Thanksgiving Challenge

Lauren Hynde said:
Also, what's all this talk about early submissions when there's only 3 days to go? lol

What ?....only 3 days left....damn that month flew by...

ahh well...I'm eating , drinking and being Mary...er, I mean merry,...for tomorrow I may die...

:D

Cordelia said:
Hmmm... I have a poem. I suppose I'll post it. It still feels like a clique around here, though, and I am not very welcome, except by a couple people.

I guess I have until Wednesday to decide.

Exasperated,

Cordelia

A clique you say? I worship you from afar when ever you grace us. I am just too tungtied to say so - except now because you said the C-word.

:rose: Please, please, please post your poem.

Cordelia said:
Hmmm... I have a poem. I suppose I'll post it. It still feels like a clique around here, though, and I am not very welcome, except by a couple people.

Exasperated,

Cordelia

CORDEILA!!!!!

If you do not feel welcome it is because you are seen as some sort of godess of beauty and intelligence and maybe well, we get a little shy?

:eek:

Lauren Hynde said:
Cordelia, I for one hope I never made you feel anything less than welcome. You know how much I love you and your poetry. :) :rose:

Are you kidding? You're the reason I'm back!

:kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

Cordelia

Lauren Hynde said:
Also, what's all this talk about early submissions when there's only 3 days to go? lol

Kick me in the head, Lauren. I started that thought very early this week (and I'll be dayum if I'm gonna go back and find that post :) ) because of the number of people who are participating in the challenge.

The deadline to submit to the reviewers is Tuesday, y'all and that's in the hopes that it will be submitted Wednesday I had suggested to not submit before Sunday.

Does anyone know if we ask in the special instructions to not post until Wednesday that they will be able to honor it? And how can these poems be specified explicitly as the Thanksgiving Challenge poems?

And I know I am the only one that says dad gum it... ;)

average gina said:
Kick me in the head, Lauren. I started that thought very early this week (and I'll be dayum if I'm gonna go back and find that post :) ) because of the number of people who are participating in the challenge.

The deadline to submit to the reviewers is Tuesday, y'all and that's in the hopes that it will be submitted Wednesday I had suggested to not submit before Sunday.

Does anyone know if we ask in the special instructions to not post until Wednesday that they will be able to honor it? And how can these poems be specified explicitly as the Thanksgiving Challenge poems?

I said something wrong... The deadline to submit to the reviewers is Tuesday, y'all and that's in the hopes that it will be posted Wednesday.... :eek:

Cordelia said:

Exasperated,

Cordelia
Well dad gum it, Cordelia! I'm sure, to the chagrin of several people, I have made myself known (particularly in an obnoxious manner in this thread) and the only decent poems I have come up with have been because of the challenges! And I ain't leavin until I get to be a poet that somebody can be proud of, dad gum it! Heck! I still say "ain't" and "ain't" ain't supposed to be a word a hoity-toity poet would say! And I can't even put up a dang avatar!!! :eek:;)

You are welcome here, lady! Stick around, we could only be uplifted (no pun intended--honest!) by your presence! :heart: :rose: :heart:

Double dad gum it, even... :mad:

I Subbed My Challenge Early!

Cuz I'm goin' outa town,
to a forbidding place where
there will be no Web hook-up.

So okay, I used:

a Wicked Eve line
for my opener

and smithpeter
for a closer.

Thank you Angeline!
You are da best!

and Cordie,

you are welcome here in my book
all day long. :) :D :)

will not be able to make the deadline
shame, I liked the license to steal from WickedEve and jd4george, probably will do so anyway (with credit)
along the way, I left a few comments, thank you champagne1982, for that look at eggplant
if by chance, anybody found anything usable of mine, go ahead, I'm more of a copyleft kind of guy.
I suck at deadlines, but I got a couple coming up, with my job on the line.

Re: I Subbed My Challenge Early!

well damn good choices! The begin all and end all!

cant wait to see the filling

denis hale said:
Cuz I'm goin' outa town,
to a forbidding place where
there will be no Web hook-up.

So okay, I used:

a Wicked Eve line
for my opener

and smithpeter
for a closer.

Thank you Angeline!
You are da best!

and Cordie,

average gina said:

Well, I know Angeline forbade the use of 'Angeline's Challenge' in the title, but what if just say, under the title, "A Thanksgiving CHallenge" or maybe none of us posts anything else that same day. That way the only posts the people on the list will have will be the challenge.

I don't know, I have a nasty head cold and can't think very well. It's taken ten minutes just to write this little post.
*going back to bed*

postobitum said:
Well, I know Angeline forbade the use of 'Angeline's Challenge' in the title, but what if just say, under the title, "A Thanksgiving CHallenge" or maybe none of us posts anything else that same day. That way the only posts the people on the list will have will be the challenge.

I don't know, I have a nasty head cold and can't think very well. It's taken ten minutes just to write this little post.
*going back to bed*

If you just put "for the Challenge to be submitted the 23rd to be posted the 24th"in the Notes Field, it'll be ok. Laurel can handle that. Thats what I've always done...

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Updated list...

BooMerengue said:
Wrong, darlin'! I still get laughed at a LOT for tellin folks to have a groovy day or go find a groovy kinda love, etc! In chat they ask me "How old did you say you were?" LOL

At Mutt's apartment last week, I told him I put something in the 'icebox'. He looked at me and said 'How old are you, anyway???'
:)

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Updated list...

Miss Oatlash said:
At Mutt's apartment last week, I told him I put something in the 'icebox'. He looked at me and said 'How old are you, anyway???'

LOL

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Updated list...

Miss Oatlash said:

LOL I still say that, and we have a sofa or divan, not a couch.

BooMerengue said:
If you just put "for the Challenge to be submitted the 23rd to be posted the 24th"in the Notes Field, it'll be ok. Laurel can handle that. Thats what I've always done...

Dad gum it, that's just the answer I wasn't finding in this icebox for a brain. Groovy patootie. :D

Re: I Subbed My Challenge Early!

denis hale said:
and Cordie,

Thanks, neighbor! (I'm up north in Reno.)

I read through every one of your poems to look for a line to use for this challenge. I found so many, but none I could use. You'll see what I mean when you see what I did. It sure was wonderful to read your stuff again, though...

Whew. THis was a lot of work.

Exhausted,

Cordelia

Back