The 2024 750 Word Story Challenge Support Thread

Standing by for rejection of a 750 I uploaded this afternoon. It's about a high school student, albeit an 18-year-old senior in her last month of school.
Nah, I got away with it, in We're A Wonderful Wife an 18 year old girl gave her boyfriend a very happy 18th birthday. Just shout those magic ages loud and clear and her bot won't notice.

I've written a bunch of very sexual stories about (clearly defined...they showed ID!) 18 year old school girls, and they all went through okay... hopefully yours will too...🤞
Nah, I got away with it, in We're A Wonderful Wife an 18 year old girl gave her boyfriend a very happy 18th birthday. Just shout those magic ages loud and clear and her bot won't notice.

It went through fine. Clarity about end-of-year HS seniors seemed to grease the skids.

Yea, and I have a half acre and a 25 year old Kubota with a slow leaking tire.
I got a (used) John Deere zero turn for my half acre on Christmas, my Husquevarna gave up the ghost last year, the hydraulic transmission hit the end of life. I hate that I can't use the zero turn as a tractor and haul crap with it, but it's fast and it's fun.

I have an acre to mess with. Three years ago I bought a Cub Cadet 42" rider - electric. I love it. No belts, no gas, no oil changes - just turn it on and go. The only maintenance is chiseling the dried clippings out of the deck twice a season, and obviously that's the time to refresh the blades. I typically have 30% of the charge left when I'm done. Perfect.

EDIT - Far be it for me to contribute to some serious thread drift! (I honestly thought this was TxRad's coffee shop!) After over 1K posts, I guess drift happens.

EDIT #2 - Maybe our penance should be writing a 750-er about something sexy while mowing the lawn. Like the car washing scene in Cool Hand Luke, possibly.

🤪

Last edited:
As I’ve said before, the present has evolved to its current state because the rules didn’t anticipate people so proactively seeking out loopholes.

A correction can fix it for next time, without faulting those who partook the loopholes so far.

My vote: Adjust for the future. Require each 750 word story to be completely standalone. No other story should be required to be read, before or after. No series. No parts of series. No chapters. No tricks. No loopholes. No “looking like a series” to benefit scores. No use of pre-established characters, backgrounds. No asterisks.

In this view, a 750 word story would irrefutably be 750 words.

For the past and present, we can accept the status quo. But we can and should make it better next time.

Maybe our penance should be writing a 750-er about something sexy while mowing the lawn. Like the car washing scene in Cool Hand Luke, possibly.

And I just did, wife mowing the lawn, on a riding mower, in a bikini... and less. I'll upload it after a final edit and verify the word count. I was going to say "final trim", but that might infer talking about the lawn, not the story.

Be looking out for Do I Have to Edge, Too? in a couple of days.

What loopholes IN THE RULES (not your feelings) are you talking about?

That the 750-word project guidelines don't explicitly exclude breaking down a larger story into 750-word chunks as a series. Or do they? I don't recall, but that certainly breaks the spirit of the event.

That the 750-word project guidelines don't explicitly exclude breaking down a larger story into 750-word chunks as a series. Or do they? I don't recall, but that certainly breaks the spirit of the event.
No, but they say each 750 word story must be a complete story. Breaking a story down to 750 word chapters breaks the spirit of the rules.

If you take a universe that you created, like We're a Wonderful Wife universe or what I'm calling "The Andi-verse" and use the characters and universe that you created, there's nothing wrong with that. Here's a married couple that I created on honeymoon in Niagara Falls 750-09 Paul and Andi, all the exposition you'll need is right there in the first two paragraphs

If your exposition goes something lazy like "As I mentioned in the story Cowgirls and Dickslingers..." or the story starts with "Rocket Man Dick Peters swung down from the Phlying Phallus, and stepped onto the planet Quim that he discovered in the story Pussy Girls of Venus, that is clearly depending on another story for its exposition and is not a complete story.

If your 750 teases a story or a series that you created, who cares? As long as your 750 story is a complete story, with all the bits, 1. exposition, 2. rising action, 3, climax, 4. falling action, and 5. resolution. I do admit, in 750 words of erotica, parts 3, 4, and 5 can end up in one or two sentences

If your 750 word creation inspires a longer, bigger, better story, by all means - go for it! Sing it out proudly! Tell us where to find it. That's what this exercise is for, strengthen your skills and to inspire. Last year two of my stories grew to become contest entries, this year two were actually submitted into the Valentines Day contest (Why not? I wasn't eligible to win anyhow, I wanted to see how a 750 did in a contest (crappy)) One is a tease for my Geek Pride entries, one will become an erotic encounter for National Nude Day and one will become a Summer Fun entry under mature (My May/December stories seem to attract readers)

Just submitted my first (and likely only) attempt :) Man, it was a lot harder than I first imagined, but it was fun to try to be brief for once :D

I’ve co-written a 5.7k word and written a 3.5k word short story since posting my final (20th) 750 word story. It was kinda liberating having some room to breathe.

