The 50 Plus Cafe, Pub, All-Nite Greasy Spoon and Dive Bar

One of my father’s businesses he ran was an industrial cleaning franchise. We had one of those extractors with a pull along hot water tank. One side was the recovery side and it was clear. You could see all the grime extracted from your carpets. We’d go into these immaculate homes and the homeowners would be shocked at how dirty the carpets were!

I didn’t know you could buy a home version? 🤔.

Let’s ratchet the Morning Z up to Draught horses!

View attachment 2394247
I love draughts! 😍😍

Happy Saturday!!! Nice to be able to stay away from the job today. There is stuff I could be doing in peace, but it'll all still be there on Monday, too. So, as they say, fuck it. Slept decently. Coffee is on, cats are fed, shotgun is in and can be picked up today. The big mags may get delivered today, depending on FedEx. So, we'll see. I may go to the gun store today while I'm out Because I Can. I haven't formally been to a store in quite awhile. Shows, yes. It might be nice to fondle something in anticipation of some future purchase.

Anyway . . . .

Yesterday was quite the day. Started home and met my boss who is RVing in Massachusetts for lunch.

Zipped down to the Mew London Ct ferry which we took to orient point on the north fork of Long Island. Eastern LI is beautiful and very rural. Farms, tractors etc.

Got stuck in traffic and go to the Mets game late. They soundly beat the Phillies (sorry @RJ). Then drove home and got in at 1230.

Working today.

Missed you all!!
Sounds like a full day! Now, you have the weekend to rest up from your vacation! 💞

Don’t! I was sitting in the sun today, back against a stone dyke with the drive going on. Nine guns all shooting, and I fell asleep! I didn’t hear the shooting or the horn go for the end of the drive. A young keeper tappped me on the shoulder. I think he was worried I was dead 😂
Probably not the place for a nap with guns going off all over??? 😱😱

@Oldermom935 I think a lesson in the Scots language might help.

A stain dyke is not a dirty lesbian as I first thought when arriving in Scotland...it's a stone wall.

A keeper is a game keeper.

Tablet is very sugary confectionary tasting of vanilla.

Your Piece is your lunch

So. when offered tablet by a keeper, told to climb on the stain dyke and don't forget your piece. It's not an invitation to a sex and drugs party that requires personal protection

Simples!
Could you say that all again just a little slower for those of us in the back of the classroom? 🤣😆🤣

Home. Long week. Got some shit done and some other shit didn't get done. The helper didn't do some shit he said was done and reinvented the wheel on doing some shit he was showed how to do most efficiently just yesterday. So, he may be done. Oh well.
Oh, dear. I hope you can relax and not think about shit this weekend! 🤗🥰🤗

I have a really upset stomach..so no food for me. Earlier I had a little of the beef and mushroom stew I made and a yogurt. I'm just going to be good with that. The medicine I'm on can cause nausea and stomach upset so I think this is what my problem is. Hopefully I feel better in the morning.
I hope you slept well and are feeling better today, K. 🫂🫂🫂

Back