Slow Cellar Door Poetry Challenge

my yiddish side

Angeline said:
Is that anything like Yiddish? My Cherokee is well nonexistant. :)

is nil also...

along with the cherokee....am afraid...so just a wee bit tis all there is.... :cathappy:

bluerains said:
is nil also...

along with the cherokee....am afraid...so just a wee bit tis all there is.... :cathappy:

Well, we'll just like the sounds then. ;)

:rose:

Cool

I will try to make my first submission in eons with this challenge, if nobody minds a late comer. Slow Cellar Door sounds very intriguing for a poem title. Yay!

It has been pointed out to me that I should remind everyone that there is only one poem submission being accepted per poet for this contest.

To reiterate:

Only one entry per poet!

So now you've been reminded.

:)

Angeline said:
It has been pointed out to me that I should remind everyone that there is one one poem submission per poet for this contest.

To reiterate:

Only one entry per poet!

So now you've been reminded.

:)

*hysterical laughter from the edge of sanity*

Tristesse said:

I haven't started mine yet either. Every time I think about it, I haven't a clue what I want to write.

<holds your hand at the edge of the no-muse zone>

Tristesse said:
I know it's not good to suggest a challenge then not present anything but it's gonna happen folks. Sorry, the muse is on strike.

:(

Even for the slough seller Dior?

oooops

Tristesse said:

...sneaks up and pushes Tess over the edge of sanity...

Is it not too late for another newcomer?

edited to add

...looks wistfully as Angeline goes over the edge too.

Sorry, didn't know .....

Last edited:
ruminator said:
...sneaks up and pushes Tess over the edge of sanity...

Is it not too late for another newcomer?

edited to add

...looks wistfully as Angeline goes over the edge too.

Sorry, didn't know .....

It's never to late (or early) for a newcomer around here. Welcome. <pushes you over the edge with the rest of the poetry loonies>

(He's a poet, PoeTess!)

Just a Reminder

that submissions for this contest are due tomorrow

Sunday, June 26, 8 pm EST

You can send them to The Poets.

Last edited:
hum....ok

I just submitted mine just in case its today...I thought it was Sunday also...

ruminator said:
eek!

I better hurry.

Is the deadline Saturday or the 26th?
:confused:

ruminator said:
eek!

I better hurry.

Is the deadline Saturday or the 26th?

eek! thank you. i fixed it. :)

i've had a long day and it's about a million degrees here. i can write poems, but i can't remember what day it is. Curious, eh?

bluerains said:

It is--as you see. I'm just beat.

But I did want to tell you that I really like Wallace Stevens. You don't hear many people talk about him these days. :D

well am very

Angeline said:

i've had a long day and it's about a million degrees here. i can write poems, but i can't remember what day it is. Curious, eh?

forgiving for one who has a blue guitar.... :D

Angeline said:

I'm sure there is some rational explanation for your behavior. However, it could be better used on a more flagrant violation. I wouldn't waste it on this one if I were you.

;)

Many thanks.

............................................................................................................

ruminator said:
I'm sure there is some rational explanation for your behavior. However, it could be better used on a more flagrant violation. I wouldn't waste it on this one if I were you.

;)

Many thanks.

I've not been in violation of anything else thus far today. I don't think. Well, the speed limit but not by much. It's too hot. Maybe I could sneak into a pool somewhere later. That'd be a good one. :D

Angeline said:
that submissions for this contest are due tomorrow

Sunday, June 26, 8 pm EST

You can send them to The Poets.
I have e-mailed my entry to all three "Poets" because I could not figure out how to PM it. :(

Rybka said:
I have e-mailed my entry to all three "Poets" because I could not figure out how to PM it. :(

Well, I'll get it then so no worries. You couldn't just send a pm to The Poets?

Well, not that my potential cellar door poem was going to be some kind of much anticipated, mind bending physical experience, but I am dissapointed in myself. Obviously I have not managed to get it together and am therefore not going to have a poem up. DRAT IT ALL.

Sorry, I hate saying I am going to do something and not getting the follow through. I feel like I have let people down. (And this coming from the woman who hasn't posted a poem since last summer.)

postobitum said:
Well, not that my potential cellar door poem was going to be some kind of much anticipated, mind bending physical experience, but I am dissapointed in myself. Obviously I have not managed to get it together and am therefore not going to have a poem up. DRAT IT ALL.

Sorry, I hate saying I am going to do something and not getting the follow through. I feel like I have let people down. (And this coming from the woman who hasn't posted a poem since last summer.)

That's ok. We still love you. :D

We have ten poems right now, with 20 minutes to go. I'm waiting till 8 to check The Poets pm box one more time and then I'll post semifinals polls.

Rybby, I have yours. :)

Good luck BLUE!

I really enjoyed the "Darker" poetry you threw out earlier this month. Keep
it up on this "Slow" deal. You have been doing it well girl. :cool:

bluerains said:

Back