Sub Drop / Top Drop

Do you experience sub or top drop?

• I'm a sub. Yes, I experience sub drop.

Votes: 18 50.0%
  • I'm a sub. Nope, I've never experienced sub drop.

Votes: 4 11.1%
  • I'm a dominant. Yes, I experience top drop.

Votes: 5 13.9%
  • I'm a dominant. Nope, I've never experienced top drop.

Votes: 4 11.1%
  • I'm a switch and I experience sub drop.

Votes: 3 8.3%
  • I'm a switch and I experience top drop.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm a switch and I've never experienced either.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • other. Please explain. (hey, I'm trying to cover all bases here).

Votes: 2 5.6%

• Total voters
Re: Re: A related aside

AnelizeDarkEyes said:
It's a pain in the ass.

Your's comes with a spanking? Damn, you must have a later model than me... :p

Re: Re: Re: A related aside

FungiUg said:
Your's comes with a spanking? Damn, you must have a later model than me... :p

I probably AM a later model than you. ROFL!!!!

Nope....I'm the earlier, *snicker*, full-featured model!!

~anelize

edited afted madly checking profile birthdays LOL

Last edited:
YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!! it's over

i woke up this morning feeling some what better and thru out the day i got even better

lilredwolph said:

i woke up this morning feeling some what better and thru out the day i got even better

That's great news!!!!

lilredwolph said:

Pleased to hear it!

Just need to take a bit of extra care with yourself for a wee while.

FungiUg said:
Pleased to hear it!

Just need to take a bit of extra care with yourself for a wee while.

thanks, i just wish i could figure out why i dropped so hard so long after

for a extra wee bit of care maybe i'll get into the foot messege kit i put together :eek: i could always replace the stuff

Last edited:
lilredwolph said:

for a extra wee bit of care maybe i'll get into the foot messege kit i was told to put together :eek: i could always replace the stuff because He hasn't seen any of it yet

And then you can check out the stuff on yourself so you know how to use it on him... :)

I have been lurking here, but just wanted to say I am so glad to hear you are better. :rose:

lilredwolph said:

for a extra wee bit of care maybe i'll get into the foot messege kit i was told to put together :eek: i could always replace the stuff because He hasn't seen any of it yet

A major drop in endorphin levels like that can trigger a bout of depression. Sad, but true. Depression doesn't always have a "reason" either -- all about chemical balances in the body.

My suggestion is that you plan to spend a lot of time laughing in the next couple of days. Get out some funny movies you laugh, or make a plan to go to a comedy show or something. And spend some social time with friends who love you. (Help get those endorphin levels up again.)

The best thing I have found for my depression (other than exercise) is to spend time with friends. Just fun social time with people who laugh at your jokes... (well, maybe in my case, groan.)

serijules said:
Aftercare is especially important during a phase some call subdrop. Subdrop refers to the feelings of intense anger, betrayal, loneliness or emotional instability that many subs feel after playing.
You couldn't have used better words to describe it, serijules.

I had my first experience with this recently. We spent a couple of hours together in a dungeon setting, and it was incredible -- to say the least. But the moment I sensed it was over, I felt lost. As the wrist and ankle cuffs were removed, my heart sank. I ached for more, but couldn't bring myself to say anything. I was in a daze, I had no control over what I was feeling. I was so emotionally upset that I couldn't find the words to say what was wrong. Not knowing what was happening to me was frightening.

It took about 12 hours to come out of it completely.

Oddly enough, it was not intense pain, but the intensity of emotions that may have led to my experience with 'sub drop'. For those that are new, it's not an exclusive reaction to pain.

In my case, this was totally different from the normal feelings of depression that I have for a week or two after we spend time together. (We live half a country away from each other) Being able to put a name to it helps.

Thanks for the thread, Des :rose:

Fungi, great suggestions.

Arden, thanks so much for joining the conversation. I know exactly what you mean. And sometimes, the drop comes when I'd rather be basking in afterglow. Its disappointing, to say the least.

Hi Kayte.

i voted sub/experienced subdrop before.

Loved to float in the cocoon, but was scared of the drop a few hours later. The feelings of loss and helplessness were frightening. :( Also, if asked to respond to something verbally, the slurred speech never failed to surprise me.

Dreams were often times an issue too.

lara

It is nasty.....

And it lasts a long time.

