Rybka/Reltne has passed away

Angeline said:
Yes my dear lady he wrote it. I remember when he did. We were both getting into illustrated poems then and I recall we talked about it. It is characteristically modest of him not to tell you he did it. It's a beautiful piece of work, isn't it?
I'm glad I asked about it. Now it can be displayed in wso's compilation of Rybka's work. :rose:

Rybka showed me that poem but told me it was written by someone else (he gave me the name). i've looked on here at Lit and cannot find the submission page for the person he told me wrote it, which made me think it was not written by him. he said it was written by 'Texas Mermaid'. it's possible it was another of his alts, but i cannot prove it. if anyone knows anything about Texas Mermaid, i'd be grateful to hear. (of course, it's also possible i'm too thickheaded at the moment to be able to find it. :eek: )

:rose:

I wish I had known him. My sympathies to the community for your loss.

Last edited:
neonurotic said:
I'm glad I asked about it. Now it can be displayed in wso's compilation of Rybka's work. :rose:

Yep, I'm really glad his other poems will be gathered somewhere. He wrote this wonderful jazz piece about seeing someone in Washington DC. Maybe Gerry Mulligan. I forget who. But it's a marvelous poem. The thought of never seeing it again saddens me. Having Doug's poems so accessible is a real gift.

wildsweetone said:
Rybka showed me that poem but told me it was written by someone else (he gave me the name). i've looked on here at Lit and cannot find the submission page for the person he told me wrote it, which made me think it was not written by him. he said it was written by 'Texas Mermaid'. it's possible it was another of his alts, but i cannot prove it. if anyone knows anything about Texas Mermaid, i'd be grateful to hear. (of course, it's also possible i'm too thickheaded at the moment to be able to find it. :eek: )

Now that you mention it I recall her. I always thought he got the idea from her, but he wrote the poem. I am absolutely sure the illustration is his. It may have been a collaboration although Texas Mermaid is not someone I remember ever being here, and Rybby and I came here at almost the same time. Maybe it's an alt for someone.

I am sorry to hear of Rybka's passing away. His skilled words and gentle presence will be sorely missed. I am sorry I never let him know how much I appreciated and enjoyed his humor and positive approach.

rip, rybka

oh rybka why

where have you gone
in your dream
up high
in a random spin​
kak zhal'
now
you play with
abudant colors
so radiant​
and heavenly format
free of bugs​

be good rybka

so sad

Wlodek

Last edited:
Rybka

another leaf lets go
teased by the gentle breeze
seduced by the bright sunlight

it sails and shines
peculiar to itself
in line, form and size

brilliant color
fiery splendor
a marvel to behold

in it's too brief flight
as autumn once more takes
it's inevitable toll

Angeline said:
Maybe Evie can put up a link to his poetry at her site (if she still has the site active). Rybka, like many of us here, took down poems from Lit from time to time because he was publishing them elsewhere. I'd love to reread some of his other work. He had some wonderful jazz poetry, for example, that doesn't exist here at Lit anymore.
I was just on the habit forum. I was about to open it to guests, since Rybka has so much work there. Then I remembered one thing some of the members wanted, not sure about Fish, though. They really liked the privacy and having only approved members allowed access to the forum. Member registration has been reactivated. So if anyone wants to do a simple sign up, you're free to do so. And... no, this isn't an attempt to get members. lol Honestly, the forum isn't very active. I think WSO and Rybka were the only two using it anymore. I basically use the lit forum.

I have poetry and images that Rybka sent eve's habit over the years -- maybe the last 5 years or so. I even reopened the habit one time because he wanted a place for his work -- a place where he could have a say in how it was displayed. He even encouraged me for years to start a forum. I'm glad the Fish got some use out of it and left some his fine work there. I do have a lot of his work on my hard drive. I saved all my eve's habit site files. I'll have to dig up his poems and images and put them back on the site for him. WSO, I'll send a link once I get them together so you can see if there's anything you don't have.

WickedEve said:
I was just on the habit forum. I was about to open it to guests, since Rybka has so much work there. Then I remembered one thing some of the members wanted, not sure about Fish, though. They really liked the privacy and having only approved members allowed access to the forum. Member registration has been reactivated. So if anyone wants to do a simple sign up, you're free to do so. And... no, this isn't an attempt to get members. lol Honestly, the forum isn't very active. I think WSO and Rybka were the only two using it anymore. I basically use the lit forum.

I have poetry and images that Rybka sent eve's habit over the years -- maybe the last 5 years or so. I even reopened the habit one time because he wanted a place for his work -- a place where he could have a say in how it was displayed. He even encouraged me for years to start a forum. I'm glad the Fish got some use out of it and left some his fine work there. I do have a lot of his work on my hard drive. I saved all my eve's habit site files. I'll have to dig up his poems and images and put them back on the site for him. WSO, I'll send a link once I get them together so you can see if there's anything you don't have.

