The 50 Plus Cafe, Pub, All-Nite Greasy Spoon and Dive Bar

Good morning Wat . I try to live one day at a time, realize my plans now involve helping family and others in need. It is a hard transition from my planner and future oriented state of thinking to day to day thinking.

Yes, but I don't find the two to be incompatible. Plan for the general stuff and live emotionally in the moment, as it were. We'd be fools not to plan, but we'd also be fools to invest our sanity on the outcome of said plans.

Yes, but I don't find the two to be incompatible. Plan for the general stuff and live emotionally in the moment, as it were. We'd be fools not to plan, but we'd also be fools to invest our sanity on the outcome of said plans.
“Planning is indispensable. But plans are useless.” - Dwight D Eisenhower

Meaning you have to be able to plan for future events. But your plans can go sideways in a second.

Meaning you have to be able to plan for future events. But your plans can go sideways in a second.
Good morning Wonderer. I love that quote and used it when I had to deliver my business plan to the Corporate wizards 😂.

In my personal life, I still plan because it’s my personality. Today I am taking things more a day at a time more often due to unpredictable life events.

No drama is one my goals. I love the Zen.

Plans go out the window when we make contact with the enemy. So we revert to training. Of course, if you act like a goofball without plans, then that's your "plan."

My friend has a Dyson and likes it.... I mean a cheap vacumn is 300 dollars.... crazy
I was surprised. I remember a sucky vacuum cost $35 at Walmart.

Then I went to get my daughter one when she went to college in 2018- it was like $150 for a low end one. Even then I was sticker shocked. Now they’re even more.

I can’t imagine vacuum technology has increased all that much! I know prices sure have!!!

I could do this for my own Christmas presents. I would buy myself stuff from the family throughout the year and wrap it and by the time Christmas would come, I would put it under the tree. I'd be legitimately surprised when I opened it LOL. POS would be like I didn't get it, you must have. :ROFLMAO:
I do that too. Used to put my stuff in the trunk of my car (along w some bodies for disposal). Abt 10 years ago I found a heavy duty vice in my trunk. I could not remember for the life of me how it got there.

For weeks it was bugging me. Then I remembered I met a friend for drinks back over the summer, and he was downsizing and gave me this humongous, 100lb vice. It was in the trunk of my car for months. And then at Christmas time when it was time to unload some presents, there it was!

Goddam memory!

I do that too. Used to put my stuff in the trunk of my car (along w some bodies for disposal). Abt 10 years ago I found a heavy duty vice in my trunk. I could not remember for the life of me how it got there.

For weeks it was bugging me. Then I remembered I met a friend for drinks back over the summer, and he was downsizing and gave me this humongous, 100lb vice. It was in the trunk of my car for months. And then at Christmas time when it was time to unload some presents, there it was!

Goddam memory!

I had something like this happen, too. I found - abandoned in the lawn - one of those big Bosch suitcase hammer drills. Drill only, not attachments or case or anything. Left there. No one was there, so I picked it up and put it in my truck, where it rode around on the passenger floor for weeks. No one ever mentioned losing it, and it had no identifying marks on it to tell me who owned it. So I inherited it.

A few months later, I was cleaning out my driver truck and stored a lot of what I removed from it in my project truck. The drill went on the passenger floor first and lots of smaller crap went on top of it, keeping it out of sight. I got curious about the drill and almost concluded that I had dreamed finding it, until it was time to dispose of the project truck. Lo and behold, there was the drill. I have since used it and it performs well. I guess I've had it in my possession for 8 years now.

Does the doctor feel that it will soften up with physical therapy to give you more Mobility? There's also from what I understand a gel that can be injected every 6 months if needed to create a cushion between the bones basically creating the cushion that was originally there. Insurance usually covers that or one variation of it.
That’s the plan. He says if it doesn’t improve, time for surgery.

Good morning Wonderer. I love that quote and used it when I had to deliver my business plan to the Corporate wizards 😂.

In my personal life, I still plan because it’s my personality. Today I am taking things more a day at a time more often due to unpredictable life events.

No drama is one my goals. I love the Zen.
You need to plan! It’s indispensable!

But you never know what’ll happen. There are so many variables in life and in the world.

I’m a planner too.

And I like staying busy!

But now at 57, this whole notion of retirement sounds pretty damn good!

I am not really caught up and I have a really busy day on tap before I leave on vacation tomorrow.

I realized I made a huge mistake with my mom’s Medicaid application. I had been sending it to the wrong email address for the person person helping us prepare it… so lost two weeks of time and sending documents to a .com email address instead of a .net email address.

🫨

I’m just checking stuff sporadically last night and today.

I am not really caught up and I have a really busy day on tap before I leave on vacation tomorrow.

I realized I made a huge mistake with my mom’s Medicaid application. I had been sending it to the wrong email address for the person person helping us prepare it… so lost two weeks of time and sending documents to a .com email address instead of a .net email address.

🫨

I’m just checking stuff sporadically last night and today.
Oh no! Glad you caught it now. How frustrating! Comprehensive review is a good idea. 🫂 🍀

Back