Emily

What loopholes IN THE RULES (not your feelings) are you talking about?
Below is the part you accidentally left out, me lamenting what the rules don’t say. That’s the issue.

As I’ve said before, the present has evolved to its current state because the rules didn’t anticipate people so proactively seeking out loopholes.
The rules say nothing. They are vague. That’s the issue. People wanting to make chapters and series and use pre-established universes can, because the ambiguous rules don’t set boundaries.

Finally, and this is pivotal: My definition of story is different to yours. I don’t accept your looser definition and you don’t accept my stricter one. And that’s fine. Debate not necessary. Writing iron-clad clear guidelines would make no debate necessary.

I’ll repeat one thing. No harm regarding the past. People can use loose interpretations this time and it’s Fine. Next time, however, we could improve.

UPDATE:

My name is Emily, and I’m a 750aholic…

So I’ve published 18 - this where I am:
  1. SciFi & Fantasy ✅
  2. Non-erotic ✅
  3. Romance ✅
  4. BDSM ✅
  5. Humor & Satire ✅
  6. Gay Male ✅
  7. Lesbian Sex ✅
  8. Toys & Masturbation ✅
  9. Toys & Masturbation (couldn’t be two more dissimilar stories) ✅
  10. Interracial Love Lesbian ✅
  11. Mind Control ✅
  12. Mature ✅
  13. Transgender & Cross Dressing ✅
  14. Celebrities & Fan Fiction ✅
  15. Reviews & Essays ✅
  16. Erotic Horror ✅
  17. Non-human ✅
  18. Anal ✅
  19. Exhibitionist & Voyeur ⬅️ tomorrow
  20. Erotic Couplings
Twenty stories, across eighteen categories (should have been 19 if IR was actually what is advertised). That feels like more that enough.

Hey, no need to all agree at once 😡.

Had an idea for LW, but I’m really not a fan of the category. Gonna try to get some longer stories / series completed or going.

Emily
It is as advertised. You just didn't play up the races and went the pc route. That's like writing noncon with blantant consent, and wondering why it's in EC.

Wow, EM, you can sure line up your periods. Hum, that sort of sounds nasty, doesn't it?
UPDATE:

My name is Emily, and I’m a 750aholic…

So I’ve published 18 - this where I am:
  1. SciFi & Fantasy ✅
  2. Non-erotic ✅
  3. Romance ✅
  4. BDSM ✅
  5. Humor & Satire ✅
  6. Gay Male ✅
  7. Lesbian Sex ✅
  8. Toys & Masturbation ✅
  9. Toys & Masturbation (couldn’t be two more dissimilar stories) ✅
  10. Interracial Love Lesbian ✅
  11. Mind Control ✅
  12. Mature ✅
  13. Transgender & Cross Dressing ✅
  14. Celebrities & Fan Fiction ✅
  15. Reviews & Essays ✅
  16. Erotic Horror ✅
  17. Non-human ✅
  18. Anal ✅
  19. Exhibitionist & Voyeur ⬅️ tomorrow
  20. Erotic Couplings
Twenty stories, across eighteen categories (should have been 19 if IR was actually what is advertised). That feels like more that enough.

Hey, no need to all agree at once 😡.

Had an idea for LW, but I’m really not a fan of the category. Gonna try to get some longer stories / series completed or going.

Emily

No, but they say each 750 word story must be a complete story. Breaking a story down to 750 word chapters breaks the spirit of the rules.

If you take a universe that you created, like We're a Wonderful Wife universe or what I'm calling "The Andi-verse" and use the characters and universe that you created, there's nothing wrong with that. Here's a married couple that I created on honeymoon in Niagara Falls 750-09 Paul and Andi, all the exposition you'll need is right there in the first two paragraphs

If your exposition goes something lazy like "As I mentioned in the story Cowgirls and Dickslingers..." or the story starts with "Rocket Man Dick Peters swung down from the Phlying Phallus, and stepped onto the planet Quim that he discovered in the story Pussy Girls of Venus, that is clearly depending on another story for its exposition and is not a complete story.

If your 750 teases a story or a series that you created, who cares? As long as your 750 story is a complete story, with all the bits, 1. exposition, 2. rising action, 3, climax, 4. falling action, and 5. resolution. I do admit, in 750 words of erotica, parts 3, 4, and 5 can end up in one or two sentences

If your 750 word creation inspires a longer, bigger, better story, by all means - go for it! Sing it out proudly! Tell us where to find it. That's what this exercise is for, strengthen your skills and to inspire. Last year two of my stories grew to become contest entries, this year two were actually submitted into the Valentines Day contest (Why not? I wasn't eligible to win anyhow, I wanted to see how a 750 did in a contest (crappy)) One is a tease for my Geek Pride entries, one will become an erotic encounter for National Nude Day and one will become a Summer Fun entry under mature (My May/December stories seem to attract readers)
My scifi romance novel was inspired by a writing prompt I did.

Back