The 50 Plus Cafe, Pub, All-Nite Greasy Spoon and Dive Bar

We all having fun yet? Maybe it's time just to fizzle out.....
giphy.webp

So a very un-weekend like Saturday for me. It was rainy all day and farm work seemed like not a great idea.

So I organized my paperwork and cleaned my office and purged a lot of paperwork to be shredded. Ran a few errands. Paid bills. Bought and moved 20 lbs of salt for our water system.

And now a @Wat_Tyler meatloaf is in the oven cooking. I made it with a lb of fresh venison (thanks neighbors) and 1lb of ground turkey. It’s smelling good.

Somehow managed to get 6500 steps in so far.
Still:a busy day despite the weather…well done!

Meh. Slept most of the day. Sipping some water. Listening to it rain. Don't really feel like eating, but we'll see later.
Eating is not as important as taking fluids. If you don't feel like eating, just don't. But continue to drink water, teas, broth, etc. even if you don't feel like it. Try not at least a couple cups every hour. 🫂🫂

Re-hydrating this morning - slowly. I ate two bowls of cereal yesterday - that was it. Slept half-assed. It feels like the humidity is 4000% - sticky here. I may turn on the a/c just to take the edge off of it. Lower back is sore, like from Thursday's activities.

Meh . . . .
When I'm sick, a cool room and warm bed seems to work best for me. You may have a bit of a fever.

And, what were you doing on Thursday? 🤔🤔

A busy weekend for me. I have just been to collect a Winchester Shotgun I bought at auction unseen and have left it with the gunsmith to have a choke bored out.

This afternoon the management and I are hosting tea or coffee and cake in the village hall to raise money for a cancer charity.

Tomorrow its a drive down to see my mum, cook her lunch and catch up with my brother. I will be scunnered by the end and glad to be back on the hill on Monday!
You ARE busy, G! Be careful driving. 🥰

Back