The 50 Plus Cafe, Pub, All-Nite Greasy Spoon and Dive Bar

Why yesterday at work was a horrible terrible no good very bad day is unimportant...what IS important is how lucky I am to have a boss who listens, validates, and shares her coffee and chocolate while she gives me a plan of attack for next time and composes a strongly worded letter carrying her weight and teeth to the appropriate channels. Its so easy to talk shit about whats wrong with the workplace but its important to express when its going right.
Glad you have a good boss! They're so rare IMO

Nice book reference (now a movie, too - but haven't seen it)... that's a favorite book in our family.

Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day by Judith Viorst, Illustrated by Ray Cruz 😍

Happy HumpDay all! Drinks are on me in The Spoon for us day drinkers. On third shift for this tour so gotta get my nap on a little later. Hope everyone irons out those workday frustrations and gets the job done to your satisfaction!

A little snow Morning Z…I think I’m just going to get it in under the wire.

View attachment 2401773
Snow Leopards - one of my favorite kitties!!!! ❤️‍🔥

Morning everyone. Finally - midweek. Feels like it should be the weekend already. :LOL:

I'm often tapped as a two-fer since I don't drink alcohol. I'm often the designated driver for family members.
Just realized only two of my inner circle actually drink... and one of them lives waaaaay out on the coast. :ROFLMAO:

Time now to dive into Spreadsheet Land. I have the monthly security task and need to get cracking. Will check in later. 👋
I only drink socially which is less these days when I am retired. I also never drink alone. For the most part, I am the designated driver too.

Here's the standard welcome for all café newcomers:
Welcome to the café.

We conduct ourselves a bit differently here than most of the rest of Lit.

Post #1 introduces the joint... and glancing back over the last 10-20 pages provides additional context.

To be clear:
1. No religion 2. No politics 3. No drama 4. This isn't a hook up thread. Take it to the DMs or go somewhere else.

Everyone is welcome but we are protective of the vibe

This applies to all who visit this thread.
If this feels like a good match, welcome...

If not then please keep looking on Lit -
There's so many threads to choose from. You're sure to find a few to your liking.

I'll have bacon, egg. baked beans, tomatoes, toast and a fucking big sausage, make that two.

Oh and a big mug of tea.
Welcome -
1 English breakfast...
and one tea - we offer the following... select one to your liking.

homemade-full-english-breakfast-with-pork-sausage-smoked-v0-u4v7162j5qrb1.jpg

A Coffee Grid.jpg

Back