Eve, do you have a link to the forum? Yes, I know that I of all people should still have mine, but I got a new computer and blah blah blah.

If I google Eve's Habit that link only goes to the poetry hub.

Senna's poem made me very sad. It's hard to see people come into this thread, knowing they just saw the news. I'm about to email Boo Merengue. She'll be very saddened by the news. Sigh.

Angeline said:
Eve, do you have a link to the forum? Yes, I know that I of all people should still have mine, but I got a new computer and blah blah blah.

If I google Eve's Habit that link only goes to the poetry hub.

Senna's poem made me very sad. It's hard to see people come into this thread, knowing they just saw the news. I'm about to email Boo Merengue. She'll be very saddened by the news. Sigh.
habit forum
I just thought of someone I need to email. Flyguy. I'm sure there are others.

WickedEve said:
habit forum
I just thought of someone I need to email. Flyguy. I'm sure there are others.

Thanks Eve.

To anyone who is new here and unfamiliar with the forum at Eve's Habit, I encourage you to register so you can check out Rybka's work there. He preferred writing non-erotic poetry and wanted to work on it at a site that wasn't so geared to erotica. I guess that's the best way to put it. If I'm wrong, someone correct me. For that reason, I'd rather not repost his work from elsewhere here. I think that's the way he'd prefer it.

So if you want to read more of him, register and just wade through the threads there. It's mainly Rybka and WSO posting, although you'll see some other familiar names there. :)

If you need moderator approval to register (I'm pretty sure we set it up that way), pm me here and I'll take care of it. I'm a moderator there, too.

Angeline said:
Thanks Eve.

To anyone who is new here and unfamiliar with the forum at Eve's Habit, I encourage you to register so you can check out Rybka's work there. He preferred writing non-erotic poetry and wanted to work on it at a site that wasn't so geared to erotica. I guess that's the best way to put it. If I'm wrong, someone correct me. For that reason, I'd rather not repost his work from elsewhere here. I think that's the way he'd prefer it.

So if you want to read more of him, register and just wade through the threads there. It's mainly Rybka and WSO posting, although you'll see some other familiar names there. :)

If you need moderator approval to register (I'm pretty sure we set it up that way), pm me here and I'll take care of it. I'm a moderator there, too.

You're an Administrator. I just had wso and fish as the mods since we rarely visited. But your admin status let's you do anything and everything there. I added a little note to the forum news there. You may want to add more to it if you get a chance.

Take the mountains. Take the trees.
I'll let them go when I have gone.
My eyes preferred your eyes to see,
Preferred your smile to smile upon.

Last edited:
I'm really glad you put that link up again Eve - I had lost mine plus my password so I just went back with a new p.w.and lurked. I found some new-to-me poems Rybka left in there. Thanks.

FifthFlower said:
Take the mountains. Take the trees.
I'll let them go when I have gone.
My eyes preferred your eyes to see,
Preferred your smile to smile upon.

There are some really lovely tributes in this threads. And knowing Rybka as I did, he'd be touched but would post a Frank Zappa lyric in response. He was very sweet but had a wicked sense of humor. :)

WickedEve said:

thank you

2113642_a994bf242a_o.jpg

Through his love and knowledge of birds he found this lovely picture and used it to inspire a poem which, alas, has disappeared. We has a long lasting discussion as to whether or not it is created with photoshop. We both decided it didn't really matter.

Tristesse2 said:
2113642_a994bf242a_o.jpg

Through his love and knowledge of birds he found this lovely picture and used it to inspire a poem which, alas, has disappeared. We has a long lasting discussion as to whether or not it is created with photoshop. We both decided it didn't really matter.

i have the poem safe Tess. it is not lost.

I had no idea they were one and the same.
Rybka was a good consistent reviewer, wrote excellent poetry, a real loss for Literotica.

Reltne was a pain in the ass. Which means I probably liked him more, in a way. A damn good commenter.

Death happens, those who are left feel it, I wish I had the talent of Auden to express it as he did with Yeats.

Death brings grief for the living and I feel sad right now. Casual acquaintances that one wishes had not been quite so casual. Not knowing what you are missing until you no longer have a chance to have it.

Thsi morning in my newspaper I found a quote that made me think of Rybka and I thought it might amuse our favourite fish:

"Poetry is like fish: if it's fresh, it's good; if it's stale it's bad; and if you're not certain, try it on the cat."

-Osbert Sitwell

It seems that I am too late.

A fish, wearing fresh white angel wings, walks into the Metaphoric Bar and Grill and is immediately offered his favourite beverage - draft beer with olives.

"Damn! I must have died and gone to heaven." he tells the bartender...

<fade to black ... before the punch line>

Back