submitting a story

Critique

Sterling,
I'm always happy to have a critique of my stories. Glad you liked Casual Obsession, but there is always room for improvement. You can send your comments to me directly if you'd like - this thread is focused on more timely things.
jyhwkr4lyph@prodigy.net
Thanks,
Scott (HedbangerSA)

YO!

Will do. Hey, don't wanna sound pretentious, but I think it'll help others to post the critique here, if ya don't mind. It'll probably be in a few parts.

Critique

Posting it here would be great. Just wanted to offer you the other alternative. Just don't suggest that I have Traveler eat Calla, as in devour. :rolleyes:
Looking forward to your comments.

Split personality

toknight said:
MG,so far I think you're the TOPS!

Dear Wayne,
I'm only that way to people who are drunk.

I'd like to chat more, but I'm not MG this time. Somhow Im on hear as DurtGurl. I don't rite near as good in this perrsona.

Congratualtions on being drunk. We each have our own unique tallents.
Durty

Ps. See what happens if you post an uninvited criticc of somthing of min.

Re: Split personality

DurtGurl said:

I'd like to chat more, but I'm not MG this time. Somhow Im on hear as DurtGurl. I don't rite near as good in this perrsona.
Durty

MG and DurtGurl swapping their persona? Horror.

That is nearly as worrying as DurtGurl as a "virgin".

Now if your avatar was that MG TD - I couldn't resist saving it to my hard drive to drool over later.

Regards to both MGs and get posting DurtGurl. You can't stay a virgin and write the stories you do.

Og

Virginity

Dear Og,
I'm not a virgin by choice. Its sort of like reversse rape when I became DurtGurl. I wish that stuppid story would get poasted so I can berrie this personna.
MG/DG

Good grief! Now I'm myself again. What the %$^&^%$! is going on around here?

I'll see if I can find a picture of Morris the MG to post. He's very pretty. Frame up restoration, or course. I wish he had synchromesh into first gear, though.

Last edited:
Recycling Virgins

Now why didn't I think of that for the Earth Day Contest?

A foolproof way of reconstituting virgins is the ultimate green achievement.

I'm not sure that DurtGurl would appreciate the process.

Og.

Re: Morris the MG

MathGirl said:
Dear Og,
I'll see if I can find a picture of Morris the MG to post. He's very pretty. Frame up restoration, or course. I wish he had synchromesh into first gear, though.

At least Morris has synchromesh on the other gears. I still remember how to double-declutch on a crash box which now sounds like an obscure perversion.

And starting handles. How to start a six cylinder engine without breaking a wrist ... memories, ah, memories.

The only MG I've driven was pre-war. The wooden floor was rotten with holes that let water in but the drive - wonderful.

You see, I really do lust after an AV of that MG.

Og

Re: Re: Morris the MG

oggbashan said:
At least Morris has synchromesh on the other gears. I still remember how to double-declutch on a crash box which now sounds like an obscure perversion.

And starting handles. How to start a six cylinder engine without breaking a wrist ... memories, ah, memories.

The only MG I've driven was pre-war. The wooden floor was rotten with holes that let water in but the drive - wonderful.

You see, I really do lust after an AV of that MG.

Og

It's a four banger, not a six. OHV with two sidedraft Stromberg carbs. Whopping seventy HP or so. No roll up side windows. Rides like it has no springs at all. Battery under the passenger seat, of course. Where else would a Brit put a battery? Bright BRG. Ugly, but original.

I only drive it on weekends in nice weather.

In case you wonder, my man is a classic car and airplane nut. He's in India right now on the trail of a restorable P-40. He just won the Monterey Concours de Elegance with a 1933 Bentley touring car. As you can tell, he is totally insane.
Sincerely,
Morris Garage

Last edited:
Re: Re: Re: Morris the MG

MathGirl said:
It's a four banger, not a six. OHV with two sidedraft Stromberg carbs. Whopping seventy HP or so. No roll up side windows. Rides like it has no springs at all. Battery under the passenger seat, of course. Where else would a Brit put a battery? Bright BRG. Ugly, but original.

I only drive it on weekends in nice weather.

Ah, the wonders of British autos. Had a Jensen Healy once. Tangerine with a black rag top, very hot. Bought it in Michigan and tried to drive it to California. It broke down 11 times in three days. Finally died in Clinton, Oklahoma (phone book had 53 pages) and had to have it towed ninety miles back to Oklahoma City where I spent a week jammed into a packed hotel because of the National Rodeo Associations Annual Round Up (or whatever the hell it's called) waiting for it to be fixed before I finally gave up and caught a plane out of there.

Jayne

Re: Re: Re: Re: Morris the MG

jfinn said:
Ah, the wonders of British autos. Had a Jensen Healy once. Tangerine with a black rag top, very hot. Bought it in Michigan and tried to drive it to California. It broke down 11 times in three days.

Dear Jayne,
Sounds like the usual for a Brit car. The Jensens are scarce, and collectors really want them. Nobody would want one for a car to drive all the time. Same for an MG.
MG

Back