Publishing

Re: How to have poems removed from Literotica.

Cloudbrst9 said:
Help please. I've lurked here for some time, and this has interested me. I am looking to possibly post some poems on a site that may not allow them if they are posted elsewhere, like Literotica. I've tried to get Literotica to "Pull," remove, some of my poems, but I've gotten no answers to my three emails so far, and the poems haven't been removed. How does one do this? Any help in this would be appreciated. Also, is it normal for Literotica to not answer emails? Very curious about this.

cb9

I'm reminded of the George Harrison law suit of the early 70's, wherein he basically was sued for using cords older than all of us combined.

In affect, how much reworking would have to be done in order to meet the requirements of such a clause? (lawyers? anyone...anyone...bueler?)

Likewise, why assume that what you have written, as good as it is, is the only good thing you're capable of? If they don't want whats already viewed, consider it a challenge to write anew!

BTW, Welcome, Cloud...hope you stick around :)

HomerPindar

Publishers

Poets--

There are plenty of fledging publications to submit to in order to get your feet wet. Yes, Lotus is one place. Many publishers cannot not pay for submissions, but many offer copy and all are providing you exposure. As Angeline said, it is a good idea to get the recommendations from those who have been published. Here's my short list:

www.mipoesias.com

eclectic, contemporary good place for building your confidence and they get high traffic.

http://www.tryst3.com/

solid content. professional layout. yeah, the editor is a friend of mine

http://www.triplopia.com/

great editors. quality content. modern poetry, leans towards traditional styles, but the contributors are diverse in themes and styles

There are so many places. Good idea to read an issue to get a feel for what editors are looking for. Decide if you think you want to be there and if your work mirrors the theme and standards presented in the publication.

Do pay attention to terms of copyright. Some publishers will ask for exclusive rights for that issue or longer. Some will not accept works simultaneously submitted elsewhere. Others will not publish previously published works.

Wherever you submit your work, be sure it is the best draft you have. Obvious errors such as grammar and spelling will keep you from even making it into the consideration pile. You'll need to include your copyright name and date. Don't submit under usernames. Publications are not message boards. Submitting under the name of "toohotforyou" will likely get your email blocked from submitting in the future.

Good luck.

daughter

p.s. Lotus Blooms has a new updated submission call page. Descriptions for our next two issues are posted for your review. We do not pay, but we do award collections depending on our resources during an issue. I currently have copies of another publication and I am willing to share their current submission call information with you.

Back