The 50 Plus Cafe, Pub, All-Nite Greasy Spoon and Dive Bar

Red Wing make quality footwear

alas, hard to find boots wide enough and lightweight enough for me. my joints/tendons from knee down make for a challenging footwear fit 🤷‍♀️
I really like their boots. I have wide feet too. I have a pair from 2012 that have been resoled 2x.

Last time I was in MN we went to the factory store and museum and saw the giant two story work boot!

I’m partial to red wing boots. More expensive but always last me forever.

Made in the USA and guaranteed for life.
Red wing boots is what I had when I worked at the plant as an engineer. I still have them, and it's been 25 years. I had steel toe and the front has some leather burnt off from the acid plant but they are still good boots. They look like they've been through an acid plant but I still wear them.

Red wing boots is what I had when I worked at the plant as an engineer. I still have them, and it's been 25 years. I had steel toe and the front has some leather burnt off from the acid plant but they are still good boots. They look like they've been through an acid plant but I still wear them.
I've actually got a new pair of insulated red wings that i hide in the closet for those times when heavy duty is needed

Well good night all.... prepping ny mind to work this week......
Night, MissK
good luck w/ the prep
I'm still in Ostrich Mode :ROFLMAO:

"not yet, Monday, I'm not ready!!"
6ab4f811f9339c940175c5035a67b68cda3ad2edd7662ac471905c26a85451d9_1.webp

Love that! They are durable boots!

Went and used my gift card at home goods. Bought myself 3 of my fave candles....
Glad you treated yourself…you deserve it after all that work….go
I really like their boots. I have wide feet too. I have a pair from 2012 that have been resoled 2x.

Last time I was in MN we went to the factory store and museum and saw the giant two story work boot!

Always bought my boots when in the US as I like welted sole. So many have soft vibram and it’s no use due to karate injuries. Now have a good producer over here, Brandecosse. Theirs are a fantastic npboot but expensive at nearly 500$ a pair. My oldest have done 6 seasons on the hill though and the high leg means I can still get through the burns with dry feet.

Last edited:
I want the recipe. I am not much of a yeast bread maker but up to the challenge!
Here you go, B2!

Artisan No-Knead Bread

2 cups flour
2 cups whole wheat flour
1 cup nut/seed mixture
1 tsp yeast
2 tsp salt
2.5 cups water

Mix all the dry ingredients in a large bowl. Add water and mix well. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and leave for 12-18 hours. (I've left mine for >24 hours)

When ready to bake, place covered pot in cold oven. (I use a cast iron Dutch oven but you can use any kind of oven-safe covered pot or dish.) Preheat oven to 450°.

Prepare a sheet of parchment paper with a bit of scattered cornmeal or flour. (I use cornmeal; I like the crunch it gives to the bottom crust.)

While oven is preheating, scatter a bit of flour around the dough in the bowl. I use a spatula to scrape the dough out of the bowl. Turn the dough out onto the parchment paper. Cover with plastic wrap or a towel.

When oven is preheated, carefully remove the pot. Lift the lid and place the sheet of parchment paper into the hot pot. Be sure to remove any plastic wrap first! Cover the pot and place into hot oven. Bake at 450° for 20 minutes.

After the first 20 minutes is up, remove the lid from the pot and lower the temperature of the oven to 375°. Bake for another 20 minutes.

At the end of the bake time, carefully remove the hot pot from the oven. Grasp the parchment paper and remove the loaf. It should sound hollow when thumped on the bottom. Let sit on a rack or trivet for 10-15 minutes before slicing into it.

You can put anything you like in your nut/seed mixture. I go to a store that has a great bulk bin selection. In mine I have:
Almonds
Pistachios
Millet
Sesame seeds
Hemp hearts
Flax seed
Ground Flax seed
Pepitas
Chia seeds
Quinoa
Sunflower seeds
Wheat germ

I mix these in a large freezer bag. It makes it easy to just scoop out the amount I want.

Greylag substitutes currants for half the nut/seed mixture. I've made some loaves like that. It's also very good!

If you don't have a large covered pot, you can divide the dough for a smaller container. You could use foil on top of your container.

Is this Jim Lahey’s technique? I “gave” my wife this cookbook for a present years ago. I make a few of the no knead recipes in it.
https://a.co/d/1ZFEiTp

I’m a sucker for any cookbook or cooking w cast iron!😂
View attachment 2388644
Now the morning Z
Yes. I just stir up the bread at night, let it sit for 12-18 hours, and bake it the next day in my cast iron Dutch oven. I also make an overnight pizza dough that is really good!

Back