The 50 Plus Cafe, Pub, All-Nite Greasy Spoon and Dive Bar

sweet dreams all...
goodnight-sms-messages.webp

It is awful.... utilities up 5 to 10% ...my raise was 3%...... it does not compute
I hope all you guys read this because it’s world wide! It’s not your administration it’s the same here in the U.K. what seemed like a reasonable price is just extortionate now. You have to almost think about saving for everything. We are in the fortunate position of only having to buy stuff if it needs a replacement.

Motor stuff is the worst…if you can get it.

The only pleasant surprise I had was going to the chip shop last night. A fish supper with a side of mushy peas was only about 13$ and we share it! 😂

I hope all you guys read this because it’s world wide! It’s not your administration it’s the same here in the U.K. what seemed like a reasonable price is just extortionate now. You have to almost think about saving for everything. We are in the fortunate position of only having to buy stuff if it needs a replacement.

Motor stuff is the worst…if you can get it.

The only pleasant surprise I had was going to the chip shop last night. A fish supper with a side of mushy peas was only about 13$ and we share it! 😂
Good day G. I read the same that costs have risen world wide.

Good morning Dawn and OM. Looks like I missed a newbie who ignored the rules of the thread and ran into both MissK and OM. 😳. How silly he was to defy the enforcers.

Another cool morning, dry and hot this afternoon.

It’s football Saturday and off to watch games with friends later.

People don't plan for the future.

I saw a thingie which I will not post here. Essentially, it said that successful people plan three years out. Poor people plan for Satiddy night. I kind of remember living more like the latter and now it's more like the former.

Unless I "need" a new shotgun.

Oh wait, I can afford it!!! Imagine that . . . .

Thanks k.

And to add. There may be a little double entendres. Maybe even triple entendre.

There is some fun ribbing and friendly vibes. We are a lot like a neighborhood local or bar.

This is probably the least sexual thread on lit. We’re all friends here and we keep it that ways. No hitting on people, or sexual advances.

I can think of one thread which is more non-sexual than this one, but people there do sometimes get told to perform Physically Impossible acts with themselves. I guess that's not the same thing.

🤣 :nana:

Good morning Wat . I try to live one day at a time, realize my plans now involve helping family and others in need. It is a hard transition from my planner and future oriented state of thinking to day to day thinking.

Back