Re-naming a submissive/slave

My Daddy has a different name when e is female-identified (very rare these days), does that count? I usually use "Mistress" instead of "Mommy" in those situations. (Come to think of it, that hasn't happened in about three years.)

When I was a boi I was Ed.

I hated being "Ed" I'm so not an "Ed."

But the boi doesn't get to pick.

Early in our relationship sir chose a name for me. It seemed right to him and it makes me feel treasured and special to be called by that name. If I didn't like it I know he would understand that....but I love it.

Master calls me His pet...His perfect little slave...this is enough for me...should He ever choose to give me the gift of a name simply from Him i would love it...i would never refuse Master...

:heart: His pet :heart:

Up until a year ago i didnt even have any idea that some subs were renamed. Then i had an experience between my Master (whom i've been released from since due to issues with out distance) and our Mentor.

We has a small spat over something and i went to our Mentor.

the Mentor misunderstood me and thought my problem was with my Master changing my name

Needless to say, when we all got together to discuss it, i was very confused, and my Master was too!

While that wasn't the argument we were having, i don't think i could ever disassociate myself with the name i've carried my entire life. i think the name that i have is exotic and beautiful in its own right, and what it means is very fitting of a submissive anyway. i suppose for some, though, it's a journey to be taken!

Like etoile, He calls me names (ones that I love... slut, cunt, etc.) but He never renamed me.

And frankly, it's not something I ever wanted. It reminds me of John Proctor in The Crucible:

Because it is my name! Because I cannot have another in my life! ... How may I live without my name? I have given you my soul; leave me my name!

In fact, I've had this quote on my sig-line on occassion.

(an off-topic note: In my opinion, the only thing in life that really can't ever be taken from you is a 'good' name.)

Back