Rating AH authors

Re: Question

Angusthe bull said:
On the basis of the only silly question is the unasked one. What does AH mean please?

Author's Hangout. ;)

Many people ask this question, and us that have been here a while often forget that, when first seeing the acronym, others don't get what we mean.

Lou :rose:

Re: Question

Angusthe bull said:
On the basis of the only silly question is the unasked one. What does AH mean please?

Always Heady.

The authors who make the readers feel like they're getting drunk slowwwlllyyyy...

AH or not AH

As with any group for any purpose, there rises to the top, whether for leadership, or otherwise, a group of individuals that will always be involved in whatever they do.

Same goes for AH. Note that we have a recognized group of authority figures, the ones that participate in voting, providing feedback, and more.

This group through group norms, sets a standard for others to achieve, and sets our goals for quality, grammar, spelling, etc. I hope to be recognized, over time with this group.

It does have an impact on the voting. Recognized names, and authors with other works we have all read, impacts us in the voting process. More importantly, we will select these authors over another unknowns because of our faith in their ability and knowledge that we will be entertained.

I tip my hat to this group of AH authors, and appreciate your comments, feedback, and communications.

Mtn

Re: oh my God!!!

damppanties said:
Did you all mean Author's Hangout when you replied? :eek:

Yes, we did. But to be honest I don't vote differently from AH authors than I do with other authors as I vote on the story itself. And to be honest, I don't really understand the bias that some here take in their voting process, but that's their baggage, not mine.

DS

Last edited:
I hardly ever know who has written the story I'm reading, until I have already finished it, and go "Oh! So MathGirl/Chicklet/Perdita wrote that story???"

Do I have certain expectations? Yes, I do.

I feel that when I converse with someone regularly I know them, I know their style, I know that they know how to spell. I know that they have opinions on certain things about stories, and so when I read their stories I tend to judge them on that, rather than when I read a new story.

I never back-click on an AH author and I always send feedback, because I respect the people I converse with regularly and I think that they deserve the praise, but when it comes time to vote, I think I'm a little harsher as well.

If I know the AH author can do better, I vote as such.

Honestly I hope that people do the same for me, because I know I've improved since my first story. When a story I know isn't as good as another is getting a better rating, it irritates me, so I vote as honestly as I can, even if it's a little harsher than if I were reading a strangers work.

Chicklet

Back