The 50 Plus Cafe, Pub, All-Nite Greasy Spoon and Dive Bar

Morning good people! Knocked out a bath for my truck yesterday, so today need to run the wife’s through. I used to hand wash those babies, but now they get sent through the line. Have better use of my time nowadays!😂. Slept in, started a load of laundry, now hunkering down for a typical lazy Sunday. Coffee, eggs, bacon, and grits. The Return of the Pink Panther is on, keeping me company with the first cup. Cooking shows, Carolina Outdoor Journal, then the Formula 1 race from Austin! I told the tribe to not bother me! 🤣. We’ll see how that goes!

Hope everyone’s Sunday is as productive! The MZ…

View attachment 2411562
Your day sounds fun and relaxing. Nothing better than getting things done followed by a good movie!

I cut them up blanched in boiling salted water for 2 minutes stopped cooking by throwing in an ice bath then layed on paper towels on a cookie sheet to dry out a bit...then took off the wet paper towels qnd threw in the freezer to freeze (so they don't stick together) once they were frozen threw them in a freezer bag to use later
That is simple and perfect for my needs. Thanks. 😊

Upon request and have done both from recipes and not mixes. I have done squash pancakes, applesauce pancakes and want to try buckwheat pancakes. The crepes are basic and fun is whether you want savory or sweet filling.
I am on my way! Buck wheat pancakes are awesome.

(I was doing voice to text and buckwheat came out as fuck wheat!😂 I am glad that the AI knows me so well…)

Who does this remind ya'll of :D

AD_4nXc6WWM_m3PZ1Zy5iFpE4_qd5XXJmYFmQkPiQbHyVt1FwvV3TgFDN64_-7SmY6plvXUzO83SrtunEe80Wx5htTrCXQ1xCQ0LbSOjCrW7gGsPg4jS0q7VoSgFADkg7byUyyxs1OP9wRuzpNH0a9Gt7arDpYH9

I wandered to the hotel lobby to make sure they had coffee, which they do. And those funny pump containers. I don’t understand why those things always leave ahead on the coffee. Beer has a head, Coffey does not. And they have half-and-half in the tiny containers which are unrefrigerated. I can understand why the flavour bullshit is not refrigerated, but half-and-half deserves and belongs in refrigeration.

Not sure about that crap. Maybe it’s too early to think.
safe yourself... skip their coffee
heck, even the Golden Arches has better on offer than the sounds of this... and I don't even use any of the creamer options *shudder*

Good morning Wat and drive safe. Good morning OM and glad you’re doing the runs. These days a 3 mile walk is my goal.

Warm weather today and most of the week. So I think I am going to take a walk through the cemetery. I have to take down all the wreaths etc before they clean up for winter displays.

Simple plans today. Call my sister and all.
that sounds like a lovely day, actually 🤗

I wish mine would learn me. I'm always correcting it. It'd be easier just to text it
I used it when it first came out but it was so bad I went to night school and learned to touch type. When I was doing the day job I used it very effectively to record my site notes and then just plugged it in to the pc and it was pretty damn accurate.

But then I am an English Gentlemen so speak proper English not the bastardised version some people think passes for it! 😇 😇 😂 😂

likes2watchU - you are amazing! Had no idea there were heated outdoor bird baths :love: LOL! ..had to bring one of my senior fur babies to the vet this week worried she was crossing the rainbow bridge but thank goodness came back home with her and a bunch of new prescriptions... I am having fun with this winter bird feeding I have to say!
So glad your fur baby will be okay. 🤗 to you both. Hope the new meds go well.

I had no idea there were heated bird baths either! I searched thinking I would strike out and respond that we needed to get a design under patent quickly since clearly there's a market need that must be filled. Only to find such a variety of makes/models for heated bird baths! Astounding.

I used it when it first came out but it was so bad I went to night school and learned to touch type. When I was doing the day job I used it very effectively to record my site notes and then just plugged it in to the pc and it was pretty damn accurate.

But then I am an English Gentlemen so speak proper English not the bastardised version some people think passes for it! 😇 😇 😂 😂
Hey !!!! I resemble that last remark....lol

Upon request and have done both from recipes and not mixes. I have done squash pancakes, applesauce pancakes and want to try buckwheat pancakes. The crepes are basic and fun is whether you want savory or sweet filling.
My apple pear sauce is sooooooooo good ..like yum yum yum... I got Asian pears in my farm stand delivery..... not really a fan of pears but mikes with apple cinnamon nutmeg and a little sugar.....YUM

Slept in, started a load of laundry, now hunkering down for a typical lazy Sunday. Coffee, eggs, bacon, and grits.
Woke early then went back to bed (ahem, @Azuldrgon )
laundry - in process
lazy Sunday - in process
Coffee - in hand
eggs, bacon - skipping
grits - hmm, haven't had those in a while
if motivated enough maybe garlic, cheese grits with protein pancakes* for dinner
(*regular batter w/ added protein supplement added)
In the book and movies, The Lord of The Rings, the hobbits seem to have a voracious appetite, even with their small stature.

I think they have something like seven or eight meals a day!

Unacceptable. You should riot!! At least bring it to their attention.

You should get your coffee without clothes on!!
but maybe rethink if you decide to walk into Golden Arches or BK or someplace for your cuppa 🤭
Where r Beavis and butthead.... "bottom..."
Beavis_and_Butthead.jpg ask and you shall receive :LOL:
I am on my way! Buck wheat pancakes are awesome.

(I was doing voice to text and buckwheat came out as fuck wheat!😂 I am glad that the AI knows me so well…)
So it couldn’t spell either …it’s “Fuck Wit”
I was going to say that sounds just like Fuck Wit spoken with an accent :ROFLMAO: which reminded me of an article about how most voice-to-text applications really struggle with the Scottish accent
I wish mine would learn me. I'm always correcting it. It'd be easier just to text it
Mine must have some child-safe default set. It will have the starting letter followed by * placeholders for the rest of the letters in the word. F****** annoying!
@Wonderer67
I don't use voice to text because I'm missing some important teeth and the text would look bizarre so I only have to deal with spell checker, which isn't much better.
Agreed - spell check sucks just as much
Maybe, if we could, we should all plan a day a week of slower simplicity?
🥰
Hey !!!! I resemble that last remark....lol
Ditto :ROFLMAO:

I'm not a bastardised version either, yet it doesn't understand me. Bless your heart! :ROFLMAO: I'm southern! AI doesn't understand us southerners yet.

My apple pear sauce is sooooooooo good ..like yum yum yum... I got Asian pears in my farm stand delivery..... not really a fan of pears but mikes with apple cinnamon nutmeg and a little sugar.....YUM
I didn't like pears much growing up. Somewhere along the line that changed. I 😍 them now. Tried an Asian pear for the first time on my last trip to CA. OMG - so delish!

Of course that scene from City of Angels just made me like them even more. 😊

Home.Rig is parked out front. I want to wash it tomorrow. I have to go shopping, to the bank, and to get some petrol. Made some oatmeal, some for now and some for later.

Cats are quiet except for the brief running fit the girls had.

Back