Same Title Challenge - Wasted

signed in so far...

Lauren Hynde,
Liar,
champagne1982,
annaswirls, (consider this a reminder! :D )
BooMerengue,
Remec,
Jennifer C,
BrinkOfDoom,
neonurotic,
Miss Oatlash,
bogusbrig,
echoes_s,
Tzara

Creeping up slowly...

Step right up and sign in, we're having a ball!

:D

Thinking time's up for you two, YOU'RE NABBED AND IN! *grin* :kiss: :kiss:

Lauren Hynde,
Liar,
champagne1982,
annaswirls, (consider this Reminder 2! ;) )
BooMerengue,
Remec,
Jennifer C,
BrinkOfDoom,
neonurotic,
Miss Oatlash,
bogusbrig,
echoes_s,
Tzara,
The_Fool,
PatCarrington

I'm sure there are more poets lurking about... Feel free to jump right in and sign up! It's all fun and exciting. Please, come and share your work!

:rose:

Last edited:
Hope those minds are churning and stirring words and phrases in great cauldrons out there... fires aren't just for heating toads and newt eyes.

Double dad gum it...

I have so much studying to do, Monday and Wednesday will be full days for me... and yet, I know this will be on my mind. Count me in, though I may be late with mine. I promise I will not look at anyone else's stuff.

Remec! You cad! :D I wasn't expecting that you would post "can't". Solid title, dyood.

wildsweetone said:
Hope those minds are churning and stirring words and phrases in great cauldrons out there... fires aren't just for heating toads and newt eyes.

Fires also cook seafood as we digest the day in evening's lounge. Shit,
another Sunday sinks below the horizon, wasted. No wait. The day was
cool, I'm just gone. ;)

Lauren Hynde,
Liar,
champagne1982,
annaswirls, (consider this Reminder 3! )
BooMerengue,
Remec,
Jennifer C,
BrinkOfDoom,
neonurotic,
Miss Oatlash,
bogusbrig,
echoes_s,
Tzara,
The_Fool,
PatCarrington
sandspike :D

mmm yummy seafood!!! i'll be right over. :D glad you joined the challenge sandspike. posting day is the 31st August. :rose:

Lauren Hynde,
Liar,
champagne1982,
annaswirls, (consider this Reminder 4! )
BooMerengue,
Remec,
Jennifer C,
BrinkOfDoom,
neonurotic,
Miss Oatlash,
bogusbrig,
echoes_s,
Tzara,
The_Fool,
PatCarrington
sandspike
average_gina (sorry, i missed you in the last counting)

Not long to go folks! I hope you've got those first drafts out! I have. :D And I'm not telling you how many times I've looked at it. lol

Anybody else want to join in? Step right up and be tagged! You've a few days before you have to post your poem here. :D

Do I have ta bribe ya?

:)

wildsweetone said:
...average_gina (sorry, i missed you in the last counting)

Not sure if I will be able to participate.

Just an fyi, I live about 200-250 miles from the Mississippi Gulf Coast and Katrina is showing up here. Katrina is making my lights flash. My connection is not even staying on long. (That's it, dad gum it... I'm getting cable.) My prayers to anyone that is being affected. We are hearing that Katrina is making Camille look tame.

wildsweetone said:
keep safe dear.

and save all your work to disc or cd.

Oh my goodness, what a fantastic idea! I nearly forgot about that! Doing that now!

Thanks! :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana:

Wasn't sure

If I had time or an idea..but, today I had a bit of time to waste..so am in too..thanks
for inspiring... :eek:

Lauren Hynde,
Liar,
champagne1982,
annaswirls, (consider this Reminder 5! )
BooMerengue,
Remec,
Jennifer C,
BrinkOfDoom,
neonurotic,
Miss Oatlash,
bogusbrig,
echoes_s,
Tzara,
The_Fool,
PatCarrington,
sandspike,
average_gina,
bluerains - welcome to the challenge :)

Not long to go now everyone. Posting in here on 31st August - your time. lol

Talk about exciting! I can't wait to see everyone's work!

now if only this one verse would not look soooo cliched! grrr

I'm in... trying to write one.. It will probably suck, but I'll do it anyways.

