The 50 Plus Cafe, Pub, All-Nite Greasy Spoon and Dive Bar

Fantastic. Now I am interested in freezer prepping parsnips and carrots. How do you do that?
I cut them up blanched in boiling salted water for 2 minutes stopped cooking by throwing in an ice bath then layed on paper towels on a cookie sheet to dry out a bit...then took off the wet paper towels qnd threw in the freezer to freeze (so they don't stick together) once they were frozen threw them in a freezer bag to use later

OK, I don’t know what those are.
In the book and movies, The Lord of The Rings, the hobbits seem to have a voracious appetite, even with their small stature.

I think they have something like seven or eight meals a day!
Happy Sunday! The hotel doesn’t seem to have Coffey ready yet. That’s just unacceptable.
Unacceptable. You should riot!! At least bring it to their attention.
I may go ahead and saddle up and hit the road sort that out at my house. Got my trailer, ready to go, after a shower anyway. I suppose I should get dressed, too. it is kind of chilly
You should get your coffeee without clothes on!!

I wandered to the hotel lobby to make sure they had coffee, which they do. And those funny pump containers. I don’t understand why those things always leave ahead on the coffee. Beer has a head, Coffey does not. And they have half-and-half in the tiny containers which are unrefrigerated. I can understand why the flavour bullshit is not refrigerated, but half-and-half deserves and belongs in refrigeration.

Not sure about that crap. Maybe it’s too early to think.
Also unacceptable.

I don’t need a fancy schmancy coffee drink. But I do just need a cuppa.

So yesterday I took the advantage of prepping some food. I made a meatloaf, cook some beets, made apple pear sauce, freezer prep some parsnips and carrots. Then I went to watch the pups next door. Today I'm going to go outside and cut down some of my plants. Do a little fall prep. I need to vacuum.
You’re a busy lady!!

Sounds productive.

likes2watchU - you are amazing! Had no idea there were heated outdoor bird baths :love: LOL! ..had to bring one of my senior fur babies to the vet this week worried she was crossing the rainbow bridge but thank goodness came back home with her and a bunch of new prescriptions... I am having fun with this winter bird feeding I have to say!
Hope your cat continues to improve health wise!

I cut them up blanched in boiling salted water for 2 minutes stopped cooking by throwing in an ice bath then layed on paper towels on a cookie sheet to dry out a bit...then took off the wet paper towels qnd threw in the freezer to freeze (so they don't stick together) once they were frozen threw them in a freezer bag to use later
Back in the day we used to Blanch stuff but frankly I have never seen a problem when we don’t so….we don’t! Saves a lot of hassle

Back