The 50 Plus Cafe, Pub, All-Nite Greasy Spoon and Dive Bar

I recall most of the basics.
Chips - crisps
Boot - bonnet
Brolly
Chat up - slag
Need a primer for the rest.
Slag is one of my favorite words in English/scottish/British isles use:

I think a slag is a person of loose morals. But also to slag someone off is to tell them where to go I think.

The Toy Dolls - Deirdre is a Slag

Wednesday I tripped on the top step of a set of two, fell and fractured my left leg. Mrs Rj is always telling me to pick up my feet...
After six hours in the ER, all I got was a nylon leg brace and a shot of morphine.
I'm not going to be dancing anytime soon though...
Oh no RJ. Are you getting some follow up visits. If it’s a break, make sure everything’s ok w your doc or an orthopedist. 🙏🫂

Wednesday I tripped on the top step of a set of two, fell and fractured my left leg. Mrs Rj is always telling me to pick up my feet...
After six hours in the ER, all I got was a nylon leg brace and a shot of morphine.
I'm not going to be dancing anytime soon though...
RJ hope you get over it. The Management did that and was out of the brace in about six weeks. Good luck

I am on fire..... dusted the living room taking apart a wobbly ottoman... I got for 5$ on facebook marketplace q long time qgo stained so time for the woodpile. Took the legs off as they still are nice. I have a cute little gate leg table that i moved from beside chair to make my coffee table. Gonna go to homegoods later. I got a gift card and want to get some candles for me.... and I am gonna vacumn and wash my car

Mr D got shot down in WWII and parachuted to safety but landed in a tree. Mrs D found him and attempted to get him down.

They lived happily ever after!🥰. Sort of…😂
I didn’t know the part that he was a World War II pilot, but I didn’t know if the other details.

Funny.

My FIL was Hungarian (like from Hungary). The Gabor’s were his favorites - w good reason. he named my wife zhuzhiana (Suzanna) after her.

I though a slag was a slut
sorry - messed that up
(went for a nap shortly after that post - woke up way too early today for wording and stuff)

chat up = flirting (chatting someone up)
slag = dissing them or a slut

biscuit for cookie may have been easier for me. at the time, Midwest didn't do much in the way of biscuits and I'm not a bit cookie eater. Since then (late 80s) US cuisine has expanded. You can get a decent biscuit this far North of the Mason-Dixon Line... and more places have them on the menu. (I'm not counting McDonalds :LOL: )

Scones IMO are their own, separate category

Mmm, biscuits
gluten-free-biscuits-3a.jpg

Back