Stupid Human Tricks

Feedback

After reading literotica for months I finally got up the nerve to post a story a few days ago, and so far my feedback has been very supportive and positive, but one especially stuck with me:

" Holy cripes! I came so hard after reading this story! "

And that was it, end of feedback. I had to laugh first at myself for being so surprised that someone would masturbate to my story, and secondly for being so gratified by the compliment. Other people had nice things to say, or comments on the asides I put in and whether they helped the story or not, but "Holy Cripes!" is the phrase getting the heavy rotation in the airplay of my brain.

I think that's the thing about feedback, positive or negative, sometimes a certain word or phrase just sticks with you, and that's why an illiterate flame can affect you more than a scholarly compliment.

http://www.literotica.com/stories/memberpage.php?uid=114248

feedback...

I've always gotten decent feedback until I got the 'you suck, you bastard!' one-liner.

Last edited:
Let's talk feedback extremes

I posted a new story today. I got both of these feedbacks within an hour of each other. Hope this eases WifeSeducer's mind.

1) YOU SUCK AND I DON'T MEAN THAT AS A COMPLIMENT ! ! !

==> Naturally there were 2 1-votes within a minute of each other

2) you are awesome!!!! "Thank You Jeannie" is probably the best story i have read on literotica. thank you for making my evenings a little more fun.

I keep expecting Rod Serling to enter the room. Does anyone else hear do do do do do do do do….
:confused:

Larry

Last edited:
LOL, that's great! Do you happen to know if they voted? I suppose the YOU SUCK feedback may have been one of your 1 votes?

On a side note, I do feel we watch the votes too much. Most of my chapters have over 4,000 views and under 30 votes. I guess they either really liked it or really hated it, if they vote? And, I have one story broken up into 8 chapters. The only voting has recently been on the last chapter. All other chapters have been very stagnant. Now, it had an H for several days, until two days ago, when it was hit hard by the "1 bandit". Now, it's hurtin'. But, all of the chapters have been sticking just below this 4.50 rating. Someone came by and voted high on all of my chapters, and now I have 3 chapters with an H. My question is how long will it be before that damn bandit comes to visit again? Tonight, probably.

And, I was getting a pretty substantial amount of feedback, but nearly 2 weeks ago; it all just abruptly stopped. Nothing good OR bad. Is it just me, the new system change, or what? Did I just get all of the people willing to give feedback in the first two weeks of voting?

I want a humorous feedback so I can post it. I love the cripes post, too.

Last edited:
DVS

Actually my hate mailer cast TWO 1 votes the 142nd and 144th were cast a minute apart, and sure enough the hate mail was in my inbox seconds later.

I think you hit on something. Ray Dario made a New Thread today on this very subject, check it out.

I'm guessing since the Weds(?) system problems that the A Nany Mouse feedback has stopped working. I was surprised by how little feedback I got in light of the many 5 votes cast. I bet some folks don't want to even say something nice if the anon is kaput.

I was monitoring the votes today to get a handle on the patterns, so I've got it down cold.:cool:

Re: watching votes too close. Hey we can do anything to excess. In my case, I just strive to do better than last time. But I have been curious to understand how much voting is honest feedback vs. spite votes. After today I have a much clearer picture. :D

As long as you get enough votes to smooth out the negatives votes, it's still statistically useful data.

Oh yeah, I did notice that I as many of my feedback emails the first mornings, as I did since that time. [4/6?]

Enjoy your long weekend folks.

Larry

Last edited:
Back