Lauren Hynde,
Liar,
champagne1982,
annaswirls, (consider this Reminder 6! )
BooMerengue,
Remec,
Jennifer C,
BrinkOfDoom,
neonurotic,
Miss Oatlash,
bogusbrig,
echoes_s,
Tzara,
The_Fool,
PatCarrington,
sandspike,
average_gina,
bluerains,
tolyk - hey! nice to see you dear! and don't worry, sucking is allowed if needed :D

the idea is to pick up your tools and write, write, write. the reason? enjoyment!

Have fun!

rats this verse just won't do what i want it to do. in the end it will succumb. *grin*

How's this so far... First draft... Nice to see you again too WSO

We started off grand,
love was all around.
Things began to settle,
become routine.
Passion faded and the true tests began.

Together we stood through
Years of hardships.
Hours spent just talking
through our troubles.

Only the happy memories
holding us together

Memories faded away
left with brutal reality
nothing left holding

Reconsile? We ask
Reconsile what?
Nothing left, all washed away

Why must it all of been
wasted?

interesting first draft that has great potential tolyk! you wrote that just today? blimey, i've been playing with mine for ohhhh i don't know how long! *gulp* i may have to rewrite! :confused:

wildsweetone said:
interesting first draft that has great potential tolyk! you wrote that just today? blimey, i've been playing with mine for ohhhh i don't know how long! *gulp* i may have to rewrite! :confused:
Actually... I started writing it the moment I posted my "I'm in" post..

I cannot apologize and I cannot stop myself from using magenta. it makes me feel like a rebel. or I guess a pseudo rebel from the 80's. at a psychedelic furs concert

talk about wasted

wildsweetone said:
Lauren Hynde,
Liar,
champagne1982,
annaswirls, (consider this Reminder 6! ) oy vey! I just got home... wasted wasted... damn, okay thanks for the reminders, you are good. So, is this tomorrow, no, Wed. Wasted. hmmm.
BooMerengue,
Remec,
Jennifer C,
BrinkOfDoom,
neonurotic,
Miss Oatlash,
bogusbrig,
echoes_s,
Tzara,
The_Fool,
PatCarrington,
sandspike,
average_gina,
bluerains,
tolyk - hey! nice to see you dear! and don't worry, sucking is allowed if needed :D

the idea is to pick up your tools and write, write, write. the reason? enjoyment!

Have fun!

rats this verse just won't do what i want it to do. in the end it will succumb. *grin*

tolyk said:
Actually... I started writing it the moment I posted my "I'm in" post..
I've had a bad day.. was consoling the ex again.. so, that poem is the product of my bad day...

ah see i knew you wouldn't be able to resist checking in, eventually, annaswirls. :D you must have picked up on my vibes. ...or something. :D

and yes, it's wednesday for you lot and thursday for me, cos, well... just cos. :D

okay, it's because of the time zone difference. :D sound good?

you only just wrote that tolyk? good grief man. an hour ago? *rolling eyes* some people just have words at their fingertips! :D now the fun part starts with the tooth comb. good luck! i can't wait to read it on the 31st!

add on: *hugs* may the rest of your day improve.

Last edited:
wildsweetone said:
you only just wrote that tolyk? good grief man. an hour ago? *rolling eyes* some people just have words at their fingertips! :D now the fun part starts with the tooth comb. good luck! i can't wait to read it on the 31st!

add on: *hugs* may the rest of your day improve.

*shrug* Whenever I write a poem it's like that.. Sustenance was written in 5 minutes... final draft. This one.. well, I have a lot to modify, but I like it..

As for the rest of the day, it's 1 AM and I have to go back to work tomorrow after 6 days off..... yay

Back