyed the tanka thread and I very much enjoyed your ghazal class, too—I am extraordinarily pleased with how this idea has come into being so far. It is always wonderful to develop greater understanding and skill and to see other people developing an appreciation for different forms and techniques.

Thank you, Equinoxe. Your lesson was thorough and your examples (as well as Senna's annotations) helped me understand the nuance of this lovely form. I wrote a few that I posted as my entry in the 30/30 thread just now. I'm not sure if I got it anywhere near right, but I found it enjoyable to practice the form, which turned out (for me) more accessible than I expected it to be.

I'll leave the thread stuck until tomorrow morning. And tomorrow, I'll put up a poll listing some other forms to try to get a sense of what other forms people want to discuss. I noticed the triolet mentioned and we still haven't tackled the terzanelle. I'd love to do a class on dramatic monologue (one of my favorite forms), but we'll see if there's any interest in that.

Thanks again. It really is a delight to have you here sharing your knowledge with the forum. :)

Thank You!

I appreciate the two very different, very interesting forms we've done so far. The great minds who came up with the idea, and you incredible Ghazal and Tanka gurus opened a beautiful door. The concepts were clearly identified, comments and guidance thoughtful and on-target. Your great supply of patience and tact were also appreciated.

And thanks for the feedback on my posts!

While I've written poetry for many, many years, my structure, syntax, symbolism, etc., have been intuitive and image-driven. Many things we do in life "work ok" like this, but at times, I know there's something missing, or a better way to express my thoughts.

In early Ghazal info exchanges, various posters identified their favorite forms. I'd be interested in whichever, and in whatever order, the next Master Teachers can do them.

Only one other person besides SweetCheeks knows I write and publish Literotica -- my dearest friend who lives halfway across the world. I'm giggling about this Master Class in Poetry we're doing. I'm joining a local poetry critique group as soon as they have an opening; many of the members have been published and think they're hot stuff. I think I'll just smile and say, "Yes, I've studied with some Master Poets" and be coy about the where and how ...

Love it!

Goddess Nyx

ps -- I'm going to be heavily involved in an all week (ten days, actually) online FREE writer's conference starting at the end of next week, running through Oct. 20, so I know I won't be following this Board except occasionally to check in. At another time, if anyone is interested in details for next year's conference, I'll be happy to tell you about it. This is the third year, and we'll be in real-time chats and forum workshops. Right now, I'm telling myself I can actually handle over forty topics, each with assignments -- as long as I have a good supply of chocolate, pretzels, other non-messy snacks, and lots of caffeine. A big glass of brandy helped knock me out enough last year to get three or four hours of sleep a night...

Last edited:
Thank you, Equinoxe. Your lesson was thorough and your examples (as well as Senna's annotations) helped me understand the nuance of this lovely form. I wrote a few that I posted as my entry in the 30/30 thread just now. I'm not sure if I got it anywhere near right, but I found it enjoyable to practice the form, which turned out (for me) more accessible than I expected it to be.

I'll leave the thread stuck until tomorrow morning. And tomorrow, I'll put up a poll listing some other forms to try to get a sense of what other forms people want to discuss. I noticed the triolet mentioned and we still haven't tackled the terzanelle. I'd love to do a class on dramatic monologue (one of my favorite forms), but we'll see if there's any interest in that.

Thanks again. It really is a delight to have you here sharing your knowledge with the forum. :)

Dramatic monologue? That sounds interesting pleaaaaaaase don't do it while I am away!!

Ba-Bump!

If this thread is ongoing, I'd be glad to help and/or participate! I think we started to do something like this a couple of times long ago. Didn't I write a how to for Sonnets? Hmmm...

Let me know.
- Judo

Ba-Bump!

If this thread is ongoing, I'd be glad to help and/or participate! I think we started to do something like this a couple of times long ago. Didn't I write a how to for Sonnets? Hmmm...

Let me know.
- Judo
If you would commit to starting a thread on sonnet construction, I would commit to trying to write one.

Now, I want to go find the one I wrote and start that Sonnet thread. Give me a minute.

Ba-Bump!

Let me know.
- Judo

You did. You taught me how to write em, mami. :)

I'd love to do a class on dramatic monologue (one of my favorite forms), but we'll see if there's any interest in that.

Dramatic monologue? That sounds interesting pleaaaaaaase don't do it while I am away!!

I'd be interested in dramatic monologue, also. I just got a book of monologues to look over from the library.:)

I like to try to write in different characters, but i could use more practice and ideas on how to go about it.:)

where was I when this started? Some island in Never Never Land, I'm sure. Eye is tired tonight so I'll have to read this all tomorrow but I hope its still going on.

Back