When you think you are coming back from it, something takes you all the way back down. These geographically challenged, intense relationships make finding your way back so difficult when you drop again and again after you are again apart.

Daddy and i played this past Saturday, it was pretty intense in a sadistic way, most protocal was dropped and i was just to take what He gave me. i have been waiting for the bomb to drop since i returned home early Sunday morning, but i have had no drop at all this time.

kinda freaky ...

How can I possibly experience sub drop when my Master gives the requisite 10 seconds of reassurance afterward?

God yes, I experience that. Like a lifeline has been cut. The endings are always far to abrupt for me.

lara and kayte, it is tough. I know. I have it frequently.

lilred, congrats on a play session without drop! woohoo

His Precious, perhaps a gentle discussion about this is in order? I hope you can get some support.

Des, the 10 seconds is a bit of a joke between my Master and me. He gives me unbelievable support and reassurance, I couldn't be happier with his treatment of me. But after it all, why is there such an emptiness...as if there are more unspoken needs still to be met? As much as we case ease ouselves back into reality it still hits me pretty harshly.

His Precious said:
... But after it all, why is there such an emptiness...as if there are more unspoken needs still to be met? ...
Do you prefer the merry-go-round or the rollercoaster?

It might sound a little cruel, perhaps a little pessimistic, even naĂŻve, but how can you appreciate a peak if you don't start in a valley?

How can you truly appreciate the highs without knowing the lows my lady, but tis surely more than worth it for the time with your Master.

May I say how lucky you are to experience the highs at all :D

I am more than a little intrigued with this subject. I have discovered that after a particularly 'taxing' session I am very despondent the next day. I feel as though I am walking around wearing metal boots and there is an enormous magnet determined to drag me down... I get a 'little' unreasonable (hehe) and tearful which is not my usual behaviour. I need reassurance that I *am* beautiful, sexy, cute, smart, etc etc etc. Then I need to go to sleep for an excess of 12 hours, and I wake up my usual happy self. Go figure.

soapstar said:
I am more than a little intrigued with this subject. I have discovered that after a particularly 'taxing' session I am very despondent the next day. I feel as though I am walking around wearing metal boots and there is an enormous magnet determined to drag me down... I get a 'little' unreasonable (hehe) and tearful which is not my usual behaviour. I need reassurance that I *am* beautiful, sexy, cute, smart, etc etc etc. Then I need to go to sleep for an excess of 12 hours, and I wake up my usual happy self. Go figure.

welcome to the sub roller coaster of emotions run-amuck, at every corner theres a new twist at every twist a new drop at the bottom of every drop a new corner - that'll be 3 tickets please, thank you and enjoy your ride here on the EMOTIONS A GO-GO

lilredwolph said:
welcome to the sub roller coaster of emotions run-amuck, at every corner theres a new twist at every twist a new drop at the bottom of every drop a new corner - that'll be 3 tickets please, thank you and enjoy your ride here on the EMOTIONS A GO-GO

lil ~ You summed it up perfectly. You got quite a laugh from me. :D

I still get sub drop, but not as badly as before we moved in together.

When we didn't live together, I would be driving home the next morning, getting ready for work, feeling so empty and drained. I lived with some of my family members and there was this awful plainative emotional canyon. And since I'm not out with any of my family members the sense of isolation was horrible! I couldn't talk to any of them about it. It was a horrible desolate place to be in. D would instruct me to call him on at least one of my breaks and when I got home form work the next day. I dropped so badly that we could only scene"seriously" when I had the following day off to recover. I would spend most of the following day with him. When I had to work the next day we kept the play light so the afteraffects would b elight too.

Now that we're together we still tend to do the heavy scening on the first of my two days off. But since I now have that horrible night shift, if he needs a heavy scene and I have to work the next day, we can usually pull it off, since I go in so late in the day.

Personally, I've never been fond of roller coasters. That ride down to the low place is scary as hell. ;) But its a great analagy and it made me laugh.

D's mariposa, I can only hope that it will even out somewhat when we are living together. I'm glad its better for you.

lilredwolph said:
... that'll be 3 tickets please, thank you and enjoy your ride here on the EMOTIONS A GO-GO ...
Three tickets hell.

Cough up two more. This is an E ride lady ...

and don't forget to eat your veggies.

carrot.jpg

Back