The 50 Plus Cafe, Pub, All-Nite Greasy Spoon and Dive Bar

What would you suggest for a 4-5 year old
We were told to start him out with wrestling
We eventually want to put him in BJJ
I would say find him a good martial arts class, judo preferably where:

The kids are allowed to have fun, the instructor is good on discipline, and they don’t do ridiculous stretches and exercise routines. Don’t go anywhere that is a rip off on fees or uniforms.

I dont like Tai Kwondo or kick boxing, for these reasons, but don’t know anything about wrestling.

If the kids enjoy it they will do well. My two started judo as five year olds. They learned that getting dumped on your butt rarely hurts anything other than your pride. The beauty of judo, and I guess wrestling, is they are hands on and kids are naturally competitive in the main. Karate is a lot of pinching and kicking fresh air! It doesn’t have the satisfaction of taking another kid down…..I would let five year olds put me on my back!

Hope this helps but it’s more about the instructor than anything!

The kids are allowed to have fun, the instructor is good on discipline, and they don’t do ridiculous stretches and exercise routines. Don’t go anywhere that is a rip off on fees or uniforms.

I dont like Tai Kwondo or kick boxing, for these reasons, but don’t know anything about wrestling.

If the kids enjoy it they will do well. My two started judo as five year olds. They learned that getting dumped on your butt rarely hurts anything other than your pride. The beauty of judo, and I guess wrestling, is they are hands on and kids are naturally competitive in the main. Karate is a lot of pinching and kicking fresh air! It doesn’t have the satisfaction of taking another kid down…..I would let five year olds put me on my back!

I’d agree. Judo or Akido, but Not jujitsu. As a child, I took Judo where everyone was bigger than me, fun to flip them. I tried jujitsu for a bit, an older bigger kid tried to attack me in a community center, I used jujitsu, he was on the ground with a broken nose.
A judo throw would have been less damaging.

We have a top 10 MMA fighter that suggested starting him out with wrestling first and we live in a very rural area and the instructor we found out went to state in wrestling
So hopefully it works out

Home. So is Super Fred - the car. Truck did great. We had a lovely visit in the seller's driveway when I got there yesterday afternoon. The Ford Guys, 3 Fords, and me, and 1 lonely Packard. So I loaded it on the trailer and brought it home.

Here it is, quivering with excitement and anticipation:

IMG_4057.jpg

Back